Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-21-2012, 11:10 AM   #617
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
I'm intending to keep my car for 20 years or so. it is a garage queen and won't ever see a puddle
It may have some muscle car/collector value by then.
willhe64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:29 PM   #618
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
thought id drop this in here.... 45th lowered 1.4"
Looks killer!!!! Definitely have me considering springs again!
I told myself I'd just wait and pay for coilovers but you've got me wanting springs again!
Old 04-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #619
-SS-

Drives: 45th Anniversary Camaro SS
Thought I'd throw some pictures on here. Ive had her for a week now and absolutely love my new car. Ive removed the bowties for a cleaner look, and today I pulled the stripes off!! I love the color so much I wanted to be able to see more of it! I'm super happy with the results!!

Last edited by -SS-; 04-22-2012 at 08:36 AM. Reason: added pic
-SS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:41 PM   #620
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Quote:
Originally Posted by -SS- View Post
Thought I'd throw some pictures on here. Ive had her for a week now and absolutely love my new car. Ive removed the bowties for a cleaner look, and today I pulled the stripes off!! I love the color so much I wanted to be able to see more of it! I'm super happy with the results!!

Looks cool! No harm no foul really. Another set of stripes is $100 or so but really, if you want the stripes again just get 'em painted on. And if you were to get them painted on, you would need to pull the stripes off, which you've already done! You're ahead of the game!
Old 04-21-2012, 11:41 PM   #621
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Spoiler for everyone, I plastidipped my rims.

Pictures to come tomorrow morning! (well, that means in like 10 hours, haha)

Also ran my 45th on the dragstrip for the first time ever. Best time all night was 13.9x. I was a little disappointed with myself, my problem was my launch. EVERY TIME I bogged down off the light. I need practice!

And the one time I got a good(ish) launch, I missed my 2nd to 3rd shift.

I just let off after missing the shift, and coasted from like 75mph to the finish and my time was like 15 seconds. IF ONLY I hadn't missed that shift!!!!!!!!

Oh well, I had a great time nonetheless and can't really complain for my first time on the strip!
Old 04-21-2012, 11:59 PM   #622
StentS

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th Anniversary LS3
I went March 31st to our local track here. I was the first car down the track the first day of the season. Smoked the tires bad through 1st, 2nd and 3rd no matter how I tried to feather the clutch or throttle. Top Gun Raceway is at 3990 elevation and the DA was over 5700. As bad as it spun, the car ran a 14.2 (13.11 corrected).
I just ordered a ton of parts for the rear suspension along with a cai and VMax throttle body, 1/7/8 catted Kooks and a Flomaster Outlaw Exhaust and SCT tuner with a tune from JRE for all the mods. Everything should be here by May 9th so I am pretty excited to see what all this will net.
Next trip to the strip I will air the tires (PZeros) down to 26 and do a good burnout to get them hot as I was told by another member on here that runs out here also.

What was your 60 ft time Chip? Can you post some timeslips? I would like to see what the DA was where you ran and see if the corrected times look better.....

Vince

StentS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:24 AM   #623
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Quote:
Originally Posted by StentS View Post
I went March 31st to our local track here. I was the first car down the track the first day of the season. Smoked the tires bad through 1st, 2nd and 3rd no matter how I tried to feather the clutch or throttle. Top Gun Raceway is at 3990 elevation and the DA was over 5700. As bad as it spun, the car ran a 14.2 (13.11 corrected).
I just ordered a ton of parts for the rear suspension along with a cai and VMax throttle body, 1/7/8 catted Kooks and a Flomaster Outlaw Exhaust and SCT tuner with a tune from JRE for all the mods. Everything should be here by May 9th so I am pretty excited to see what all this will net.
Next trip to the strip I will air the tires (PZeros) down to 26 and do a good burnout to get them hot as I was told by another member on here that runs out here also.

What was your 60 ft time Chip? Can you post some timeslips? I would like to see what the DA was where you ran and see if the corrected times look better.....

Vince
All my timeslips are in the car. I'll be able to post them up tomorrow afternoon.

All my 60ft times were horrible, as expected. I don't know if I got below a 2.5 at all, I'll have to check.

Sounds like the mod bug bit you Vince! And those sound like some good mods there. I can't wait to see what they do for ya.

I actually thought about airing down my tires at the track but I wasn't sure if it would help the Pzeros. Also I never used the waterbox and only spun my tires to clean them off.

Like I said, I'll have those slips up tomorrow afternoon. I'll be spending the morning mounting my rims back on.

P.S.: Now I know why people put masking tape on their quarter panels when racing. I didn't notice the rubber until I got home this morning.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:09 AM   #624
StentS

I had the mod bug long before my trip to the track. I was doing a lot of research to help put the right combo together the first time. My biggest disappointment with the car was it's ability to put the power to the ground. Either it didn't hook or it was wheel hopping. Hence all the suspension parts. It will probably take me a week doing it all myself. Hardest part will be dropping and reinstalling the rear cradle. But the end result should be worth it. The other guy I mentioned dropped 3 tenths in the 1/8 mile with the same rear suspension mods.... but he was smarter than me and paid someone to install 'em haha.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:26 AM   #625
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by StentS View Post
I had the mod bug long before my trip to the track. I was doing a lot of research to help put the right combo together the first time. My biggest disappointment with the car was it's ability to put the power to the ground. Either it didn't hook or it was wheel hopping. Hence all the suspension parts. It will probably take me a week doing it all myself. Hardest part will be dropping and reinstalling the rear cradle. But the end result should be worth it. The other guy I mentioned dropped 3 tenths in the 1/8 mile with the same rear suspension mods.... but he was smarter than me and paid someone to install 'em haha.

As long as you have some air tools I think the suspension is pretty easy. Once you get up underneath and understand the parts of the independent you will find it easy to install. Hardest part is just understand and well have some air tools it will save you days of soreness and fingers hurting. And I'm not joking about the soreness, I work out 4 days a week and run 6 and I was physically exhausted from just lowering springs.
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:51 PM   #626
Krobar

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Ann SS
Finally

I finally bought a 5th gen manual SS. With the help of Becky at Rodgers Chevy ( ty soooo much). I bought it last Thursday and have enjoyed driving it all over till the we hours of the morn. Wife thinks I'm cheatin on her with the car lol. My little dude thinks it's cool as hell.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Krobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:56 PM   #627
StentS

Congrats!!!!! and welcome...
You are gonna love the 45th... careful of the mod bug it bites very hard...

Kid needs some wheel time teach em young !!!!

Vince

Old 04-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #628
StentS

Track Day

Here is a photo of me at the track... First car down the track the first day of the season. You can see the tires up in smoke no matter what I did to feather the throttle or clutch...
It was still a blast !!!!
Attached Images

Old 04-24-2012, 02:20 PM   #629
Jeremy.Harris.Sr

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS 45th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krobar View Post
I finally bought a 5th gen manual SS. With the help of Becky at Rodgers Chevy ( ty soooo much). I bought it last Thursday and have enjoyed driving it all over till the we hours of the morn. Wife thinks I'm cheatin on her with the car lol. My little dude thinks it's cool as hell.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Congratulations on the purchase. Becky is great. I met her while I was back home a couple of weeks ago. Nice Tiger's shirt on the kiddo. Looks about the same age as my son was when I took him to his first Tiger's game.
Jeremy.Harris.Sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:49 PM   #630
SC2PRKR
2012 SS 45th Just Arrived

Drives: 2014 Z71 Silverado
Love all the 45th Anniversaries on here! I have been wanting to upload mine to the pack of pictures. I have put on Matte TSW's, MagnaFlow Cat Back, CAI, Elite Catch Can and blacked out bow ties. Love to hear the feedback! -Mike
Attached Images

SC2PRKR is offline   Reply With Quote