Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 03:08 PM   #113
east TX Muscle cars

Drives: 2x 05 Vettes/65'AC cobra/68 camaro
Just wanted to let you Gus know You will be able to get these great kits from us also! we ar the Home of the first ever KB GTO, and specialize in FI ls base cars! when they release these maybe we can work up a Group Buy for all the Camaro 5 guys!

here is a little about the FIRST EVER KB GTO. you can also watch the vids and get to here that bad boy 2.8!!!

http://www.easttexasmusclecars.com/gallery/young.htm
Old 01-13-2010, 03:36 PM   #114
mcdoogle6969

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
So is this set up as loud as the old KB's are on other cars? I just hope it wont end up being quiet like the maggie.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:13 PM   #115
Total_Perf_Eng

Drives: Corvette
Send a message via AIM to Total_Perf_Eng
It depends on how you set it up..
You can have it loud, or you can have it silent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdoogle6969 View Post
So is this set up as loud as the old KB's are on other cars? I just hope it wont end up being quiet like the maggie.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:35 PM   #116
stanwilliams
3000 hp 648 ci beast

Drives: 86 Outlaw 10.5 Camaro, 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Total_Perf_Eng View Post
It depends on how you set it up..
You can have it loud, or you can have it silent.
How is it you change the noise level? Personally I don't really want a lot of noise from the blower. I'd rather just hear the rumble of the exhaust.

mods: ******** setup. Whipple supercharger....Need suspension upgrades now... 4" stroker kit, ARH, cam on my wish list.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:49 PM   #117
Total_Perf_Eng

Camaro5 members:

TPE and Kenne Bell would like to point out that there is a select group of dealers around the country that are fobidden to sell/install these kits. Wether it be due to bashing, or bad workmanship, the fact is, is they are not authorized dealers.

The protection of KB's dealer group, is extremely important both to Kenne Bell and TPE. It is a very difficult process to become an authorized installer. KB reserves this for only the very best in the business. Mr Bell dos not tolerate a shop just trying to make a buck off of a kit. They want to know that the shop is in for the long haul, regardless of anything else.

KB dealers are not permitted to just sell and dropship the product. It can only be sold in 1 of 3 ways. KB direct, TPE Direct, or Authorized Installer in your area. The reason for this, is because we want to make sure that in the event of a tech issue, you are not just a "sale" to the shop, but a valued walk-in customer.

Although we are well aware that other supercharger companies around the country will sell to anyone with a business license, it is KB's stance that it will never be allowed with their product.

If you want a list of "Authorized" installers around the country, or in yur neck of the woods, either KB or TPE will be happy to point you in the right direction. But chances are, if they are a big name in the business, and have passed Mr Bells strict standards, they are an installer.

Internet retail businesses are not eligable for authorized dealer agreements. NO authorized dealer anywhere in the US, is permitted to offer "Deals", or special "Group Buys". Although it is not out of the question, it is something that is looked at in a strict manner. KB does not want their customers to feel they paid any more than the guy next to them.

If you do see some type of initial special, it will come from one of 2 places. Kenne Bell, or Total Performance Engineering. But these specials will also be avail at your favorite authorized install shop. So you can be rest assured that everyone will be happy, AND get the BEST possible service avail, from the most compitent install shops in the US.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:52 PM   #118
Total_Perf_Eng

Intake setup, pulley setup. If you are running low/moderate boost, the blower will be near silent. Its only when you run moderate to high boost, on a smaller blower, that makes the sound.

But it really depends on your build.

IF you are running a high boost application, on a 2.8, its gonna scream. Theres no 2 ways around it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanwilliams View Post
How is it you change the noise level? Personally I don't really want a lot of noise from the blower. I'd rather just hear the rumble of the exhaust.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:13 PM   #119
PatrickfromMD

Drives: Buick Enclave/Corvette/2010 Camaro
Quote:
Intake setup, pulley setup. If you are running low/moderate boost, the blower will be near silent. Its only when you run moderate to high boost, on a smaller blower, that makes the sound.

But it really depends on your build.

IF you are running a high boost application, on a 2.8, its gonna scream. Theres no 2 ways around it.
Yea, that was another reason I was wondering if spinning a 3.6 slower would resut in a quieter implimentation than a 2.8 at moderate speed. What does a 2.8 sound like on a mildly camed 406 small block at 12 psi? Does it sound harsh?

***56K miles and still going strong***
2SS/RS IOM ext w/cyber grey stripes, tinted windows, IO int Auto
ProTorque prototype Converter, Chuck Mosello of Westchester Corvettes Custom Tune
T&T installed SLP Longtubes, Powerflow X Pipe, and Powerflow axle back
JL 10W3 in custom side sub box, new door tweeters, Alpine 5ch 600 watt
T&T configured ACS front Fascia w/ heritage grill, splitter, dual color halos, , led markers, taillight bezels , all accented in CGM
Gary Custom Z vented fenders. Vararam ver 2
Old 01-13-2010, 06:19 PM   #120
thalilbear02

Drives: Searching for 6th Gen 1LE
Quote:
Camaro5 members:

TPE and Kenne Bell would like to point out that there is a select group of dealers around the country that are fobidden to sell/install these kits. Wether it be due to bashing, or bad workmanship, the fact is, is they are not authorized dealers.

The protection of KB's dealer group, is extremely important both to Kenne Bell and TPE. It is a very difficult process to become an authorized installer. KB reserves this for only the very best in the business. Mr Bell dos not tolerate a shop just trying to make a buck off of a kit. They want to know that the shop is in for the long haul, regardless of anything else.

KB dealers are not permitted to just sell and dropship the product. It can only be sold in 1 of 3 ways. KB direct, TPE Direct, or Authorized Installer in your area. The reason for this, is because we want to make sure that in the event of a tech issue, you are not just a "sale" to the shop, but a valued walk-in customer.

Although we are well aware that other supercharger companies around the country will sell to anyone with a business license, it is KB's stance that it will never be allowed with their product.

If you want a list of "Authorized" installers around the country, or in yur neck of the woods, either KB or TPE will be happy to point you in the right direction. But chances are, if they are a big name in the business, and have passed Mr Bells strict standards, they are an installer.

Internet retail businesses are not eligable for authorized dealer agreements. NO authorized dealer anywhere in the US, is permitted to offer "Deals", or special "Group Buys". Although it is not out of the question, it is something that is looked at in a strict manner. KB does not want their customers to feel they paid any more than the guy next to them.

If you do see some type of initial special, it will come from one of 2 places. Kenne Bell, or Total Performance Engineering. But these specials will also be avail at your favorite authorized install shop. So you can be rest assured that everyone will be happy, AND get the BEST possible service avail, from the most compitent install shops in the US.
Very good to know... Obviously I would have purchased through Kenne Bell directly anyway, but if a member decides to purchase through a different vendor that might not be authorized, I'm assuming there is no warranty that can be offered since there was no communication through KB correct?
Old 01-13-2010, 06:39 PM   #121
Total_Perf_Eng

Correct (at least they have the right to) But given the circumstances surrounding the sale, KB is not one to punish an unsuspecting customer. Thats just not fair.

But it is not difficult to find out. Any reputable shop should just be able to tell you. But you could always call, and ask for the shop closest to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalilbear02 View Post
Very good to know... Obviously I would have purchased through Kenne Bell directly anyway, but if a member decides to purchase through a different vendor that might not be authorized, I'm assuming there is no warranty that can be offered since there was no communication through KB correct?
Old 01-13-2010, 06:40 PM   #122
Total_Perf_Eng

Its not harsh at all. Thats kinda the point where you begin to hear it. But its very faint.

We just did a 408 with a 2.6 on 10.5psi, and it was completely silent. Being that its a 2.6, we had to spin it faster than if it was a 2.8. But even then, you couldnt hear it at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickfromMD View Post
Yea, that was another reason I was wondering if spinning a 3.6 slower would resut in a quieter implimentation than a 2.8 at moderate speed. What does a 2.8 sound like on a mildly camed 406 small block at 12 psi? Does it sound harsh?
Old 01-13-2010, 08:17 PM   #123
ls7camaro

Drives: 2010 camaro
i really want my KB to scream, so what psi do i have to run to get to that sound level
Old 01-13-2010, 08:39 PM   #124
camaro692

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, G8 GT, HD FLHRX
Im with ls7camaro. Make em scream at 8psi please
Old 01-13-2010, 08:49 PM   #125
mcdoogle6969

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro692 View Post
Im with ls7camaro. Make em scream at 8psi please
ditto. I am craving that noise in my car!
Old 01-13-2010, 09:44 PM   #126
liquidfire350

Drives: 2010 Black SS/RS
I remember seeing 03 KB cobra videos back in the day thinking, I want my car to scream like that. Unfortunatly there never was a 4th gen kit, stupid windshield.

Closed Thread