Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 05-30-2019, 10:54 PM   #1
Hooks112

Drives: '15 Z/28 #698(A/C,AW) & other stuff
Which Elite bracket for Catch Can (2nd Gen)?

Some of the recent threads and previous experience has led me to the purchase of an Elite Engineering Catch Can - 2nd Generation for my Z/28.

Seems to be some confusion as to which bracket is correct for our application, wondering if any of you are using this catch can, and if so, which bracket are you using?

The bracket I received was for the ZL1, and is supposed to mount to a radiator bolt. Fine on a ZL1, but our oil reservoir is right in the way of this mounting location. Yes, I did make it clear that I didn't have a ZL1 when ordering.

Yes, I've recommended to go with the C6 Z06 427 bracket as a likely unit, but there seems to still be some confusion on their end as to which bracket will work best......???

Of course, bracket and unit are delivered today, in time for a tonight/tomorrow install, before a track day on Saturday. That was the plan!

Catch-can looks cool, nice unit, well made. Will go nicely with the rest of the engine bay.

TIA,
MK
Hooks112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 08:00 AM   #2
DasBaldDog

Drives: 2017 Focus RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooks112 View Post
Some of the recent threads and previous experience has led me to the purchase of an Elite Engineering Catch Can - 2nd Generation for my Z/28.

Seems to be some confusion as to which bracket is correct for our application, wondering if any of you are using this catch can, and if so, which bracket are you using?

The bracket I received was for the ZL1, and is supposed to mount to a radiator bolt. Fine on a ZL1, but our oil reservoir is right in the way of this mounting location. Yes, I did make it clear that I didn't have a ZL1 when ordering.

Yes, I've recommended to go with the C6 Z06 427 bracket as a likely unit, but there seems to still be some confusion on their end as to which bracket will work best......???

Of course, bracket and unit are delivered today, in time for a tonight/tomorrow install, before a track day on Saturday. That was the plan!

Catch-can looks cool, nice unit, well made. Will go nicely with the rest of the engine bay.

TIA,
MK
Can you still use the bolt and mock up a spacer to off-set the can out of the way of the oil reservoir?
DasBaldDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 08:05 AM   #3
MX621

Drives: 2014 z28

I used the hockey stick mount to get to this. I would have preferred to mount it on the pass side, but limited on mounting points. Overall I’m happy. It’s the e2 can
MX621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 01:52 AM   #4
Hooks112

Thanks for the replies.

A friend just acquired a C6 Z06 and just so happens to have a catch can (Gen 1 catch can). A bit random that I ran into him this weekend. I like this setup a bit better on the passenger side. Looks like it should fit with a bit of finagling.

Interesting that the Oil reservoir is far on the passenger side of the engine compartment.

Name:  Z06 Engine with Catch Can.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  192.0 KB

Name:  Catch Can Z06.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  190.4 KB
Old 06-03-2019, 12:16 PM   #5
MX621

Drives: 2014 z28
I tried to mount it like you pictured on the c6z, couldn’t get it to fit to my liking. Isn’t enough room, the fuse box and other stuff is in the way, but I also have the larger E2 can.
MX621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 12:55 PM   #6
Hooks112

Update to this thread:

Made my own bracket, but I think the Elite G8 bracket would work if you are considering mounting this catch can to the oil tank as I did. Hope this helps!
Attached Images

Tags
catch can, catch-can, elite, elite engineering