Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 06-20-2012, 06:19 AM   #323
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Stink Solution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactuseater View Post
OMG man, you're right on point with that smell.....like rotting trash wasn't it?
Have you tried those little pine trees that hang from the rear-view mirror?
Don't use more than three at one time, because the weight will pull the mirror off the glass.
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #324
cactuseater

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Rophone View Post
Have you tried those little pine trees that hang from the rear-view mirror?
Don't use more than three at one time, because the weight will pull the mirror off the glass.
Funny thing is, the day we took delivery, I went to adjust the mirror and it fell off in my hand.
cactuseater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:09 PM   #325
Tiberious
Old '71 Owner

Drives: 11 Camaro Vert;97 Malibu;03 Venture
Sounds like an omen.....the mirror reflects on the car after all.

Mine goes back to the shop tomorrow. The 'fix' didn't resolve rub marks, the wind noise is worse and now has a whistle to it....oh and the wife found a cable sticking out from the driver side of the top. Classy!

*sigh*
Old 06-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #326
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Well we have driven over 700 miles since Monday mostly with the top down. We have cycled the top 12 times and I must say no rub marks or wrinkles are showing so far. I hope I just didn't jinx us LOL.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:02 PM   #327
spikess581

Drives: IOM2SSconvertible,64 malibu,04fxdwg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
Sounds like an omen.....the mirror reflects on the car after all.

Mine goes back to the shop tomorrow. The 'fix' didn't resolve rub marks, the wind noise is worse and now has a whistle to it....oh and the wife found a cable sticking out from the driver side of the top. Classy!

*sigh*
The cable is an easy fix. the tech replacing it was to lazy to run it the right way. I fixed my own.
spikess581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:38 PM   #328
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactuseater View Post
Funny thing is, the day we took delivery, I went to adjust the mirror and it fell off in my hand.
Then, be sure to use only ONE pine tree air-freshener.
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:01 AM   #329
cactuseater

Drives: .
cactuseater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:20 AM   #330
Tiberious
Old '71 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikess581 View Post
The cable is an easy fix. the tech replacing it was to lazy to run it the right way. I fixed my own.
Sthanks Spikess! I'm going to make them do it anyhow. They have to rent the loaner car...so hopefully that'll remind them that it's not free for me to bring my car in for a half-baked repair time and again.

Besides, ticks up the counter on repairs for the eventual replacement if it comes to that.

Tib
Tiberious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:03 PM   #331
bambam72_1999

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Convertible
2011 2LT/RS vert

I have owned this car almost 9 months, only put 3800 miles on it and have had it in the shop 5 times and it still has an issue with the window accuator that the dealer said he will document but doesnt want to replace it as all the parts are PROBABLY doing this and he wants to wait and see if a new fixed accuator comes out for these! Really??? So how do I get more info on the GM buy back program as it qualifies as a lemon under Missouri law. At this point I would just exchange it for a coupe and be done with the vert all together and the roof issues and all.
bambam72_1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:36 PM   #332
robertj1122

Drives: 2011 Vert 2SS RS
Problems

Brand new to the site, was referred from the Facebook top problem page, only now learning of all the issues with the tops. Since customer service and dealer got me no where.

Can anyone tell me if I should expect water problems on top of the rubbing and cuts in my top based on my VIN?

Any help would be appreciated.

Has anyone tried taking GM to small claims to actually get their tops replaced? Its crazy they offer to modify the top at no charge to fix the reason for the damaged top but refuse to replace the top...

'11 2SS RS Vert
robertj1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:56 PM   #333
decepticon-vert

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT Convertible
Send a message via Yahoo to decepticon-vert
Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones. I had top recall done. I have had my vert for 6 months almost 10k miles at least a third of those miles are with top down. Driven up 110mph top down and car has preformed to full expectation. I have nothing but positive things to say about my vert. Wouldnt trade it for a coupe (maybe a ZL1 vert but that's it lol) otherwise I plan to keep it as long as I can..
Old 06-21-2012, 09:46 PM   #334
Tiberious
Old '71 Owner

Went into Chevrolet of Puyallup today to follow up on the 'repair' from the TSB. A wire was now sticking out from the side and wind noise had gotten worse. To my surprise both dept. managers met me at the door and immediately started inspecting the top. By the time they were done they were fuming at the situation. They started a mind meld of ideas on how to approach both GM and resolving the problem. They were excited to hear (from me) that GM had a new mechanism for future Camaro production and immediately went about finding out about it. To nobody's surprise GM has been pretty mum to their dealers on the subject. Interestingly enough Brandon (of GM Customer Service Rep fame) had contacted them and urged some action...though to be honest I don't feel that these guys needed much urging! In any case, I'll keep you guys updated on what happens next. The plan for now is to fix the current top with the ultimate goal of replacing it with the new top/mechanism down the line. As things stand right now, I'm pretty optimistic. Far more than I expected at this stage of the game!
Old 06-22-2012, 12:04 PM   #335
spikess581

Drives: IOM2SSconvertible,64 malibu,04fxdwg
Tiberious, did they reroute the cables so you can use the top? it takes 5 minutes to do then if the reset the mounting tabs behind the window your wind noise will go away. I can do it if they are willing to fly me out and then charge GM for the trip.
spikess581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:47 PM   #336
Tiberious
Old '71 Owner

Spikes,

They kept the car and are calling their regional GM rep. They will fix it (and apparently despite the TSB) as well as repair the weather stripping that they poked a hole in to 'fix' the cable in the first place. Failing that they have a shop in mind they want to take it to. As it's going to rain for the next week or so, I won't miss the car and I'm hoping to have some positive results to report to you all soon.

Thanks for the info, maybe they'll fly you out! WA isn't a bad place to be in the summertime! At least we're not baking in the heat here!

Tib
Tiberious is offline   Reply With Quote