Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-18-2017, 09:23 AM   #29
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Limited slip additive essential for the clutches etc in the rears when a stock internal, now if it were a Eaton posi I would love a truetrac...LOL that takes regular oil for a diff, or someone can upgrade oils like to royal purple or lucas or such and go by their recommendations but usually the stock oil and additive are fine for most who do not mod their rear..

I know Jannetty racing used too and I sure still align hone the rear outers on the pumpkin and sell billet bearing caps for the rear diff but the deal is you have to have it removed from the car..so if you have a place that can align the rear honing it better when the pumpkins out for say a new internal rear with other gears and the whole thing out its something I would consider also. If the place I used had the ability to align the rear bearing area better...... heres a helpful article I still know has good advice........ The best or just about for a article that covers a lot......... http://www.hotrod.com/articles/hrdp-...parts-failure/ And like many on here run a catch can and a separate clutch reservoir through gen5diy...........

Last edited by christianchevell; 08-18-2017 at 09:34 AM.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:04 AM   #30
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
don't forget that at 5,000 ft elevation, you'll be losing maybe 15%-20% power. I imagine it still applies to forced induction but maybe not as much??
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:22 AM   #31
diablo0730

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddoggyusa View Post
don't forget that at 5,000 ft elevation, you'll be losing maybe 15%-20% power. I imagine it still applies to forced induction but maybe not as much??
Its not quite as much for Forced induction. Last car i had dynoed was a 91 Eagle talon and it made 475awhp at elevation and 492awhp at sea level.

Upcoming Mods:
GPI Ported heads
GPI Ported Rodmod intake
ZL1 Injectors
DSX E-85 Flex Fuel Kit
diablo0730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 05:54 PM   #32
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Just from your list LSA underdrive pulley and a Head gasket LS9. Your own heads you could port or go to some GMPP ported cnc heads I believe Dickey Scoggins is the best deal I heard of for the power output and price as they freshen up a stock CNC job . And are slightly more than say $1400 for a pair of heads with the hollow stem valves and trash-able springs installed..LOL And add in BMR toes, a Elite catch can for boost with the valves, and a LPW cover with poly bushings to keep the rear alive...also things I would do. I use a monster clutch the feel is great the Lt1s that uses the stock slave something you may have to buy for the other clutch the McLeod. And Monster makes the billet throw out bearing support needed for the slaves that can fail being plastic on our clutches.....I also installed a remote bleeder for kicks from Tick as I have a separate Holden GTO clutch reservoir from gen5diy. And don't forget a couple rounds of my BR30 driven racing oil for break in ..LOL then on to LS30.., a LS2 dogbone, a high volume pump, then etc etc
Old 09-12-2017, 06:14 PM   #33
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo0730 View Post
Might do that in the future lol but 750 is going to be to much for me right now not even gonna lie. Im coming from driving a 100hp Humvee to a built LSA conversion camaro haha. Maybe soon though Thanks for the info though didnt even think about a lower pulley or meth yet.
It's good to see you admit that. Most wouldn't.

Myself, I would not go over 600-650 unless I took some driving classes. I trust my driving skills, but things change with that much power. I can imagine my common sense would be one of them.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:29 PM   #34
hazy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Who are you using as a tuner in CO? I just moved to Denver from Houston, and have a noticeable drop in power (NA build) wanted to talk to a good tuner here and see if they can get me some of it back. I know I'll def be down just due to the altitude, but if there's anything left, I'd like to get it...I've tried my ass off to get in touch with both Clint @ AIR, and also RMCR, but neither of them seem able to pick up the phone or return a voicemail...
hazy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
376, 650rwhp, built, lsa, th400