Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 10-06-2018, 12:26 PM   #15
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsandhu View Post
Thanks for all the tips guys. I am going to try them tomorrow. I'm embarrassed this has been on the car for over almost 2 months. I hope its not too late.

I've removed overspray with detailing clay that has been on over 6 months. The bond doesn't get any stronger over time.

If you haven't clayed the car before, I can 99.99% guarantee it needs it, unless you took it to a detailer who did it for you. It would be a good idea to clay the whole car after washing, wipe it down with IPA or Carpro Eraser, and apply whatever protection product you like to use.

An easy way to determine if the surface needs claying is to do the baggie test after you wash it.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote