Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-04-2010, 12:40 PM   #29
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
For autocross or road race it will be track dependent. The rougher the track, the more we would play with the damping ratio. The money, the trophy will most always be found in the bound adjustment

For the drag strip weight transfer and hook up are where the money is. Disconnect a front endlink and secure it for the runs. Set the bound to full hard and the rebound to full soft up front. Reverse it in the rear. full soft for the bound and full hard for the rebound. The rear camber should be set to ZERO or even a bit positive so when the IRS squats hard the tire contact patch is square to the pavement for optimal traction.

The beauty of this setup is that you can drive to the track with a great riding great handling car, switch to your drag wheel and tire setup, change your damper settings, race almost like a pro, and drive home on your street tire setup with great ride and great handling. This is the setup for the Camaro owner that wants it ALL.
Sounds right up my alley
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:43 PM   #30
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
Sounds right up my alley
Buddy, this is what you need to do!

Get all your buddies together, offer some drinks and a nice barbecue, and have a Z28 Rain Dance. If you can find a witch doctor, vodoo queen, invite them as well! So as soon as you get your sweet ride, then you can make the trip to Livermore, and we can make your Z28 the true animal it can be! LOL

mike
dms

PS. I AM SERIOUS!! LOL
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:55 PM   #31
SupremacyCustoms

Drives: black 2010 2ss/rs camaro
This is the kit we will be running on our car once our shop is fully up i will be giving Pedders a call for the best pack they got!
SupremacyCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:19 AM   #32
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
Buddy, this is what you need to do!

Get all your buddies together, offer some drinks and a nice barbecue, and have a Z28 Rain Dance. If you can find a witch doctor, vodoo queen, invite them as well! So as soon as you get your sweet ride, then you can make the trip to Livermore, and we can make your Z28 the true animal it can be! LOL

mike
dms

PS. I AM SERIOUS!! LOL

radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:17 AM   #33
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
The first shipment of Pedders Supercar Coilovers delivered to Pedders Texas warehouse. They will be shipping to Dealers and Retail customers later today.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:16 PM   #34
JusticePete

With a lot of street and track miles on the new Supercar coilovers we have settled on the bound and rebound setting from full soft.

Supercar Coilover Settings

Front Bound 18
Front Rebound 16
Rear Bound 23
Rear Rebound 16

These work exceptionally well on our fully Pedderised Camaro with Forgeline 19 x 10.5 wheels and Bridgestone RE-11 305/30/19s all around. The ride is silky smooth on the street with the track settings. Drag strip testing is coming up.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:31 PM   #35
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
They are worth it! I love them!
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 04:14 PM   #36
JusticePete

Latest video from Gingerman.

New Course:

Old Course:

Our Camaro is running on production Supercar coilovers. They were so smooth on track with next to perfect control. The ZETA II chassis is so good Pedderised it should be illegal.

It is also the first time out for the Cadillac of Camaro Brakes (CTS-V brakes, Rotors and OE Pads) and a set of experimental sway bars. We did not run hard. The brake pads were not up to the task. The experimental sway bars earned a FAIL. We'll go back with Pedders Solution C Bars and track pads so we can let the Camaro really run.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:40 PM   #37
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
These are great videos!

Mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:27 PM   #38
JusticePete

There is nothing you can put on your Camaro that will offer the same control or ride quality. Every time I go down the street I am amazed at how well Supercar Camaro rides. This is not in reference to a lowered vehicle ride. It is in comparison to the OE ride. 52mm pistons with huge reservoirs are the best thing to ever happen to a Camaro. I only wish we had them for every other vehicle we support.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:13 PM   #39
YancyJohns

Drives: Camaro Performers Magazine
Pete,
Thanks again for letting me drive the Pedders Camaro with your new Supercar remote reservoir coilovers at Gingerman this weekend! While on the road course, the car stayed firmly planted in the corners while providing confidence in every lap. My only complaint was I didn't get enough seat time in this awesome car. The ride quality was very good! If any one is the market for a remote reservoir coilover, Pedders has the answer!!
YJ
Camaro Performers Magazine SS/RS- 416 stroker, MagnaCharger TVS2300, DSE Sway, Baer 6S Brakes, Forgeline Wheels, BFG Rival, JBA Long tube/Exhaust, Center-Force Clutch, BMR-sfc,ta,tr, Energy Suspension poly kit, ADM CAI & Fuel pump, Norris PCV/Tune, Lingenfelter GT-9 cam, DSS 9" rear ind rear, Innov. West pulleys/8 rib, Pedders Super cloil-overs, MGW shifter,/Seibon/ Anvil carbon Fiber. Owner-American Street Car Series and as seen on R U Faster than a Redneck?...lol

Last edited by YancyJohns; 06-23-2010 at 05:45 AM.
YancyJohns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:17 PM   #40
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by YancyJohns View Post
Pete,
Thanks again for letting me drive the Pedders Camaro with your new Supercar remote reservoir coilovers at Gingerman this weekend! While on the road course, the car stayed firmly planted in the corners while providing confidence in every lap. My only complaint was I didn't get enough seat time in awesome car. The ride quality was very good! If any one is the market for a remote reservoir coilover, Pedders has the answer!!
YJ
Next year, I will have the car ready for the Motor State ProTouring Challenge at Gingerman and we can go full speed. It was great to see you and Mr. Norris come back with a smiles the size of the Camaro grille!
Old 06-22-2010, 10:09 PM   #41
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Next year, I will have the car ready for the Motor State ProTouring Challenge at Gingerman and we can go full speed. It was great to see you and Mr. Norris come back with a smiles the size of the Camaro grille!
Give me dates I may have to make the trek up there. I would love to see her run!
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:16 PM   #42
fixxxer525
Account Suspended

Drives: 01S10,01CBR600,05Ducati, 10 2SS/RS
Send a message via ICQ to fixxxer525
I wish I had this system, but my Xa Coilovers does the job. I saw the supercar coilovers in person and held it. Amazing piece of technology. But if anyone wants a set, call Haddad Mototrsports. If only this was around 8 months ago to go with the Track II package. Pedders should include a free t-shirt.
fixxxer525 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, coil over, coilover, pedders, suspension