Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-03-2018, 09:02 PM   #29
gutterball

Drives: 2014 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
Jantzen that some nice times with your Turbos.
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 04:40 PM   #30
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by riozlander View Post
my idea was to buy a damaged set of cat pipes to cut up and learn to weld on so not to damage the ones on the car that are good.
measure and just get a few universal intercooler piping kits. some tubes used on laundry dryers the bendy ones and use that to work out where the bends are needed and make a scratch kit to copy over to the proper one.

super rudimentary and crude but id rather have a idea of what could fit before just cutting and welding and ending up with some nasty pie cuts everywhere.

just seeing people cut and weld crap together with pie cuts making there own crude T4 mount, to mount the turbo to and seeing it work on youtube. it really just comes down to why not im bored.

i went to collage. wasted a lot lot of time in metal shop, jewlery, lost wax casting, auto 101 basic, suspension and alignment, electronics 101 basic auto class, smog,
had at one point many promising apprentice ships all set up in body repair, and quite a few in just metal fab shops. then well 2008 hit no one wants to spend money on that stuff and they were gone before i could finish school.
dropped out going great what now. all i know is working with my hands and black smithing

so i have a understanding of metal and welding but nothing past torch welding. and pounding metal out to make things like armor and bowls to eat out of.

the basic still stands. if you can make a turbo kit and just run the thing not even connected to the intake of the car and prove boost is possible and make the R&D to develop a crude template to copy over to a finished more buttoned up one and stream line it. yes maybe a company would take the project and collaborate if all they got to do is copy the templet and produce.

as for tuning a car. puff hell if i know id have better luck becoming the prince of bacon and starting a war over who just farted then doing complex math in figuring out air ratios compression god my head hurts now.
id rather pay a dude who understand vs me go durr i think if i push this button here things go faster fire burns pretty

the big factor is money.......sooo maybe many many years down the road things will move on this idea. 1st texas. pay off car rent a shop space buy tools.

sorry, just thought that someone that went to COLLEGE would know how to spell COLLEGE...: haha

i went to collage. wasted a lot lot of time in metal shop, jewlery, lost wax casting, auto 101 basic, suspension and alignment, electronics 101 basic auto class, smog,
had at one point many promising apprentice ships all set up in body repair, and quite a few in just metal fab shops. then well 2008 hit no one wants to spend money on that stuff and they were gone before i could finish school.
dropped out going great what now. all i know is working with my hands and black smithing
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:14 AM   #31
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
I mean... A centrifugal supercharger is designed for high rpm power, it's not a positive displacement. This thread was dead when it started.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote