Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Camaro5 Store Merchandise

Old 12-27-2015, 05:33 AM   #113
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
That batch apparently turned out to be a pain in the @ss. I've ordered more. Let's see what happens when they get in.

Strange...because they are all made by the same guy and should be same old vinyl... I dunno...

EDIT: again, thought this was referring to white distressed decals. Not the silhouette decals. Read post 117 where I talk about white distressed.

Last edited by TAG UR IT; 02-04-2016 at 05:42 PM. Reason: update...
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 06:51 AM   #114
ghosted
BCS Auto

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
That batch apparently turned out to be a pain in the @ss. I've ordered more. Let's see what happens when they get in.

Strange...because they are all made by the same guy and should be same old vinyl... I dunno...
I'll be your first test dummy for a pair, just let me know when.

BCS Auto on Facebook - - - Follow me on Instagram @datv6tho & @officialbcsauto
ghosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 05:39 PM   #115
RKriner
Bob

Drives: 2015 SS/RS/2SS
Quote:
Sorry guys...

Again, we tried doing multiple colors to match cars on bowties. Eeeeeeveryone asked for multiple colors... We gave it a shot. And for our efforts, we still have a couple hundred multicolored stickers lying around the house we simply can NOT sell.
I would like one of those stickers Camaro5 in Black
RKriner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:24 PM   #116
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Quote:
These were from an order of about 50. Believe it or not, this was the last one to go out. The guy who ordered before you got two....one went on "perfectly fine" and the other ended up like yours...a pain in the @ss. I sent him two more and those were also both a pain. These are the first of the bunch to have gotten complaints. Let me get another order run and I'll let my sticker guy know. I'll make sure once they are made to get another one mailed out to you.

Doug
did any good ones ever come in? Safe to place another order? would like confirmation before spending more $$
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 07:11 PM   #117
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Let me email him again. I emailed him a while ago. While he does great work (not sure if he made the batch that apparently had issues), it seems like it's getting tougher and tougher to get a hold of him. .... :/

I have no white distressed in stock at the time. At least, I don't think I do.

EDIT: See above where I thought this was about white distressed. I've been trying to replace some stickers which aren't the ones needing replacing! ACK!!!

Last edited by TAG UR IT; 02-04-2016 at 05:47 PM. Reason: white distressed?
Old 02-02-2016, 09:18 PM   #118
Rocco70
THE YETI

Drives: 2SS RS
Not sure what's going on with theses stickers but who do I message to get two new ones. The ones I got wouldn't remove from the backing I had to pick and scratch to get it to come off and peices still wouldn't remove. I'm sure it's a defective but 2 doing the same thing weird. I peeled the whole backing off the first time and the sticker never came off had to put it back on and work it with my nails just to get this much to come off witch lead to the sticker edges to be mess up.
Attached Images

Rocco70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:26 PM   #119
ghosted
BCS Auto

Would someone just send me the template and I'll have some quality stickers made at my own expense? Seems like a lot of people want these but aren't buying in because this batch is just botched.

Old 02-02-2016, 09:35 PM   #120
Rocco70
THE YETI

Now I read all the quotes why was I sent a set if there were issues with them that's not right.
Old 02-02-2016, 10:00 PM   #121
ghosted
BCS Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco70 View Post
Now I read all the quotes why was I sent a set if there were issues with them that's not right.
I think that they thought the newest batch was alright, but apparently not. They're working on it though, and I'm sure they'll make it right!

Old 02-02-2016, 10:11 PM   #122
Rocco70
THE YETI

Yea I'm sure too no worries
Old 02-04-2016, 12:24 PM   #123
Rocco70
THE YETI

Well 2 phone calls sent private message and still no response to replace or refund. Can care less about the 10 dollars but I would have expected someone to respond to me by now. Has anyone else had there defective stickers replaced if so who did you contact.
Old 02-04-2016, 06:08 PM   #124
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Ok guys. Finally have a chance to sit down and check up on some things.

Just got off the phone with Rocco...and as of right now, I'm still on a conference phone call with the other mods about Fest this year. Call has been going on for 59 minutes now. Give me a couple, please. Thanks.
Old 02-04-2016, 06:31 PM   #125
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Ok...few minutes before off to cook dinner.

All, I got a chance to talk to Rocco on the phone. He called yesterday and my wife told me but I didn't get a chance to call him right back and then we had my nieces bday party. Figured I'd call him today. Was up at 0400 hours, off to work, then off work and home at 1500 hours...helped my boy with homework when I got home and then Rocco and I got to talk. I was actually getting back to trying to catch up on the thread when he got a hold of me (and checking my PM's).

First, I got my stickers screwed up. Rocco, I was wrong when I talked to you on the phone. I had someone complain about a white distressed sticker a while back. I replaced it. Then I saw a few more posts and thinking it was about the same thing, went into the thread (not checking the title) and replied to everyone while having the white distressed on the brain. So...guess what I reordered. WHITE FREAKING DISTRESSED. Super!!! I was wrong. People are having issues with this specific silhouette sticker. Nooooo problem. I'm on the same page now.

There.

I screwed up. My apologies.

So, for these red and white distressed stickers, we ordered one and only one batch that are a few years old now. Maybe time has made them harder to peel???? I don't know. They've been in the same spot in the house under the same humidity, etc for all these years except for when we bring them to the fest. Then they go right back to the same spot in the house. Regardless, we had (if I remember correctly, about 500 made). I probably have 75ish each direction still left over. That means we've sold a LOT and have had very little issues until now. Yes, I see a few people recently replied that they are hard to peel. We had one or two hard to peel ones a while ago but like I mentioned back then, an exacto or razor edge helped to get them started to peel. I'm going to go mess with them to see if anything can be done (i.e.: using heat, etc) to make them easier to peel.

Rocco...I'll send out a couple more but can't promise they will be ok. I know...I'm sorry. Like I was saying, let me fiddle with them and see what happens. You do the same. There should be no reason we can't figure this out and get them to peel. Years ago they were fine. They should still be fine as of now....should be.

Sorry for my confusion. Hope you understand and we'll make it right.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:31 PM   #126
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Ok.

Figured it out.

Let me see if I can get a video up. No heat. Heat sucks. Just need to rub the backing of the sticker with moderate pressure and a hard but smooth rounded type surface. That basically helps the sticker to release from the backing, stay to the front, and when you peel, it peels properly. I just did it three times in a row. Like I said, let me see if I can get video uploaded.