Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-11-2011, 09:02 AM   #15
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Whenever you guys need prebuyers please put me down for a set asap! Depending on how much you guys charge to install I might even send her down.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:05 AM   #16
Amarr014
BAD BEE

Drives: very fast!
bump
2011 V6 LS M6 | straight piped | HIDs | Injen CAI| 75 Shot NX nitrous|Trifecta Tune|RX ported TB,IM and matched heads, Isolator| RX Catch Can | AAC Red Halos | AAC Red interior lighting | Red bowties | 15% tint | Tinted Tails | SS wheels and tires | SS tips| Cat delete| Arc audio 10's| ******** box|Scosche&kenwood|
Amarr014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:31 AM   #17
s1k0

Drives: Corvette C6
I didn't get my question answered yet. But do camshafts ruin your cars engine? By ruining I mean cuts the engines life span.

Sold It..
s1k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:28 PM   #18
UltrasonicKing

Drives: 2011 1LT Camaro Cyber Grey
Yeah, let me know when these come out I would love some new cams, engine life is a good question, and does anyone know the average on the amount of power we can get on these?
UltrasonicKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:56 PM   #19
bmorecam
Account Suspended

There are currently 2 company that I know of will have cams eventually. Mace engineering in australia and tracy at RX. At this point it look like mace will be the first ones to come out with cams and as early as how urgently a person need a set. I also inquired about cams with tracy but due to tremendous amount of other project they are doing he does not think it will be soon, or sooner than MACE.

As far as how much power we can get from cams come down to what you are willing to sacrifice and what other mods you are going with to support the new grind. There are alot of ways to go about cams but it boil down to a few things. Sound, power, and drivability. Most peoples will just change out to a mild cam only and be happy with about 20-30hp and with the awesome lope of a cammed car. Then there are some peoples like me for an example that can care less about the lope but want to get the most power out of cams while staying n/a. In my situation doing the head and intake(which I already have done) along with cams is very important and will be the support for up to 50% of power within the total gain, and when I say doing the head I don't just mean gasket matching the inlet and the outlet. I mean working every part of that head to get every drop of power including the valve area, bowls, and etc.. etc..so it will take a very knowledgeable person to do this so it won't cost you an $800 dollar brand new heads. Then we have the cam spec which is another important part of choosing the right cam for your particular setup. If you don't know exactly what type of grind you are looking for than the best thing to do would be to have more experienced peoples like mace recommend one for you and your setup. I plan to go with a more mediocore setup that will give me a higher lift with alot of bang from middle to top. I also plan to do LF's 3.91 gear for the bottom that I will probably end up losing.

I can probably go all day about cams but at the end of the day it's very important that you know what cams are for and how they will change your car. If you want to learn there are alot of good articles on the net that will guide you on the basics of duration, lift, LSA, and etc.. and by the way, there will be no VVT delete for our V6 LLT. The tuning will be very very important and can ruin your whole day and everything you have purchased but I know vince is capable and it shouldn't be a problem
Old 12-22-2011, 10:30 PM   #20
Amarr014
BAD BEE

Drives: very fast!
any new info on these
2011 V6 LS M6 | straight piped | HIDs | Injen CAI| 75 Shot NX nitrous|Trifecta Tune|RX ported TB,IM and matched heads, Isolator| RX Catch Can | AAC Red Halos | AAC Red interior lighting | Red bowties | 15% tint | Tinted Tails | SS wheels and tires | SS tips| Cat delete| Arc audio 10's| ******** box|Scosche&kenwood|
Amarr014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:20 AM   #21
10RsCamaro
Slow v6

Drives: Automatic Automobile
Send a message via Skype™ to 10RsCamaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
There are currently 2 company that I know of will have cams eventually. Mace engineering in australia and tracy at RX. At this point it look like mace will be the first ones to come out with cams and as early as how urgently a person need a set. I also inquired about cams with tracy but due to tremendous amount of other project they are doing he does not think it will be soon, or sooner than MACE.
A powerband at 7k would be nice with a 500 lift . Make this car get 10 miles to the gallon
10RsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:23 AM   #22
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10RsCamaro View Post
A powerband at 7k would be nice with a 500 lift . Make this car get 10 miles to the gallon
10 miles to the gallon lol we better be putting out Bugatti power.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:23 AM   #23
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1k0 View Post
I didn't get my question answered yet. But do camshafts ruin your cars engine? By ruining I mean cuts the engines life span.
For the most part, no. Depending on how aggressive the cams are, they can put more wear or stress on certain parts but it just means you'll need to replace things a few thousand miles sooner than normal.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 02:39 AM   #24
kuzman89

Drives: Ly7
Hey guys, Mace should have them tested by the end of January and up for sale soon afterwards! Expecting about $1000 for four.

In regards to port matching and heads bmorecam, have you got a thread or similiar I could have a look at? Could use some advice!
kuzman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:01 AM   #25
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LS
Send a message via Skype™ to The Shadoww
What would a Camed V6 sound like? How different would it sound from a V8? I have always loved the noise a Camed V8 makes.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:08 AM   #26
UltrasonicKing

Drives: 2011 1LT Camaro Cyber Grey
put me on a list for pre buying as well, and about the sound, it would be nice if it gave us a more agressive sound closer to the v8s
UltrasonicKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:16 AM   #27
bmorecam
Account Suspended

One thing you guys have to keep in mind is that the more sound you go for your driveability will suffer. Although, what is the right combination is something that you will have to decide.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:26 PM   #28
puertoricanfont

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
Just imagine if our v6 sounded like this with a cam

puertoricanfont is offline   Reply With Quote