Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-07-2011, 07:44 PM   #15
devildoc

Drives: '12 Toyota Tacoma Dbl
:party0038:

It'sssss sooooo beautiful!
Old 11-07-2011, 07:50 PM   #16
Demon Hunter

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LT
Subscribed!
Old 11-07-2011, 08:22 PM   #17
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
Yhea, I think it's about time we have some excitement around here. Just wait until hp tuners and cams happen. Things are going to change Pretty fast and competition is going to get rough.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:34 PM   #18
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
Nice Work!!! Get your butt dyno in that car and tell us what you think!!!!!!
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:48 PM   #19
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
I plan to do the install sometime tomorrow. I was even planning on painting the manifold red to match my car's color scheme but I think I am going to put that off for another time.

Trying to think if I should get a tune update from vince before the dyno or after.

Anyway, so anyone know the factory torque spec for the manifold bolts and the top cover bolts?
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:06 PM   #20
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Tune update might be good. I wouldn't do it without tune, but you have more gauges than me so might not be critical. Can't wait for results
Old 11-07-2011, 11:27 PM   #21
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
maybe before to get optimum performance? And someone answered your question in your other thread
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:43 PM   #22
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
I plan to do the install sometime tomorrow. I was even planning on painting the manifold red to match my car's color scheme but I think I am going to put that off for another time.

Trying to think if I should get a tune update from vince before the dyno or after.

Anyway, so anyone know the factory torque spec for the manifold bolts and the top cover bolts?
Tight?

I'd get an updated tune before the dyno session. Getting your car tuned while on a dyno is different than tuning it on the road/track. Unless of course you want a dyno Queen.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:05 AM   #23
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Thanks tj. I got it. For anyone that change out their manifold in the future the bolt torque specs are 89in for the cover and 18lb for the actual manifold bolts. The bolt pattern sequence can be the usual criss cross and in and out.

I think I am going to wait and see if my AFR or the fuel trims change before asking vince to whip one up for me. I plan to hit the dyno more then once so let see how much extra a tune will get me. In other vehicles such as LS a tune is only good for about 5-6rwhp in my type of scenario.

Install pics and first impression to come this evening
Old 11-08-2011, 08:30 AM   #24
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:22 AM   #25
DAL123

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS/A6
I am just curious where the Mace Intake insulators are non conductive . How much chasis Ground will be lost relying on just the bolt which will have a sealant arount the threads. will static electricity form and creat any problem and should a ground jumper be added from the intake to a good chasis ground.
Trifecta Tune, Vararam CAI,Self ported Intake Manifold,3/8 Black Iceolator,Rx Catch Can, W/Breather, V8 Rear Diff. 3:45s W/Posi Mod, Mrt V2.0 Axel Back, Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe, Street Scene Front Splitter.,V-Max Trottle Body., Eiback Sway Bars., Phadt End Links.,
DAL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:33 AM   #26
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAL123 View Post
I am just curious where the Mace Intake insulators are non conductive . How much chasis Ground will be lost relying on just the bolt which will have a sealant arount the threads. will static electricity form and creat any problem and should a ground jumper be added from the intake to a good chasis ground.
Sorry but I am a little lost as to what you are trying to say. Can you elaborate a little more for my dumb A. Lol.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:45 AM   #27
DAL123

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS/A6
Basically all your engine parts are bonded to chasis ground via neg of the batery most of the gaskets for heads, manifold, headers,TB, are metallic and help continuation of that good grounding potential. The intake insulator is non metallic and non conctive of electricity so being an electrician I always relly on a good ground. I was just wonderind if an aditional grond wire from the manifold to another bolt on the chasis such as a header bolt or even to a chsis bold would be usefull i am not sure how much or any static electricity occures through the system if any without a good groung. Just my curiosity
Trifecta Tune, Vararam CAI,Self ported Intake Manifold,3/8 Black Iceolator,Rx Catch Can, W/Breather, V8 Rear Diff. 3:45s W/Posi Mod, Mrt V2.0 Axel Back, Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe, Street Scene Front Splitter.,V-Max Trottle Body., Eiback Sway Bars., Phadt End Links.,
DAL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:00 AM   #28
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Oh ok, I see where you are coming from with this. The original gasket is just plain rubber and not metal material like the header gaskets. Also, mace send you one of those rtv gasket maker but after talking to mace the original recommendation was to use the original gasket but it will require two, one on each side. In my case I have two so I plan to use the original gasket.

So in this case I don't think grounding would be an issue since it use rubber gasket anyway.