Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-14-2018, 10:56 AM   #1
Cmax

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS FIFTY convertible
Android car play starts before starting

I think I freaking like it! I had never bothered to set up my Android car play, as The exhaust notes have been entertaining me. After I couldn’t find the slot for CDs I finally ordered a burnt orange cable to match my stitching.
I had my Fifty out this morning on a Target run, and while settling back into the SS I plugged the cable into my phone, and without doing anything else, immediately I hear the blasting sound of ‘another one bites the dust....’. Lol...AC/DC was cranking! freaking awesome....

oh, I know there are some youngins on here, so I should explain myself....AC/DC is a Rock band, not what you were told to avoid when your parents told you not to stick car keys into those little slots in the wall.

The crazy thing is that I didn’t turn anything on. I just plugged the phone in.
I think I like it starting before the car...at least this time, because it was an awesome song....but most of the time I like to hear the 455 horses take a drink of the 93 octane.
I have pandora set to 70’s and 80’s Rock, because that was when I owned all my gen1 Camaros.
Oh, and I apologize to all the youngin’s in my town that couldn’t concentrate on their texts because of the thumping music coming from the Bose....hahaha...the speaker in the door was bouncing off my calf.... lol.

No that ain’t no pony on my grill!
Cmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 11:07 AM   #2
dohvb1

Drives: 2018 Hot Wheels Camaro 2SS
Thought Another One Bites the Dust was Queen. Did AC/DC do a cover?
dohvb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 12:32 PM   #3
S2K+1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 17 SS 1LE | 07 S2K
It was Queen.

We must have just witnessed either a Senior Moment or a full on stroke.
S2K+1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 12:38 PM   #4
Spanky1

Drives: 2017 2SS Summit White Camaro M6
Spanky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 12:46 PM   #5
Cmax

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS FIFTY convertible
Lol....senior moment....hahaha
Cmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 02:29 PM   #6
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmax View Post
I think I freaking like it! I had never bothered to set up my Android car play, as The exhaust notes have been entertaining me. After I couldn’t find the slot for CDs I finally ordered a burnt orange cable to match my stitching.
I had my Fifty out this morning on a Target run, and while settling back into the SS I plugged the cable into my phone, and without doing anything else, immediately I hear the blasting sound of ‘another one bites the dust....’. Lol...AC/DC was cranking! freaking awesome....

oh, I know there are some youngins on here, so I should explain myself....AC/DC is a Rock band, not what you were told to avoid when your parents told you not to stick car keys into those little slots in the wall.

The crazy thing is that I didn’t turn anything on. I just plugged the phone in.
I think I like it starting before the car...at least this time, because it was an awesome song....but most of the time I like to hear the 455 horses take a drink of the 93 octane.
I have pandora set to 70’s and 80’s Rock, because that was when I owned all my gen1 Camaros.
Oh, and I apologize to all the youngin’s in my town that couldn’t concentrate on their texts because of the thumping music coming from the Bose....hahaha...the speaker in the door was bouncing off my calf.... lol.

No that ain’t no pony on my grill!
CMax,

By default, Android Auto (it's not called Car Play--that's the Apple iOS version you would use if you have an iPhone) should not start playing your music automatically, unless you have selected the option in the developer menu settings to make it do that. It's possible your Bluetooth connected to your phone at about the same time as you were plugging in to the USB cable.

I know my Pandora app on my phone is set so that it starts playing music automatically over Bluetooth if that was the last app I used. I have iHeartRadio set the other way (no automatic play), because I like to select the station first.

You'll know if Android Auto is ready to use when the MyLink projection icon changes to the Android Auto icon. Then, when you press it you should get the Android auto interface instead of the normal infotainment screens.

Hope this helps...

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote