Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-30-2009, 02:15 AM   #1
BumbleDs

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS TF Edition
Personal Settings

I didnt find anything directly like this- I dont know if my Camaro was built too soon, I forgot to check a box, or if its not applicable to my Camaro. 2SS/RS 6M with TF edition. In the manual it gives you some personalzation options,such as Driver A and B-I lack that. Park assist-I lack that. Air quality-I lack that. Whats the dealy-oh here??

Love it or hate it, my car can transform and kick your cars @$$!
BumbleDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:27 AM   #2
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
I think the Park Assist feature you are referenced has just recently been added to Camaros, which is also known as 'reverse sensors'. I have no idea what you mean by driver 'a and b' or 'air quality'.

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:31 AM   #3
BumbleDs

In the manual it says that each actives the personal settings for each key, like driver A and B. I cannot get into the settings for that. I guess the car is too new the manual.

Old 09-30-2009, 06:45 AM   #4
Lord Grey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleDs View Post
In the manual it says that each actives the personal settings for each key, like driver A and B. I cannot get into the settings for that. I guess the car is too new the manual.
I couldn't find it in the manual after a brief search, but I think that the only personalized settings there are right now relate to the "favorites" (radio stations). IIRC, you can either share the favorites among all drivers or have them driver-specific.
Lord Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:26 AM   #5
DTM
DTMphotography

Drives: 10' Camaro SS
I'd love to know if my car has memory seating! Everytime I bring it to the car wash I freak out afterwards!
Old 09-30-2009, 11:31 AM   #6
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTM View Post
I'd love to know if my car has memory seating! Everytime I bring it to the car wash I freak out afterwards!
This has been discussed many times. The answer is No at the moment. GM is supposed to be working on it but I bet you won't see it until the 2011 model.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:37 AM   #7
glambert1
HOMER

Drives: 2010 camaro 2LT RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTM View Post
car wash is a no no for this car wash it yourself or at least dont go to the brush kind I'm afraid for your rims on that torture track wheel puller thing yikes
Old 09-30-2009, 12:12 PM   #8
tjd24
Thank you Oshawa/St.Cats!

Drives: was 2010 2LT RS 2G1FC1EV4A9103434
Quote:
Originally Posted by glambert1 View Post
car wash is a no no for this car wash it yourself or at least dont go to the brush kind I'm afraid for your rims on that torture track wheel puller thing yikes
+1 - let alone being trapped in a car wash as your "final destination"...
Attached Images

#3434 Born 4-15-2009, Delivered 5-22-2009 BBOMG 2/3/4 - Traded-in 8/31/2019:
tjd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:12 PM   #9
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Driver 1/2 works with the different key fobs and has been on many GM cars. It works like this...

Say the car is shared with your wife/husband. You carry key fob 1, they carry key fob two.

Key 1... driver drives the car listens to country music and likes the DIC to show the speed. Say you set the radio to country station and the DIC to show the digital speedometer. When you get home you shut the car off and get out.

Key 2 driver gets in the car and wants to listen to rock and show the fuel economy on the DIC so they change the station and the DIC. They stop and park the car and get out.

Key 1 driver gets back in and low and behold, its back on country music and teh speedometer on the DIC as when driver 1 got out.

The car remembers whatever you had on when you used your key. There is no "setting" for it. It just remembers.

Now if it had memory seats and digital HVAC, it would remember alot more, but it doesnt. It remembers radio setting, the DIC persona settings... etc. This is nothing new for GM cars. Its pretty cool feature.

The back up sensors and GM chicklet delete started around the 40000 VIN number. I am 32673 and don't have backup sensors (thank god) or chicklets as I took them off because they are STUPID!

The "air quality" is just a filter that filters cabin air. Probably behind the glove box or something. Very common in new cars. I am sure we all have it.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:55 PM   #10
BumbleDs

My STS was the same way but it had a programing setting in the touchscreen, I wasnt sure if it was the same for the Camaro or not.

Old 09-30-2009, 02:06 PM   #11
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleDs View Post
My STS was the same way but it had a programing setting in the touchscreen, I wasnt sure if it was the same for the Camaro or not.
much more basic on the Camaro then on the high end cars. The Camaro only remembers the programable setting in the DIC and the radio presets and whatnot. I remember our 2002 Bravada remembered EVERYTHING. Heat settings, seat possition, radio settings, personal settings... anything you could set, it would remember. It was nice.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:03 PM   #12
DTM
DTMphotography

Drives: 10' Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by glambert1 View Post
I never said I put it through a machine.....
Old 10-01-2009, 08:38 PM   #13
diecast17
Manual, Polished Wheels

Drives: 2LT/RS Transformers Edition
Send a message via AIM to diecast17
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
Driver 1/2 works with the different key fobs and has been on many GM cars. It works like this...

Say the car is shared with your wife/husband. You carry key fob 1, they carry key fob two.

Key 1... driver drives the car listens to country music and likes the DIC to show the speed. Say you set the radio to country station and the DIC to show the digital speedometer. When you get home you shut the car off and get out.

Key 2 driver gets in the car and wants to listen to rock and show the fuel economy on the DIC so they change the station and the DIC. They stop and park the car and get out.

Key 1 driver gets back in and low and behold, its back on country music and teh speedometer on the DIC as when driver 1 got out.

The car remembers whatever you had on when you used your key. There is no "setting" for it. It just remembers.

Now if it had memory seats and digital HVAC, it would remember alot more, but it doesnt. It remembers radio setting, the DIC persona settings... etc. This is nothing new for GM cars. Its pretty cool feature.

The back up sensors and GM chicklet delete started around the 40000 VIN number. I am 32673 and don't have backup sensors (thank god) or chicklets as I took them off because they are STUPID!

The "air quality" is just a filter that filters cabin air. Probably behind the glove box or something. Very common in new cars. I am sure we all have it.
what are chicklets?
diecast17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:50 PM   #14
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by diecast17 View Post
what are chicklets?
The little silver rectangular bits w/ GM on them near the front tires if you have them (I do.)
CamaroFemme is offline   Reply With Quote