Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-17-2014, 12:29 PM   #15
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSS24 View Post
When I had my 4th gen SS, I upgraded the heck of it, but I kept it stock looking. Couldn't tell I did anything, except for the loud exhaust. Even though I used it mainly for patrol duties, I used to race it on the weekends at the drag strip. But now we don't have a track anymore, so to have fun, we go to certain areas that are closed on weekends, mostly industrial parks. You could say I'm the road racer type, as I get a rush chasing stolen vehicles. Now I drive a R/T Charger (upgraded of course), but not nearly as fun as my SS was.

Long story short, I don't want to put too much into a car, but I love horsepower. Since the 1LE is track capable, I hope I can gain some horsepower, without touching the suspension and/or brakes. This would be my fun weekend car. But then again, as the old saying goes "modding is like a drug, once you start you can never stop."

BTW...love your avatar and car. White is my favorite color.
Thanks!

Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:33 PM   #16
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy10mm View Post
Thanks!

Nice

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:00 PM   #17
serpent

Drives: 2006 GTO
Pads and fluid is the first thing I would do if the brakes arent sufficient enough for your track needs.

I actually had a chance to see a '09 Carrera S w/ suspension and 265F/305R Trofeo tires (same as Z28). Holy hell, when it was on the track it was just passing everything... and doing it gracefully! I clocked him doing the first lap at 1:57, he said he was doing 1:55 after. This was in Sonoma, full course.
serpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:40 PM   #18
z3R0fo01

Drives: 2014 1SS RS 1LE tvs2300
Usually not into white, but that is one hell of a good looking automobile!
z3R0fo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:20 PM   #19
GR8WHITE1

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRich2587 View Post
I'm at 462 to the wheels cammed and on track no issues in fact i dont even want to touch my suspension (besides bushings). I'm fairly quick at the track and I use the shit our of my brakes i just upgraded to track pads and ss lines with motul fluid
What cam are you running with what components? Got any dyno's? I'm looking at cams right now that are good on the street and the track.
GR8WHITE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:20 AM   #20
KRich2587

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1LE
My cam is a custom grind by CMS with BTR springs new oil pump etc i have a printout of the graph but it was 462/420 i also have LG LT's no cats with the NP exhaust and CAI intake with scoop if you contact Ryne he could give you more info... I still have stock rotors holding up just fine to the DTC 30 pads and if your doing ss lines you have to bleed the brakes so might as well replace it at that time
KRich2587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 12:08 AM   #21
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Martin View Post
OMG, you have the 92Y load rating tires intended for the Mustang (as far as I know.) The 1LE/ZL1 is supposed to have 100Y. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Tara
Good eye!

92Y is considered a risk given the weight of the 1LE. But they seem to be holding up here.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 02:23 PM   #22
tw78911sc

Drives: 14 1SS Camaro 1LE, NPP, Recaros
You are right, bought it used for track days, missed it during the buy, to be honest, car had better turn in with them

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Good eye!

92Y is considered a risk given the weight of the 1LE. But they seem to be holding up here.
tw78911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 02:46 PM   #23
DanSS24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Good eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw78911sc View Post
You are right, bought it used for track days, missed it during the buy, to be honest, car had better turn in with them
I was trying to educate myself about tire tech on Tire Rack. Don't wanna sound dumb...so please bear with me.
So the 92 is the load index with a 1389 lb. capacity? I'm guessing per corner for a total weight of 5556 lbs. capacity that it can handle?
And the Y is the speed rating which is 186+?
Am I right, close or totally way off?

Old 06-21-2014, 02:58 PM   #24
X25

Drives: '16 C7 Z51
Quote:
I was trying to educate myself about tire tech on Tire Rack. Don't wanna sound dumb...so please bear with me.
So the 92 is the load index with a 1389 lb. capacity? I'm guessing per corner for a total weight of 5556 lbs. capacity that it can handle?
Posted capacities drop at higher speed, etc., so if the car manufacturer chose to go with a higher load rating, I'd stick to that and try not to go below, even if the math suggests it should be 'OK' : )
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 04:45 PM   #25
DanSS24

Quote:
Originally Posted by X25 View Post
Posted capacities drop at higher speed, etc., so if the car manufacturer chose to go with a higher load rating, I'd stick to that and try not to go below, even if the math suggests it should be 'OK' : )
Now I understand. Is it the same as when cornering, like road courses or banking curves? If that's the case, then 92 is kinda low. Probably will need 100 or more, right?

Old 06-22-2014, 07:54 AM   #26
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
In a little more detail, rated load capacity applies only at a specific inflation pressure. At pressures less than the pressure for max rated load, the rated load is lower. But pressures higher than the pressure for max rated load may not increase the rated load, and pressures higher than the max pressure for the tire may not be tabulated.

Rated load vs inflation varies differently depending on whether the tires are SL (Standard Load), XL/Reinforced (eXtra Load), or LL like what you have (Light Load).

You'll have to look at those tires' sidewalls to determine for sure what their maximum rated load is, and at what pressure if this information is given directly. The load and inflation ratings probably aren't the the same as for a LI 92 tire in either SL or XL. I have the SL and XL tables, but unfortunately not the LL table (yet).

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote