Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-16-2011, 12:09 PM   #1
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Lightbulb

Updated 3/17/2013

When posting your results to this thread, please include the following information:

Type and make of dyno: (ex. dynojet model 248x, mustang, etc.)

ODO at the time of the dyno:
Temperature:
Manual/auto:
Gear used(3rd or 4th):
Modification:
Correction used(STD or SAE):
Result:

Results Below.....

Direct link to view this sheet online

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...Hc&output=html

Couple quick notes: It seems as though the powertrain loss for the manual is around 16% to possibly 17% while for the automatics, it is more in the 20% - 22% range. We have also noticed over time and through some testing that the V6s (more-so with headers it seems) tend to pick up false knock while on the dyno, thus pulling a few degrees more of timing versus what they are pulling under WOT on the street. If this is true, many of the results could possibly be making a bit more power than shown.

2010-2011 LLT STOCK DYNO
Name:  STOCKDYNO.png
Views: 9807
Size:  129.4 KB

2010-2011 LLT MODDED DYNO (sorted with HP numbers low to high)
Sheet1:
Name:  V6_Dyno1.jpg
Views: 6553
Size:  298.1 KB
Sheet2:
Name:  V6_Dyno2.jpg
Views: 6619
Size:  277.2 KB
Sheet3:
Name:  V6_Dyno3.jpg
Views: 6465
Size:  361.2 KB

2012 LFX MODDED/STOCK DYNO
View: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233394

N2o/TURBO/SC LLT
View: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115679

EDIT: Nov 16th
If you guys see your dyno number on the list and do not see a link next to your name then this mean that I do not have your actual dyno sheet or I can't find it. If you want to further verify your run then please pm me with the location of your dyno sheet.

When you post your dyno numbers try to post as much information as you can. The more information everyone see for your particular dyno run the better we can understand the result The standard information that should accompany with your dyno are as follows:

(Notes below originally written by member "bmorecam")

When we dyno our car there are 2 major component that most dyno use to calculate accurate result. They are the correction factor and temperature(weather station). There are over half of dozen corrections that can be used but here in USA we only use 2, the STD and SAE. Since there seem to be so much confusion surrounding this 2 calculations I will try to make this as simple as I can for you guys that want to know more about these very important factors that is part of every single dyno.

First, lets understand why these corrections was created in the first place. The correction standards were developed to discount the observed horsepower readings taken at different locations and weather conditions. It is obvious that an engine builder in Colorado could not produce as much horsepower as a shop at sea level. There is just less oxygen for the engine to burn at the higher altitude. What are less obvious are the other weather condition effects on the engine. So in order to compensate for this all advertised horsepower is "corrected" to several different industry standards.

SAE:
"SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers), USA. Power is corrected to reference conditions of 29.23 InHg of dry air and 77 F. This SAE standard requires a correction for friction torque.

STD:
STD is Another power correction standard determined by the SAE(society of automotive engineers). Power is corrected to reference conditions of 29.92 InHg of dry air and 60 F. Friction torque is handled in the same way as in the SAE standard."

To sum everything up, both correction factors basically mimic a preset condition which was created by the society of automotive engineers. So... although the SAE correction factor is recognized today as the "standard" correction in the automotive industry, this does not mean reading a dyno number with STD cf is wrong. No matter which correction factor your dyno shop use, you should get an accurate comparison as long as you compare SAE vs SAE and STD vs STD. Never compare a dyno run with two different type of correction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by partymn View Post
I see some pretty good numbers from the V6 crowd, keep em coming.

Last edited by KMPrenger; 03-17-2013 at 09:51 PM.
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:15 PM   #2
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Manual or Auto: manual

Mileage at the time of dyno: 5600

Type of dyno: dynojet 248x

Date/Time/Temp: 95*, 38% humidity

3rd/4th gear pull: 4th and 3rd

Modification at the time of dyno: updated trifecta tune, obx long tube with no cats, full exhaust

Dyno result: 264hp 240tq on 4th gear, and 270hp 236tq on 3rd gear

Mileage at the time of dyno: 6200

Type of dyno: dynojet 248x

Date/Time/Temp: 87*, 31% humidity

3rd/4th gear pull: 4th

Modification at the time of dyno: E85 trifecta tune, obx long tube with no cats, full exhaust

Dyno result: 284HP 244TQ on 4th gear

Last edited by bmorecam; 06-16-2011 at 12:36 PM.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:30 PM   #3
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT RS M6
Manual or Auto: manual

Mileage at the time of dyno: ~7000
Type of dyno: dynojet

Date/Time/Temp: 87.7*, 26% humidity

3rd/4th gear pull: 4th

Modification at the time of dyno: Injen Powerflo CAI

Dyno result: 257hp 237tq

Hope to get an update soon now that the Trifecta tune, Vararam & MRT v2 are all installed.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:00 PM   #4
KMPrenger

Nice...but there is an existing V6 dyno thread here.

It just always gets lost because it was never stickied...

EDIT:

Looks like its been tried 3 times already:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44635

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57377

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97831
Old 06-16-2011, 01:19 PM   #5
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Lets start over and sticky it this time so it wont get lost Dyno numbers can be very informative. We are the only ones that dont have it up top "sticky"

come on mods..
Old 06-16-2011, 01:26 PM   #6
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
this needs to be sticky'd asap, ill bump the $*** out of this thread until it does lol
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:27 PM   #7
BlkThndr66
I'm not car-ist

Drives: '10 RY 2LT Camaro '96 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
this needs to be sticky'd asap, ill bump the $*** out of this thread until it does lol

Team LLT-M6
BlkThndr66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:31 PM   #8
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkThndr66 View Post

were going to need some serious clean up in this thread by the time it ever gets stickied
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:40 PM   #9
bmorecam
Account Suspended

as long as it get stickied I will clean the house up really good Maybe we can set it up the same way how the v6 1/4 mile thread is setup. Everybody post, and I or whoever can take the job to edit everything and post in the 1st top post. Im not too crazy to be the one to take care of the dyno thread but I will do it if I have to.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:35 PM   #10
KMPrenger

Just need to combine this thread with one or two of the others...sticky it, and good to go...

Cept I do like the idea of the original post being able to be updated so that we can easily see numbers at a glance. Looking down through post after post takes time that most people just won't do. They will look at the first few and just assume those are the numbers...when in reality we are now getting bigger numbers than ever (thanks to the Vararam, new tune, and E85 tune)
Old 06-17-2011, 08:05 AM   #11
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Just need to combine this thread with one or two of the others...sticky it, and good to go...

Cept I do like the idea of the original post being able to be updated so that we can easily see numbers at a glance. Looking down through post after post takes time that most people just won't do. They will look at the first few and just assume those are the numbers...when in reality we are now getting bigger numbers than ever (thanks to the Vararam, new tune, and E85 tune)
Already thought of that and already started I will continue working on putting everyone's dyno together today.

If you never posted your dyno numbers in the older "post your dyno" threads than please do.. so I can make sure that I have your dyno numbers.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:26 AM   #12
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
I sent a PM to 2 of the mods requesting a sticky for this thread.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:36 AM   #13
bmorecam
Account Suspended

thank you blade hopefully we wont lose this thread this time. I cant belive this was not in the sticky by others before.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:48 AM   #14
KMPrenger

bmorecam!!

Oh, and you might want to change the "E95" tune to "E85" lol.