Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #1471
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Well I can't say much in the miles department as I might have one of the lowest miles on a 10 V6. Had mine since September 2009 and I just rolled over 5300 on Saturday. I should be somewhere near 5320 now parked in the garage.
Hahaha, I think I had that many miles on the car after a week!! Mine's my only car, so I have no choice but to drive it!
Old 04-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #1472
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarCamaro View Post
Hahaha, I think I had that many miles on the car after a week!! Mine's my only car, so I have no choice but to drive it!
Yea on the other hand my daily driver a 12 Cruze Eco has just about 17,300 miles. It's about a year and a few months old and most of those miles are all city. I drive about 300 miles a week just to get to college.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:45 PM   #1473
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Mine's my only car too so it gets driven... a lot! But boy do I love every mile!

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #1474
LoneStar

Quote:
Yea on the other hand my daily driver a 12 Cruze Eco has just about 17,300 miles. It's about a year and a few months old and most of those miles are all city. I drive about 300 miles a week just to get to college.
That's gotta net you some better MPG's. And I'm sure much less stress about having to park in your school's parking lot. My school is only 2 miles away (I'm rarely at that building), but most hospitals and dr's offices I have to go work at are further out in the community. So my mileage is different every month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Mine's my only car too so it gets driven... a lot! But boy do I love every mile!
I thought I loved it before, but I love it more and more with each new mod!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #1475
MDV6er

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Went out for a cruise tonight with a few buddies.. gsxr, dart, cobalt ss, turbo diesel ford.. it was a blast. So pumped for summer now.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:05 PM   #1476
lscamaro

Sounds like fun! I can't wait for summer either! Time to finally work on the car!

Old 04-10-2013, 10:07 PM   #1477
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
That's gotta net you some better MPG's. And I'm sure much less stress about having to park in your school's parking lot. My school is only 2 miles away (I'm rarely at that building), but most hospitals and dr's offices I have to go work at are further out in the community. So my mileage is different every month.
Yup I spend around 20-25 dollars a week to drive between 250-300 miles. The cruze doesn't stop amazing me. And don't even tell me about the nightmares of parking. The second day I was at college my car got loved tapped when I was in class. Luckily it was jut paint transfer and I was able to get it out.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:11 PM   #1478
LoneStar

Quote:
Yup I spend around 20-25 dollars a week to drive between 250-300 miles. The cruze doesn't stop amazing me. And don't even tell me about the nightmares of parking. The second day I was at college my car got loved tapped when I was in class. Luckily it was jut paint transfer and I was able to get it out.
I spend $50-60 a week, minimum! I have a door ding on my driver's side and paint missing off the edge of my mirror. I try to park as far as I can, but it doesn't matter when the parking lots are completely packed.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:42 PM   #1479
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
I spend $50-60 a week, minimum! I have a door ding on my driver's side and paint missing off the edge of my mirror. I try to park as far as I can, but it doesn't matter when the parking lots are completely packed.
Yea I can't really choose a spot at my school. I just have to take the one I can find because they are rare. I have taken my Camaro to school once and I showed up about 40 minuets early to get the corner spot in the garage and my dad stayed in the car the whole time guarding it (that wasn't the real reason lol. We were going to a Camaro meet in Orlando so he decided to just stay and read a book in the car while I was in class )
Old 04-10-2013, 10:46 PM   #1480
lscamaro

Quote:
Someone took some paint off my rear fender :(
Made me so sad lol but eh whatever, live moves on. It's not that big so you can't notice it and since it's a daily driver, I didn't expect it to stay in 100% perfect shape forever. I'm thinking about getting all the little things fixed by a buddy soon though

Old 04-10-2013, 10:58 PM   #1481
SixCyl

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
Yeah college has not been nice to my car. My new school is much better, the spots are bigger. My only complaint is the parking sticker is very cheap vinyl and is going to require goo gone to get off my back window. But at USF I had a scrape after my only 50 minute class of the day! And another time someone had put broken glass on my car. I parked on the roof of the garage on an August afternoon in a corner. I spent like half hour grabbing individual glass shards, needless to say I was livid.
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:04 PM   #1482
LoneStar

Quote:
Yea I can't really choose a spot at my school. I just have to take the one I can find because they are rare. I have taken my Camaro to school once and I showed up about 40 minuets early to get the corner spot in the garage and my dad stayed in the car the whole time guarding it (that wasn't the real reason lol. We were going to a Camaro meet in Orlando so he decided to just stay and read a book in the car while I was in class )
Most of the time, I don't have much of a choice where I park. Unless it's a smaller clinic or hospital with a bigger employee lot.

Lol, ya'll should go to Camaro meets daily!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Someone took some paint off my rear fender :(
Made me so sad lol but eh whatever, live moves on. It's not that big so you can't notice it and since it's a daily driver, I didn't expect it to stay in 100% perfect shape forever. I'm thinking about getting all the little things fixed by a buddy soon though
I don't expect mine to stay in perfect shape, but it still hurts to see damage to your car, no matter how small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixCyl View Post
Yeah college has not been nice to my car. My new school is much better, the spots are bigger. My only complaint is the parking sticker is very cheap vinyl and is going to require goo gone to get off my back window. But at USF I had a scrape after my only 50 minute class of the day! And another time someone had put broken glass on my car. I parked on the roof of the garage on an August afternoon in a corner. I spent like half hour grabbing individual glass shards, needless to say I was livid.
I would have just
Old 04-10-2013, 11:32 PM   #1483
lscamaro

Quote:
Most of the time, I don't have much of a choice where I park. Unless it's a smaller clinic or hospital with a bigger employee lot.

Lol, ya'll should go to Camaro meets daily!

I don't expect mine to stay in perfect shape, but it still hurts to see damage to your car, no matter how small.

I would have just
I was so mad the day I saw they had scraped it

Old 04-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #1484
SixCyl

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
Quote:

I would have just
I agree, but I still try to minimize any damage.

Oh and I was. Even thinking about it now I start getting mad, freaking 90 degrees out, no wind, no shade picking every last bit of glass..... I was about ready to kill someone. At the end of the day though, we still got our camaros and someone else is just mad.
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote