Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 01-02-2017, 05:14 PM   #141
forzasteve

Drives: Love any sports cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by atn View Post
I am not mechanically inclined so bought the Forza unit. Works great. As soon as I get my car back (hopefully this week, been in shop since OCT) I am hoping I can link the Forza remote to the #2&3 buttons on the garage door buttons . If it works seems a lot easier than running wires and installing a switch.
You should be able to link the Forza remote to your Homelink if your car is 2014 or later.

Steve
forzasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 05:46 PM   #142
atn

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Silver Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by forzasteve View Post
You should be able to link the Forza remote to your Homelink if your car is 2014 or later.

Steve
Thank you for the reply. Regretfully it's a 2012
atn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 02:17 AM   #143
Jc_SourPatch

Drives: 2014 2LT Camaro RS
Anyway someone could make a video on how to do this
Jc_SourPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 07:03 AM   #144
forzasteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jc_SourPatch View Post
Anyway someone could make a video on how to do this
I refer you to your owner's manual. Complete instructions on programming the HomeLink system can be found there.

Here is a video produced by HomeLink ... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0BseDur3LG0

Steve
Old 04-17-2017, 10:54 AM   #145
SSteven

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
I used Inferno1LE's method to cut into the blue/yellow wire. I ran the wires up to a 3 position (on/off/on) rocker switch I picked up from Fry's and mounted it cleanly. Works perfectly in all 3 modes and only cost me under $10 in parts since I already had wire laying around. I just installed LT headers and catless mid-pipes, so the stealth mode is perfect for early mornings until I get out of the neighborhood.

Thank you Inferno1LE and all who contributed to this thread.

Previous Camaro (sold 11/2015): 2012 2SS - Auto/RS/Black/Sunroof/MyLink Nav/SP 1 7/8" LT Headers w/HF Cats/Hybrid SW Retro Catback w/Borla Pro XS Mufflers/ADM Dyno Tune/C.A.I. CAI/Vmax Spiral Ported Throttle Body/APEX Catch Can/275x4 Squared Wheel Setup/Custom Fit Full Size Spare/Ceramic Tint
Replaced with 2013 Black Dodge Charger SRT8
SSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:54 AM   #146
miller8907

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSteven View Post
I used Inferno1LE's method to cut into the blue/yellow wire. I ran the wires up to a 3 position (on/off/on) rocker switch I picked up from Fry's and mounted it cleanly. Works perfectly in all 3 modes and only cost me under $10 in parts since I already had wire laying around. I just installed LT headers and catless mid-pipes, so the stealth mode is perfect for early mornings until I get out of the neighborhood.

Thank you Inferno1LE and all who contributed to this thread.
Ive been running a switch from Inferno1LE for 3 years now. Works great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 04-17-2017, 01:40 PM   #147
Scotty D

Drives: 2014 1le 1SS CRMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno1LE View Post
Hey, I don't mean to put you down, you did a great job figuring that out and it will work perfectly that way, but there is a much simpler way to accomplish this.

You can cut the blue/yellow wire going to the rear fuse block, and wire in an on/off/on rocker switch. Here is a crude diagram of how I wired my NPP.

When you're done, the 3 positions will be flaps Closed/Open/Normal.
What switch did u use??? Single pole , single thro?? Just
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 02:33 PM   #148
SSteven

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
I attached a picture of the one I got. It's the Philmore 30-650 and I bought it from my local Fry's electronics for $6.19. When you Google that Philmore part number you will notice the picture is different. I can't explain why, but you can see the model number in my attached picture. You can see this is a double pole and has 6 connectors. I only used 3 of the connectors and left the other side unused.

Inferno1LE used single pole which is all you really need providing its a 3 position (on/off/on). I found ones like he got (see below), but there are some reviews on amazon about the quality. Considering mine is tagged as a heavy duty rocker, I am hoping it will last longer.

https://www.amazon.com/Automotive-Ro.../dp/B001TQMU5C
Attached Images

Previous Camaro (sold 11/2015): 2012 2SS - Auto/RS/Black/Sunroof/MyLink Nav/SP 1 7/8" LT Headers w/HF Cats/Hybrid SW Retro Catback w/Borla Pro XS Mufflers/ADM Dyno Tune/C.A.I. CAI/Vmax Spiral Ported Throttle Body/APEX Catch Can/275x4 Squared Wheel Setup/Custom Fit Full Size Spare/Ceramic Tint
Replaced with 2013 Black Dodge Charger SRT8

Last edited by SSteven; 04-19-2017 at 08:18 AM.
SSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:26 PM   #149
Scotty D

Drives: 2014 1le 1SS CRMT
Awesome bro thanks
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:06 AM   #150
jokrz187

Drives: 2015 1SS
I am going to do this MOD this weekend. The only question I have, does anybody have a good photo to show me where exactly to cut into the wire. I saw infernos drawing buy i'm not 100% sure I know where he was talking about. any help would be amazing. also, those that did install the round button from inferno, what size drill bit was used for install of the button. thank you
Custom TSP Stage 2 Cam/GPI intake Ported Rod Mod /VARARAM CAI/Mishimoto Catch Can/1 LE front & rear sway bars/ engine cover/fuse box custom painted, strut tower brace, Texas Speed LT, Hi Flo Cats, Magnum Tru-X pipe, NGK Spark Plugs, PCM Spark Plug Wire, Painted Calipers, CF Spoiler w/wicker bill.
jokrz187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:12 AM   #151
forzasteve

Just to mention ... while you are thinking about getting a three position switch (on - off - on), you may want to consider this switch from Seadog. They are marine switches and are illuminated with red and yellow lens. Here is link to buy (and, by the way, I am not affiliated with them) ...

http://www.boatersland.com/sdg4202531.html

They are only $8 and when in the off position, the switch is not illuminated. It is illuminated red or yellow depending on which way you throw switch. I have used these switches and they have very good current carrying capacity ... much more than you would need to control the valves.
Attached Images

Old 08-15-2017, 11:20 AM   #152
forzasteve

Another switch option that is easier to install is to get a round, three-position rocker switch. Easier to drill a round hole to install these snap-in switches. You can find them everywhere. Just search for "round toggle switch on off on"

Should be able to find them for around $2 to $5 ...

Steve
Attached Images

Old 08-16-2017, 11:00 PM   #153
kravmaga79

Drives: 2015 2ls
am i missing something?
What does all this electrical and vacum control?
is there some muffler with flappers inside it that flip between straight thru or muffled modes?
kravmaga79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 11:15 PM   #154
forzasteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by kravmaga79 View Post
am i missing something?
What does all this electrical and vacum control?
is there some muffler with flappers inside it that flip between straight thru or muffled modes?
Yes

Tags
dual mode exhaust, npp, quiet exhaust, stealth exhaust