Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 05-14-2019, 02:11 PM   #15
joshnmn
2&THEHIT

Drives: 5th Gen Camaro; 5th Gen Ram 3500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoroian View Post
Cool story, but while we're here, let's learn something. What is 892 front and 775 rear?
actually, it WAS a cool story. I got anxious just reading it!!
joshnmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 03:18 PM   #16
RankSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoroian View Post
Cool story, but while we're here, let's learn something. What is 892 front and 775 rear?
Cool first post.
2010 Camaro SS RS, Maggie with 3.4" pulley, 60# injectors, ADM dual fuel pumps, ADM Stage 2 Cam with Brian Tooley springs and pushrods, black CAI intake, Stainless Works long tube headers w/gutted cats, ZL1 Diff w/offset bushings, Pfadt lowering springs, Pfadt sway bars, Pfadt solid sub frame mounts, BMR trailing arms and toe rods, Hurst short throw shifter, Painted on Hugger Orange stripes, Forgestar F14 Piano Black wheels, Nitto NT05 rubber.
RankSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 12:16 PM   #17
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
For sure.....even with a "chip" in the Hellcat. I dont think they use chips anymore do they?
My thought exactly. These things have flashable ECU's , not chips. Correct me if I'm wrong.
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 08:14 AM   #18
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Did you have your Engine Dynoed? Always wondered what Power was at Crank driving a Centri. D1X here on 12lbs 416 Been asked and always say somewhere north of 900 Guess not that far off and yes it’s fun when you can Hook.🙂👍

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 08:57 AM   #19
gm2376

Drives: 2010 Black 2ss Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylortoons View Post
Decided to drive the beast to work this morning and left my house the usual time of about 4 am. Cruising in 5th gear just under 4k rpm on a long straightaway with light traffic (Yes, I'm under 100, but not much).

Suddenly I see lights coming up quickly in my rear view and as it gets closer, I notice it's a Challenger. So I speed up to match its pace. He seemed to be a rather reckless driver (weaving across 4 lanes of traffic around cars) , so I back off and let him go.

A few miles ahead, he takes my exit. Hmmm, interesting, I say to myself. I pull up at the traffic light and I see a purple wrapped car with bronze rims and tinted windows. I roll down mine and give the nod.

The driver looks over, then rolls down the passenger window. Watcha got, I ask? The confident reply, I've got a Hellcat with a chip. It's a Hellcat! I looked at the hood to confirm, then replied, sounds good. The passenger chimes in, yours sounds good too. What is it? I shrug and say I'm running 892 at the motor and 775 at the rear wheels. No response.

I poke a little more. What do you think? He says again, I have a Hellcat, then power brakes for a slight tire spin. I raised my eyebrows and say, that's great, but your tires spin too easily. Can you hook it up to the ground? Mine hooks up.

The light is still red, but it's about to turn green. He rolls up his windows. I leave mine down.

I'm not sure what he's thinking, but I reach down and turn off traction control, just in case. Suddenly, he power brakes again for a little tire chirp, then runs the red light, turns left and disappears into the night. Revving his motor on the way out.

That was fun, I thought to myself. He probably made a good decision.
soooo.....how do you know you are running 892 at the crank? did you have the motor out an on a dyno?
ZL1 10 spokes,Dart 388,ECS Supercharger 2200x, E85 Flex Fuel sensor, Dart 388 , B&M Tranny Cooler, Vigilante 4000 Triple Disc TC,Katech Ported Heads, Texas Speed Sheet Metal Intake, ECS Big Blower Cam,ID 1700s, Fore Triple Pumps, E85,ATI Super Dampner, KW V3 Coilovers, Pfadt front and rear sway bars,Pfadt Trailing arms and toe rods,ZL1 Rear Diff, RPM 6l90e level 10 Tranny, SW Long Tubes no cats,Nick Williams Boosted 102mm TB, Dr Phil Tune,Borla Atak
gm2376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 09:43 AM   #20
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
He sold that mystically horsepower possessed vehicle.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 08:00 AM   #21
nateboussad

Drives: camaro, golf GTI
You should have gone for the A8. It's somewhat debatable but a lot of guys say it's even better

depanneuse Corbeil-Essonnes

Last edited by nateboussad; 05-01-2020 at 10:04 AM.
nateboussad is offline   Reply With Quote