Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-25-2018, 02:11 PM   #1
The camaro show

Drives: 2015 camaro 2lt
ost tuning in pa

so been looking for a shop and this shop is the most willing to work on my lfx anyone every been to ost tuning and performance by pittsburgh pa?
Cosmetic mods: SS hood with painted vent, SS bumper, acs 1le front lip black, big worm gfx tinted all lights, solar wing v2, Camaro seat belt pads and oracle color shift halos and fog light halos and rear colorshift bow tie, carbon creations carbon fiber stingray z spoiler
Wheels: lexani r-3 bg finish 19x8.5
Performance: cold air inductions intake, mrt v1, jacfab ported intake manifold, intake manifold spacer, overkill tuned on E85.
The camaro show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 06:25 PM   #2
Starfall
1bad6

Drives: 2010 camaro
I’m also in PA currently. Check into “early performance”
Old 11-25-2018, 06:45 PM   #3
The camaro show

where are they located?
Cosmetic mods: SS hood with painted vent, SS bumper, acs 1le front lip black, big worm gfx tinted all lights, solar wing v2, Camaro seat belt pads and oracle color shift halos and fog light halos and rear colorshift bow tie, carbon creations carbon fiber stingray z spoiler
Performance: cold air inductions intake, mrt v1, jacfab ported intake manifold, intake manifold spacer, overkill tuned on E85.
Old 11-25-2018, 06:49 PM   #4
The camaro show

I see not bad, have you had any work done all I see is they work on imports
Old 11-25-2018, 07:09 PM   #5
Starfall
1bad6

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by The camaro show View Post
I see not bad, have you had any work done all I see is they work on imports
I’ve met the owner a few times, they do work on alot of cars, my friend with a roush mustang had work done by them, also jack had his gtr tuned and shit
Old 11-25-2018, 08:27 PM   #6
The camaro show

I just sent them a email
Old 11-25-2018, 08:32 PM   #7
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
so been looking for a shop and this shop is the most willing to work on my lfx anyone every been to ost tuning and performance by pittsburgh pa?
What do you mean most willing?

Are you having a hard time finding shops to tune the LFX?
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 09:45 PM   #8
The camaro show

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
What do you mean most willing?

Are you having a hard time finding shops to tune the LFX?
correct most shops only work on imports and subbies or are v8 only I have contacted prob ten shops in the pittsburgh area and only found 2 wanting to do work. Im manly looking at overkill tune now but still need a shop to install parts.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:31 AM   #9
Dante7

Drives: 2015 SS
RDP performance is in Painsville Ohio. They did mine via email but I plan on making a trip up there in the spring when I get a few more things done. What part of Northern WV are you from? I am in the Chester area. I know two guys that love OST they have done work on their Hellcat's one is pretty extensive having a stroker motor put in as we speak I belive
Dante7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 11:22 AM   #10
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante7 View Post
RDP performance is in Painsville Ohio. They did mine via email but I plan on making a trip up there in the spring when I get a few more things done. What part of Northern WV are you from? I am in the Chester area. I know two guys that love OST they have done work on their Hellcat's one is pretty extensive having a stroker motor put in as we speak I belive
Steve doesn't email tune the V6's....
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 03:09 PM   #11
The camaro show

so ost wants 550 to dyne tune plus another 600 for hp tuners seems very high
Old 11-29-2018, 12:39 PM   #12
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
Quote:
That is about right to DynoTune and for Hp Tuners. Unless you are going to be picking up some serious HP with the mods you will make I would not spend the $1100 for less than 50 HP.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 05:02 PM   #13
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
Called OST a few weeks ago, no one answered. Called and left a message with FJ Performance, no call back. I got my WRX STI dyno tuned at TPG tuning. Did 2 tunes, for 93 and e85, the added flex fuel sensor does the rest. Iirc, 500+ for a dyno tune and about half of that for the second map. They have someone that comes in periodically to tune other vehicles that they do not tune, such as the LS3. I don't know if they would have anyone to do a LFX.
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 05:05 PM   #14
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
Quote:
May seem high, but that's about what it is for tuning.
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote