Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-28-2008, 03:02 AM   #43
rocknrollcali87

Drives: 1969 Chevrolet Camaro
Forget that crap, write to whom ever you can. When the transmission in our Tahoe went out I called and emailed whoever I could so that I would not be stuck with a $1500.00 repair bill. The Tahoe was only 3 years old with only so many miles on it. I think I still might have the email if I could find it. Anyways they dropped the charge for the repair work and all we had to do was pay for the transmission. It was a 4l80 E and if anyone else has a Yukon or Tahoe you know how bad these transmissions can be. Heard later that the dealer that got us the new trans had more Tahoes and Yukons pulling in for work.

Alot of people might have the same problem later on with that V6. Why should you get stuck with a used motor? GM needs to back their S%# up!

It's 4 fat guys in a Geo up a hill, we can't go any faster!!
rocknrollcali87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:17 AM   #44
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR72GTO View Post
This guy drives a stang and then put politics on here!!!!

If I want to see that s*%T I will watch FOX.
I linked to two important video's everyone should see and I used to have who I wanted to vote for above those links but someone complained and it was removed. I can't win either way because at least then you would know what you were getting into by clicking on the link and you would have probably avoided it. So blame the people who complained and not me Now get back on topic..
Old 11-07-2008, 01:51 PM   #45
xl1200r

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS/SC
Quote:
now the oil light never came on but it did when my dad turned the key on (did not start it)
The oil light would only come on if there was low oil pressure. A 6-8" puddle, trail and all, is not enough to starve the pickup. A since there's no oil pressure when the engine isn't running, the oil light will always be on when the motor isn't started.

Quote:
We watched a C6 Z06 grenade its motor by throwing a rod at Gingerman raceway. That was indeed a lemon, and it does happen.
There's a reason why manufacturers will void your warranty if you race your car.

BTW - people are quick to throw the term "lemon" around. If the car breaks and the dealer fixes it, it's not a lemon. As was mentioned, it varies from state to state, but there are rules for how many days in the shop, and how many times the same problem comes the vehcile needs to meet before it's considered a lemon. Grenading a motor and have a dealer install a new engine does not make a lemon.
xl1200r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:09 PM   #46
xl1200r

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS/SC
...and I like the videos...
xl1200r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:41 PM   #47
SSNIGHTMARE

Drives: 2002 SS Camaro
Well the bitch is finally on it's way home.
02 SS, STOCK, THE SLO HO
08 CTS, POS
EFI Live
"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD's, you know you wanna hit it but you're afraid of the consequences!"

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

--Samuel Adams
SSNIGHTMARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:19 PM   #48
1_2Many

Drives: 2008 Suzuki SX4
You said your CTS was "gutless"...please explain. 304 HP is not gutless in my opinion. I had 305 HP in my 4x4 Titan crew cab and it was far from gutless. In the lighter CTS that much power should actually feel powerful. Are you thinking you weren't getting full power because of your faulty engine or something? Also, were you running NO2? It's pretty hard to put a hole thru a block on a stock motor.

And I hate to be a skeptic, but could you get some pics posted of the damage, bill or anything so there's some more validaty to this story?
Old 11-12-2008, 09:28 PM   #49
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Some of you don't really understand what a lemon is by law. They vary slightly from state to state, but in general they usually require multiple repairs for the same component on the same car in a certain span of time.

Now, if his crank cracked 2 or 3 more times, that would most likely be a lemon by law.

But as it is now, although it's very inconvenient and rather catastrophic, it's still nothing more than a warranty repair.

You need to fight for a brand new engine. If it requires you call a lawyer, do it. You have 6k miles on the car, and it's not due to abuse (unless you've been driving without oil for a week).

If GM insists on giving you a used engine, tell them you want $10,000.00 on top of that to make up for the accelerated depreciation of a car with an engine that has more miles on it than the odometer shows.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:54 PM   #50
Beau

Drives: Fast
These cranks are forged. There was somethign drastically wrong there. I've spoken with GM engineers about the non DI 3.6 and they claimed the crank was good for over 1000 hp. That crank is similar to the DI 3.6, only the DI 3.6 has stronger pins, pistons, and rods than the non DI 3.6...

Strange. You are the only report I've hear thus far on such an issue.
Beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:38 PM   #51
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McFly View Post
here is a story I have to tell. my dad bought a 85 sedan deville one of the new small front drive ones with the small V8. we bought it when it was only 3 years old from a used car lot. the car was mainly for my step mom who used it for work, car had great power and decent MPG. well one day my dad and my brother and me were heading to the mall on a sunday morning. only sears was open so we were walking to that part of the mall when a man was calling out to us. he ran up and asked us if that was our caddy and my dad told him it was. he said well you have bad oil leak. we walk back to the car and you can see a puddle about 6-8" diameter under the car and a trail of oil leading out the back of the car and down to the end of the parking lot. now the oil light never came on but it did when my dad turned the key on (did not start it). we called AAA and had them tow it to our local GM car dealer that sold caddys. the car was still under warranty from the factory they gave us a BRAND new crate motor from the factory. the problem with the car was those early 'baby' caddys had iron blocks with aluminum heads and the seals went bad (my dad was not aware of this, but he was now). we got the car fixed and good as new and the car stayed with us till it was traded in a few years later. so dont let 'the man' tell you he is putting a used motor in your new CTS FIGHT THE POWER

I know this is a late response, but those HT4100s were the pits. Some of the worst engines GM ever made - ever.

My Grandfather had an '87 Sedan deVille. It went through intake manifold gaskets like a hot knife through butter. And you couldn't run the A/C on a real hot day unless you wanted to cook another manifold gasket.

You could put a 3800 in it and it would be faster, better on fuel, and more reliabile. But no. GM had to create some new fangled small V8 made with two different materials horribly engineered just for Cadillac. And now in 2008 as GM pleads for help from Congress, they can thank themselves in part for those crappy engines why they lost sales for so long.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:42 PM   #52
Beau

Drives: Fast
Quote:
And now in 2008 as GM pleads for help from Congress, they can thank themselves in part for those crappy engines why they lost sales for so long.
I think you're lost, you might be looking for Honda dot com.
Beau is offline   Reply With Quote