Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #29
Genevieve

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
Nice parts.

It is argueable if the yellaterra are stronger. A lot of people have broken them. From my research they aren't as reliable as the stock ls7 rockers.
I am sure I have read the same threads you have concerning broken yella terra rockers. Yella terra is a staple in LS valve train and have been proven on many other cars. When you start to push the spring pressures on the stock rockers they break as well. If these do create an issue or break then I will step up to the jesel's, not to a stock ls7 rocker. I will be sure to keep the lash within spec as well as keep a good swipe on the lifter stem.

Forgot to add the Flow Data. These are with the smaller valves but they should be close.

Oh yeah…. Over 400+ CFM!!!

Here is the final run down of the heads as well.
LSW-1 12* Retro Head Castings with GM rocker arm stands, ARP rocker arm bolts, Victory 1 2.250” Titanium intake valves, REV 1.650” inconel exhaust valves, Manley dual springs, WCCH 5-axis porting job, WCCH competition valve job, WCCH guide hone, and deck surfaced.
Genevieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:36 PM   #30
Genevieve

Picked up some of my pipes from Tim at HP Powder coating. The cold side is a matte black and the hot side is ceramic flat black. Thanks Tim!

Old 05-20-2012, 09:51 AM   #31
Witt51

Drives: Black 2ss
I was just at chad's on Thursday. Your ride is going to be sick. Looking forward to seeing how this comes out. Where are you from?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Witt51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:13 PM   #32
Genevieve

Thanks, it certainly has some potential. Chesterfield area. Is Chad doing some work for you?
Old 05-23-2012, 06:48 AM   #33
se7en

Drives: 10 Procharged SS
Chesterfield.... i use to work there as a kid doing landscaping. Very nice build!!!
Im from the Marion area close to SIUC in Southern IL. Are you planning at all to hit the track there at Gateway to see what she does when finished?
se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:21 PM   #34
Genevieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post
Chesterfield.... i use to work there as a kid doing landscaping. Very nice build!!!
Im from the Marion area close to SIUC in Southern IL. Are you planning at all to hit the track there at Gateway to see what she does when finished?
I am sure at some point she will see the 1320' but she was not built with that as the sole purpose.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:40 PM   #35
ShaneH

Drives: 09 pontiac g8
oh you fancy!

ShaneH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:54 PM   #36
Zman12

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Updates?
Old 07-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #37
Genevieve

The project has decided to give us some extra time so I figure it’s time for a small update.

First up would be the conversion to all T bolts. There were a few worm gear clamps on the cold side of things and most of them would be in a position that is not exactly easy to get to while on the side of the road. T bolts hold better so less chance of popping off.

Next would be the MSD two step. It’s a simple plug and play module that can be adjusted to drop the limiter to a specified RPM to help build boost and aide on a launch.

It was recommended to me to use a Tach Driver to give the fuel pump a good strong signal to reference for its variable speeds. In comes MSD ignition with the Dis-Tach Driver.

Now for some more fun things like the Meth System. Talking with my tuner, builder, and Julio we decided that an Alky Control Kit with 4 gallon trunk mount kit would be ideal for the setup. The kit comes with everything needed to install and very detailed instructions. This is where it gets interesting. During talks with my tuner (DSX Tuning) it was explained to me that the Meth kit can be run off of the MAF or speed density oppose to the MAP. This is important for turbo builds as the power curve is not linear to the RPM of the engine like a blower/supercharger would be. In other words I could be at 3500 RPM and 10 PSI and the engine would use a specific amount of air there by requiring a specific amount of methanol. Then the engine could be at 7000 RPM and 10 PSI and the engine would consume a different amount of air and require a different amount of methanol. So even though the pressure did not change the amount of air and methanol commanded did. Running off the MAF would allow the system to deliver the amount of methanol needed based on the amount of air being commanded by the engine oppose to just the pressure in the manifold. The full kit looks something like this.

After discussions with Julio and some sort of calculation setup he explained to me that twin 15 nozzles will be sufficient for our goals. However, final placement of the nozzles has not been decided.

Next on the docket is the boost controller. Everyone seems to say the AMS is the end all be all of boost controller and I am sure that its control and accuracy is second to none but I loved the adjustability on the fly and features of the Eboost2. I have seen this controller in action and for a car driven on the street it is great and will do anything I could ask or want.

I am one who loves the small detail of builds and projects, things that could have been just fine but was changed anyway to make it that much better and worry free. For my build one of the things I wanted to change was the vacuum hoses for the entire system. I have heard horror stories of lines popping off and boost rising possibly damaging the engine. In come the hydraulic lines designed for high temp and 200+psi. These Push-To-Lock fitting are stronger and more reliable than barbs with zip ties and they are re-usable as well. The PTL line is a harder line then the typical rubber/vinyl hose but still plenty malleable to make any bends I need in the engine bay.

The Connectors are super simple to use and all are on swivels for easier access and placement. No issues of tight turns crimping the hose or hitting against something.

That is all for now, thanks for reading.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:09 PM   #38
Genevieve

So enough playing around and I guess it’s time to update this thing. The stock exhaust manifold was supposed to be reused with the IPS Turbo kit but I choose to run the all-pro 6 bolt heads. This created a problem because the stock manifolds do not clear the extra 6’th bolt on the heads. This mean either an aftermarket set of headers or a custom one off. Running a aftermarket set could lead us to the same problem we are in now as they are mostly designed for a 4 bolt head and not been tested on the 6 bolt setup. So a custom set was in order. I worked with Justin at JMB to fab up a set quickly as I was getting short with my patience. Justin, CBI, and I had several conversations about the size of primary I should run. I of course wanted the largest primary I would manage but both CBI and Justin advised against it. Their argument was that it is not just about volume with turbos but it is also about velocity. They strongly recommended 1 ¾” primary’s with the Tial hot side. A few days later these were ceramic coated and ready to go.

Next up was to remove the cradle and shoe horn this baby in.

Next we figured it would be easier to mount the turbos now.

One of the bonus’ of the kit that I didn’t know about was the fact the turbo kit has provisions for coolant passages too. Being that the turbos are tucked away pretty good the cooler I can keep them the better. So here is the coolant hook up.

Next was working on the vacuum lines a bit. I wanted to run push to lock lines so I took the tops off the gates and BOV and put the push to lock fittings in.

Figured we should look at the springs in there too and see what kind of pressure we are going to make. Gate pressure should be between 9-10 psi.

Alright, time for a nap…..

And back to it. It fits!!

Finish up some of the vacuum lines.

And mounting the boost solenoid off the back of the new washer fluid reservoir. All push to lock as well.

Finish wiring some of the MAF and MAP sensor.

Fire It Up!!! Open Down Pipes for the Win!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen
Old 10-22-2012, 04:27 PM   #39
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
C'mon now... stop teasing and post up the dyno sheet. I KNOW there is one out there...
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:32 PM   #40
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Are you still using the Aeromotive eliminator pump, speed controller and tach adapter?
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:40 PM   #41
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
We have mutual friends and I believe he is still using the aeromotive stuff.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:10 PM   #42
Genevieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
C'mon now... stop teasing and post up the dyno sheet. I KNOW there is one out there...
lol, I will scan it tonight,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
Are you still using the Aeromotive eliminator pump, speed controller and tach adapter?
Yes, about 14-1500 street miles and so far great. With the eliminator and ID1000's my injector duty cycle is only hitting 65% ish with 16-17 psi of boost on 93 octane pump gas and meth.