Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 05-13-2015, 05:04 PM   #687
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 SS's View Post
Wow, glad you guys are so in tune on the report...does this part not count ?

Page 234

In sum, the data did not provide a basis for us to determine with absolute certainty whether
there was or was not tampering as the analysis of such data ultimately is dependent upon
assumptions and information that is not certain.

But go ahead, pile on & enjoy, because either way, most of you guys will still be watching the Pats playing mid January next year, while your teams aren't .
And yet, the language used in the report fits what a civil trial needs to determine guilt, and more probable than not fits the criteria for being guilty.

And if you're blind enough to not want to believe a guy that called himself the deflator, has been caught multiple times swapping out footballs and was filmed taking the balls into a private area without the referees permission...then so be it.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. You do the crime, you do the time. Brady's best option at this point is to admit he was involved and move on. Same goes for the fans. I mean, really, did you see any other teams that have received suspensions complain this much or point fingers everywhere else but their own tainted camp?

Really...be honest with yourselves.
Old 05-13-2015, 05:22 PM   #688
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
You Pat fans are so bitter...

I think that's why so many don't like the Pats.

Even when things go your way you are nasty about it and then when they get what they deserve you guys are extra salty.

That's why no sympathy from anyone...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Not looking for anyone's sympathy...it's just funny how quick all the haters are ready to go to the guillotine with the Pats when an incident occurs, never mind that all teams were filming, hang the Pats...never mind that others doctor the ball, hang the Pats.
I suppose if they hadn't been kicking the shit out of most peoples teams for close to 15 yrs, it'd be a different story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
I think the important parts are the texts back and forth explicitly naming Tom. The fact that he witheld his phone records is why they don't have a definitive conclusion.

If this was in the courts he would be prosecuted and more evidence would be sought out, his cell phone (amongst others) records would be subpoenaed nudes of Gisele be dammned.

Then your boy would be hemmed up for real.

He should just put on his big boy pants and take his punishment like a man. He should just shut up and stop acting like he's something special and be glad that's all he got...

A couple ball boys text about Tom , so it's fact ? Maybe he does like the balls on the low end of the spectrum, maybe that's what they are told to set them at, doesn't mean he told them to under inflate them, or change them after inspection, does it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
And yet, the language used in the report fits what a civil trial needs to determine guilt, and more probable than not fits the criteria for being guilty.

And if you're blind enough to not want to believe a guy that called himself the deflator, has been caught multiple times swapping out footballs and was filmed taking the balls into a private area without the referees permission...then so be it.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. You do the crime, you do the time. Brady's best option at this point is to admit he was involved and move on. Same goes for the fans. I mean, really, did you see any other teams that have received suspensions complain this much or point fingers everywhere else but their own tainted camp?

Really...be honest with yourselves.
Funny thing, everyone that I've heard with a law background, has stated just the opposite, if this was a court of law it would be thrown out based on that report.
Maybe , just maybe...If he didn't tell them to mess with the balls after inspection, he's got nothing to admit to, so why would he??
But like I said, keep piling on and enjoy yourselves.
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 05:26 PM   #689
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
And if any of you think,that the possible 1PSI, that never got noticed by any ref that touches the ball after every single play, made the difference of the Pats dominating for all this time.
Especially the Colts fans....you have been destroyed by the Pats , ! PSI wouldn't help you.
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 05:29 PM   #690
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

The most likely explanation to this, and the one determined by the report is that 2 Patriots fans doctored the balls AFTER being inspected and approved by the Refs. The balls then disappeared for over 6 minutes without their permission, and during that time McNally was videoed going into a small room with the balls.

From that, you need to determine based on both Brady's lack of cooperation and the fact that he was mentioned in previous texts and the pattern of his contact with the two Equipment guys changed immediately after things went public.

To most of us, all the dots connect leading to Brady having orchestrated this. Are you really saying these two employees went rogue? Do you really believe that?

I know you Patriots are huge fans of Brady, and the fact that he's a great QB doesn't change based on this. Maybe his reputation....however he should have thought about that before doing all this. And, I have no doubt he knew this was happening.
Old 05-13-2015, 05:39 PM   #691
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 SS's View Post
And if any of you think,that the possible 1PSI, that never got noticed by any ref that touches the ball after every single play, made the difference of the Pats dominating for all this time.
Especially the Colts fans....you have been destroyed by the Pats , ! PSI wouldn't help you.
And, this is where those of us that think this went on for more than one game have the issue with this. Many of us believe this went on for the entire 2014 season based on those texts. And, based on other things, I believe this has been going on since the rules on ball handling changed.

More importantly is how better grip of a ball can reduce fumbles. Turnovers are the biggest indicator of how a game is going to turn out, and I could see a swing in score by 3-14 points based on 1 or two extra fumbles a game. It's all speculation at this point of course, however it makes for an interesting exercise. Also, what if this has been happening since the rules in Ball Handling changed (a rule change largely due to Brady lobbying for it).

2 home games were won by 7 points or less in 2014
4 home games were won by 7 points or less in 2013
2 home games were won by 7 points or less in 2012
3 home games were won by 7 points or less in 2011

Meaning, a significant number of games in past seasons are questionable if you accept the concept that better grip decreases the chances of fumbles. And, how would this have affected their placement in the playoffs, etc?

This is all speculation of course, yet it's kind of fun speculation to think about. We can't vacate wins and strip Super Bowl trophies. As much as I'd love to see the Seahawks win another Super Bowl, not this way. Still, casting doubt on the legitimacy of Brady's legacy is interesting in its own way. I am not a Patriots or Brady hater...I respect much of what they've done. Still, they aren't the shining white knights everyone makes them out to be.
Old 05-13-2015, 06:54 PM   #692
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Yup, damn integrity or sportsmanship, as long as your team makes the playoffs, who cares how they get there. The Patriot way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-13-2015, 07:21 PM   #693
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:34 PM   #694
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post

Leon Sandcastle says whats up!
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:51 PM   #695
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
Now that's funny... lol

Old 05-13-2015, 08:13 PM   #696
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Since the rule change in 2007 that allowed teams to provide their own game balls, the Patriots have fumbled the ball about 40% less than prior to 2007.

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2015/01/stats_show_the_new_england_patriots_became_nearly_ fumble_proof_after_a_2006.html

Tom Brady himself in an interview said he likes the ball deflated.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ated-footballs
Old 05-13-2015, 08:16 PM   #697
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/d...ypes=og.shares
Old 05-13-2015, 11:44 PM   #698
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
A 4 game suspension is looking more like a slap on the wrist at this point, based on everything that has taken place and previous dubious/questionable behavior that continues to come out of the woodwork. The Patriots should be very pleased the suspension and fines are not significantly worse (which would be warranted IMO).
- Blacked-Out Bowties & RS Emblems, Front bowtie delete
- Full Dynamat Extreme Trunk Coverage
- Tinted side markers
- Interior DSV Customs Leather Upgrades
- Airaid CAI V2
- Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 20x9, 20x11
- Doug Thorley Shorties
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:00 AM   #699
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Someone started a GoFundMe to pay the Patriots (not Brady's) 1 million dollar fine.

Knowing how Patriots fans feel about cheating, it wouldn't surprise me if this was a fake, and the guy is just gonna take their money. That's ok though...cheating is fine because if you aren't cheating, you aren't trying!
Old 05-14-2015, 09:18 AM   #700
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote