Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 02-14-2012, 12:25 AM   #1
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Talking Its Official. Im getting Bored

We need more videos with "PSHHHH" You know me and my infatuation with the BOV lmao

We need more videos! lmao

Cant wait to see some more videos of all these badass FI6s!

But seriously, some more street videos of some turbo'd 6s would be sweet. Something about street videos make me drool
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:12 AM   #2
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Love the thread!!
Old 02-14-2012, 09:24 AM   #3
Pt_killa

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
We need more videos with "PSHHHH" You know me and my infatuation with the BOV lmao

We need more videos! lmao

Cant wait to see some more videos of all these badass FI6s!

But seriously, some more street videos of some turbo'd 6s would be sweet. Something about street videos make me drool
Hahaha I wish I would've known, a lot of shicannery occured this weekend so I could've had tons of videos for you. As you know, other people think that just because your driving a sports car it automatically means that you have to drive fast and race all the time. Well lets just say a few times on my road trip i got tired of people harassing me lol
(Sold Sept 2015) Stock 18" Heritage w/ BFG G-Force ZR tires / Blacked out bowties and tail lights / DIY Remote-Mount Turbo Kit (Precision 6776S .81ar ex. @ 6.5psi, Tial 38mm WG, Greddy Type-S BOV) / RX Catch Can / RX-FTI 3600 Stall / Blue Well Lights / Team LLT
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:41 AM   #4
TJ91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Love the thread!!
lmao HEY! Your going to be filling this thread with vids soonn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pt_killa View Post
Hahaha I wish I would've known, a lot of shicannery occured this weekend so I could've had tons of videos for you. As you know, other people think that just because your driving a sports car it automatically means that you have to drive fast and race all the time. Well lets just say a few times on my road trip i got tired of people harassing me lol
How could you do this to me PT?! Go back in time and film those fun times!!
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
Old 02-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #5
Dobbins

Drives: 2010 LLT CGM STS Turbo- 500 HP V6
i'm getting my turbo in and should be done march 16th so stay tuned! I plan on putting up all types of videos because I agree there just arent really many good videos of it out in action! So stay tuned!
Dobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:19 PM   #6
Nytemare
Quick 6

Drives: 2010 camaro ls v6
Send a message via Yahoo to Nytemare
soooo excited! need to see some real vids! Can't wait to actually see one of these monsters in action up close and personal too!
Old 02-14-2012, 01:40 PM   #7
SnoopyAce7
(ʘ‿ʘ)

Drives: The one with a roof rack
Funny that it mentions Chrome & carbon they're on the front page of C5 today!
Old 02-14-2012, 11:53 PM   #8
Ice Demon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Man I love the sound of a turbo and the bov it just sounds bad ass. Great vid

Ice Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:42 AM   #9
TJ91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobbins View Post
i'm getting my turbo in and should be done march 16th so stay tuned! I plan on putting up all types of videos because I agree there just arent really many good videos of it out in action! So stay tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytemare View Post
soooo excited! need to see some real vids! Can't wait to actually see one of these monsters in action up close and personal too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopyAce7 View Post
Funny that it mentions Chrome & carbon they're on the front page of C5 today!
Thanks for the vid man, got a Pshhhhh Over dose with that vid
Old 02-15-2012, 02:18 AM   #10
puertoricanfont

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pt_killa View Post
You really need to tape those. I juson bought all my exterior mods, but now it's time to start looking at possible engine mods. I really want to go turbo just so I can "fun" when I want to. And for 5900$ installed by Tracy makes it harder to resist.
puertoricanfont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:20 AM   #11
UltrasonicKing

Drives: 2011 1LT Camaro Cyber Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by puertoricanfont View Post
You really need to tape those. I juson bought all my exterior mods, but now it's time to start looking at possible engine mods. I really want to go turbo just so I can "fun" when I want to. And for 5900$ installed by Tracy makes it harder to resist.
5900 for sc, 6900 for twin turbo,
UltrasonicKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:44 AM   #12
puertoricanfont

5900 for single turbo , or 6900 for twin turbo that's what I I'm looking at.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:39 AM   #13
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Do the TT kit. Just get the base kit which is $6900 if you are tight. The $7900 TT kit is the upgraded kit but not necessary unless your really have it. The TT's will spool up WAY faster than the single kit.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:26 PM   #14
puertoricanfont

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
350-400 rwhp with the single but it will spool a little slower. 1/4 mile times are dependant of the type trans, stall converter, etc. All in all times like this are achievable w/a single set up for 1/4 mile. Gretchen is more for street and road racing/auto cross with the type of suspension and the converter was built to still allow engine braking so it is a bit tight for building boost for the launch. With the same build set up for the drag strip and street full out acceleration this shold be a 60' in the 1.5-1.6 range and with 111-112 mph trap speeds 11.90's or better.
As tracy said it himself its possible to obtain this time with a single turbo. For me the upgraded single build is more of what i need it for. Its not really a track car but more of a "lets have some fun" type of car. Im just a lil power hungry but in no way would i trade my baby in. Im still waiting for you car as i believe its the only manual turbo so far.