Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southcentral

Old 06-15-2009, 08:43 PM   #71
warren384

Drives: 2003 Maliby LS
Question Looking for greater New Orleans area reputable dealers

[FONT="Times New Roman"][/FONT]

I have been a GM customer for more than 40 years and considering a 2010 Camaro. I am tired of knowing more about the vehicle than the person who is suppose to represent the brand he/she is selling. I have my fill of BS, lies and excuses. It has been 4 years since my last GM purchase and I understand things can change and may be different at this time. Looking for dealership and salesperson experience, both good and bad, in the greater New Orleans, Louisiana area to assist me in where to go should I decide to pursue this further. Members, dealerships and/or salespersons please respond.

Hoping to find a CamaroScotty type person in our area.
warren384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:31 AM   #72
mitchellmcfly2010

Drives: 07 Chevy Avalanche
I was goin to until one of the salesman told me my iom 2ss/ rs m6 was gonna b around 45k. I ordered from Ross Downing in Hammond, and its at MSRP.
mitchellmcfly2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:52 AM   #73
Phenicks

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren384 View Post

I have been a GM customer for more than 40 years and considering a 2010 Camaro. I am tired of knowing more about the vehicle than the person who is suppose to represent the brand he/she is selling. I have my fill of BS, lies and excuses. It has been 4 years since my last GM purchase and I understand things can change and may be different at this time. Looking for dealership and salesperson experience, both good and bad, in the greater New Orleans, Louisiana area to assist me in where to go should I decide to pursue this further. Members, dealerships and/or salespersons please respond.

I think you are gonna have a hard time finding a salesperson like Scotty around here. The thing is Scotty knows his stuff cause he loves the cars where as most sales people learn just enough about each car so they can answer basic questions. If u get an honest person they will tell you that you will know more about the car than they do and that is cause you are about to drop $30K plus so you research the hell out of it before you buy. Where they have so many models they sell that they learn what they have to in order to make a sale. Right or wrong it is just the way it is. But I do hope you find a dealer that gives you a fair deal and can help you with all your needs. Let us know how it turns out.
Phenicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:55 AM   #74
CajunCamaroChic

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, ABM "Bella"
Did anyone order theirs from Allstar in Baton Rouge?
Old 06-16-2009, 03:11 PM   #75
warren384

Drives: 2003 Maliby LS
Smile New Orleans area reputable dealers

Thanks Phenicks.

I agree, CamaroScotty is one of a kind. I figured that the greater New Orleans "area" (60 mile radius) would have at least one salesperson and/or dealership that wanted to make an honest living. If I was a new car salesperson in these hard times and a hot car came along (Camaro, GTO etc.) I would be on the internet forums for that make and model promoting myself and my dealership. I would learn more about that model so I could speak intelligently with potential customers. I guess that is asking to much.

I will continue my search and maybe get lucky. If not I will go out of state. I will update as information is received.
warren384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:26 PM   #76
fieldgoal00
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:

My fiancee bought hers from Best Chevrolet and they were very helpful and we purchased it for MSRP. We also ordered it back in December of last year. We dealt with John and Lynn
fieldgoal00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 04:59 PM   #77
BLT4SPD

Drives: 2010 SS, 2011 Z71, 1980 Camaro
Car show at Tanger Mall in Gonzales

We need to try to get all the area 5th generation cars to Tanger Mall in Gonzales Saturday evening for the car show. Should start about 6 or 7. Will try to find better time and let everyone know.
BLT4SPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:08 PM   #78
fieldgoal00
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
We would definitley go but we are going to the Fleetwood Mac concert on Saturday night in new orleans
fieldgoal00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:28 PM   #79
Gib

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, RJT 04 Silverado
Gerry Lane Ent. Super Cruise Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLT4SPD View Post
We need to try to get all the area 5th generation cars to Tanger Mall in Gonzales Saturday evening for the car show. Should start about 6 or 7. Will try to find better time and let everyone know.
The Super Cruise at Tanger Mall this Saturday (june 20th), is from 5 to 8:30 PM. It is good to get there a little before five if you want to park a group of cars together. Not sure if I am going to make it. Car just arrived on Friday and i started the Zaino thing today. Got it washed and clayed, but a lot more to do. Tiger baseball on top of that. I hope to be there next month if the Camaro is out of the speed shop.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:35 PM   #80
Gib

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, RJT 04 Silverado
Quote:

Quote:
Thanks Phenicks.

I agree, CamaroScotty is one of a kind. I figured that the greater New Orleans "area" (60 mile radius) would have at least one salesperson and/or dealership that wanted to make an honest living. If I was a new car salesperson in these hard times and a hot car came along (Camaro, GTO etc.) I would be on the internet forums for that make and model promoting myself and my dealership. I would learn more about that model so I could speak intelligently with potential customers. I guess that is asking to much.

I will continue my search and maybe get lucky. If not I will go out of state. I will update as information is received.
If you don't mind coming up to Baton Rouge, I can put you on to the fleet manager at Gerry Lane Chevrolet. He is a straight shooter and I have purchased four Chevy's from him over the past 13 years.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:35 PM   #81
Phenicks

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
Sooooo I just got back from talking to my dealer (Brian Harris Chevrolet), I am friends with the family, and was told with the amount of orders they have and the number of allocations i would not expect to have my car built till at least October or so. I know that is not that long as compared to some of the people who have waited since last October but that is still a bit of a wait. Anyone happen to know a dealership in Louisiana, selling at MSRP, that has current open allocations? I know it is a longshot but cant hurt to ask right?
Phenicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:47 PM   #82
CajunCamaroChic

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, ABM "Bella"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenicks View Post
Sooooo I just got back from talking to my dealer (Brian Harris Chevrolet), I am friends with the family, and was told with the amount of orders they have and the number of allocations i would not expect to have my car built till at least October or so. I know that is not that long as compared to some of the people who have waited since last October but that is still a bit of a wait. Anyone happen to know a dealership in Louisiana, selling at MSRP, that has current open allocations? I know it is a longshot but cant hurt to ask right?
I ordered from Allstar (sorry to say, but can never buy Brian Harris again, enough said about that). They are waiting on their allocation and I am on the NEW allocation list. They said around October as well. I am TRYING to be patient with this allocation garbage. :bangdesk:
Old 06-18-2009, 07:12 PM   #83
BigEasy-Dawg

Drives: 2007 Mercedes GL 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenicks View Post
BigEasy-Dawg how did u black out the bow-ties? Did u use vinyl?
Yes, I did. Had a guy do it in Pearl River. He messed up my stripes, but did a good job on the bowtie. The black vinyl is reflective. Having black stripes to match put on instead of the silver.
BigEasy-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 07:17 AM   #84
copterdoc

Drives: 2010 rally yellow 2LT
Try hood in Amite. I talked to the sale guy yesterday and he has 4 ss's comming in with only the first 2 sold. They are a little out of the way but the people I dealt with were great. Ray smith heads up their internet sales dept. Do a google search any you can get in touch with him. I bought their first camaro from them.
copterdoc is offline   Reply With Quote