Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-15-2016, 11:22 AM   #15
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Having used stripes on many cars for years, there is no good reason that GM is doing this, other than it saves time when applying them, and allows them to skip the "trimming and fitting" step.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
yup, and probably more driven by keeping the union boneheads from screwing up a stripe install....LOL
This....

I'm not crazy about the factory stripes. Didn't like them on the 5th Gen either. I had a set custom made the way I wanted and the installer did them right by wrapping all the edges.

I personally don't like the way the 6th Gen factory stripes go on to the bumper. I think it would much better if they stopped or were rounded off at the the end of the front valance. If I get a 6th Gen and do stripes they will definitely be custom made.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 12:05 PM   #16
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
You may want to check this out:
http://www.ridergraphix.com/2016_Cam...OEM_Rally.html

See their pictures of the hyper blue SS. They offer OEM style stripes with the same gaps, but they have a nicer set with some pin striping that also has no gaps. I would ask them to confirm if they could make a gapless version of the OEM stripes if this is the look you want to go for. Personally, I think the pin striped version is way better than OEM.

RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 12:11 PM   #17
HuJass

Drives: GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post

This is WAYYY better than the OEM stripe.
Don't know why the OEM set omits the outside pinstripe.

The only thing that would make this better is if the stripes ended on top of the nose cone instead of on top of the bumper.
2004 Colorado ZQ8
2002 Trans Am WS6 Collector Edition
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 12:13 PM   #18
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Quote:

See their pictures of the hyper blue SS. They offer OEM style stripes with the same gaps, but they have a nicer set with some pin striping that also has no gaps. I would ask them to confirm if they could make a gapless version of the OEM stripes if this is the look you want to go for. Personally, I think the pin striped version is way better than OEM.

Now THAT is how they should look. The outer pinstripe adds so much.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 12:14 PM   #19
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuJass View Post
This is WAYYY better than the OEM stripe.
Don't know why the OEM set omits the outside pinstripe.

The only thing that would make this better is if the stripes ended on top of the nose cone instead of on top of the bumper.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 12:23 PM   #20
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Well, I'm glad I shared something that ended up being at least a little useful. I just happened to see these aftermarket stripes in another thread, and they kind of fell into obscurity a while back. I really think GM should just make their stripes look like this. Pin stripes have been a staple of Camaro design for a long time, and they look good even on the 6th gen.

I would contact them and see what's possible. Maybe they can make them end at the nose if you wanted. The nice thing about shops like this is they usually make graphics per order using a CAD file that can be edited on the fly. I could swear I saw a set on their site that stopped above the grill instead of below it, but I can't find it anymore. They only list OEM style or these.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 06:27 PM   #21
HuJass

Drives: GM
Quote:
Pin stripes have been a staple of Camaro design for a long time, and they look good even on the 6th gen.
Not just Camaro, but EVERY Chevy that ever wore a Rally Stripe. It was always the fat stripe bounded by the pin stripe.

Quote:
The nice thing about shops like this is they usually make graphics per order using a CAD file that can be edited on the fly.
Those vinyl shops can do just about anything pretty quickly.
2004 Colorado ZQ8
2002 Trans Am WS6 Collector Edition
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 06:33 PM   #22
martelds
Go Arizona Cardinals

Drives: 2006 GMC Duramax 2500 HD, 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrec10 View Post
I dont have an issue with the stripes...And I thought I was ANAL.
I agree, I think the color showing enhances the look, at least on my car. You can't please everyone.
2016 2SS Garnet Red 2SS,6 Speed, NPP, MRC, Adrenaline Red interior, Black Rally Stripes, NAV, Sunroof, Corvette Z51 Black Wheels, Black Front Fascia, aFe / PFADT Suspension Lowering Springs, Black High Rise Rear Spoiler. High flow headers, E85, Roto-Fab Cold Air, MSD Atomic AirForce Intake. aFe / PFADT Front & Rear Sway Bar. Pushing 520 to the Rear Wheels
martelds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 02:33 AM   #23
z28guy30

Drives: 2016 camaro 1ss
I love the rally stripes on the new Camaro. It is one of the reasons I picked mine over other's on the lot.
Old 04-16-2016, 08:37 AM   #24
Burly

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I like stripes too but after a few days, I kinda thought the oversize cut out of the hood vents is cheesy... With black stripe and black vents the vents would get lost in the stripe. I guess they wanted to make sure the vents stood out.
Just nit picking, it's hard to find anything I don't love about this car
Burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 10:24 AM   #25
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
It really is not nit picking, at any judging show, I'm sure you would lose points.....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 09:53 PM   #26
VADER332

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE / 2014 Ford Raptor
Quote:

I have a 2017 Hyper Blue SS, with factory installed white rally stripes. Can the stripes be removed by using a blow dryer to heat them up? Thanks.
VADER332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 06:39 AM   #27
GelflingEssence
Banned

Drives: 2016 Challenger SRT 392
The striping in my Challenger is really well done. They're folded around every body panel, even the tiny area above the splitter. However they used the same cheat around the hood scoop where the stripes don't quite touch it.

I
GelflingEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 08:27 PM   #28
trcsr

Drives: 2018 2LT/RS Conv
I have the same problem. I got mine from Vinyl Graphics Pro. Their website shows the strips going completely around the ends, but mine stop about 1/2 short at all edges. I asked them about that and their only reply was that they were patterned after the official Camaro patterns. They never explained why the website picture shows them complete and then said why the actual ones were not. I would not recommend buying anything from these people.

Besides that problem I also bought side stripes that did not come close to fitting. The company Vinyl Graphics Pro is just a distributer for products made by other companies. I did get a refund on the side stripes as they had not been installed yet, but the rally stripes were already installed. Plus, the installer has been doing this for many years and did a wonderful job on my 2013 Camaro and Miata.
trcsr is offline   Reply With Quote