Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 11-29-2018, 11:10 PM   #29
FLOW TIE

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #898
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Chigga View Post
Thank you and yeah thats probably me , I think Im the only Red Z/28 in the DFW area, But for the OP that White Z looks good on paper, so far but no pictures.
You’re not the only one.Skent has been here for a while WITH HIS RED Z.
Come join our DFW group.
We get together regularly, have close to 10 now.
👍🏼
FLOW TIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 11:13 PM   #30
FLOW TIE

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #898
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
I didn't see a lot of them even when they were for sale new. We had one here on the showroom forever but I almost never saw one on the road. They are definitely rare and it's cool when you do see one.
Jeff,
I hope that one was mine.
Love thinking about mine being on the showroom floor for that long...
FLOW TIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 06:30 AM   #31
j o n

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #0058
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
That's great and all but I've never purchased a fast car with the idea of future value being a determining factor. Like I said, we don't know if the Z/28 is still going to hold it's current value over time. Based on my experience over the last 20 years, I'm going to say that it will still depreciate for some time.

A person can also go and buy a used 6th gen 1LE if depreciation from new is a concern.

I say just buy the car that gives more of that special tingly feeling when you drive it.
Every car I purchase, future value (depreciation) is a concern. It's not what you pay for a car initially, it's what you can sell it for when you want to get out of it (that's what you truly 'pay' for a car). That's one of the reasons why we daily drive Honda's and Toyota's.

Not to say the '14/'15 Z/28's won't depreciate more so. It will depreciate at slower rate as the common new or used 5th/6th gen Camaro SS/ZL1. Only 1801 in total and then with all the specialty items that distinguish it from the massed produced the SS/ZL1 cars (including 1LE variants) or other manufactures' competition... That was my point regarding 'safe money' when making the decision of what to buy as a consumer today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biergut View Post
Thanks, Chigga! Might be just up my ally.

You'all are awesome. Love the collective knowledge.

Regarding the Z28 vs the 6th gen I have to go along with the Z28 guys here -- the car is just so damn rare and I too have never seen one tooling around on the street or the track events I've attended. I am also getting older and not sure how many more track / sport / limited use cars I'll be buying... The Z and that 427 is just something that has been calling me for some time -- an itch I have to fill.

Thanks again to everyone.
Excited to see what ya end up with. Enjoy the search process. Take your time and do your due diligence
- '15 Z/28 #0058 | White | A/C | Speakers | Michelin PS4S 305/30/19's
- '22 Ridgeline RTL | White | Ebony, '22 CR-V EX-L Hybrid | White | Ebony
Sold:
- '15 Z/28 #0048 | White | A/C | Speakers | Michelin PS4S 305/30/19's
https://www.instagram.com/__jon__athan__/
j o n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:43 AM   #32
Biergut

Drives: '15 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by j o n View Post
Excited to see what ya end up with. Enjoy the search process. Take your time and do your due diligence

The due diligence is the big concern... you guys seem to uncover all kinds of stuff I have no idea on where to go and get it... I mean, I know I can check the Carfax and auto check, but it just seems like a lot of that is BS. Of course I know what questions to ask, but it's clear dealers do not tell the truth.

Would a dealership service department share VIN # information??

Any tips are appreciated...
Biergut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:50 AM   #33
_Chigga

Drives: 2015 Z/28, #225 Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOW TIE View Post
You’re not the only one.Skent has been here for a while WITH HIS RED Z.
Come join our DFW group.
We get together regularly, have close to 10 now.
👍🏼
Please send me Group info, would love it to go to a meet together. Since people generally have no idea what a Z/28 is.
_Chigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 09:00 PM   #34
Tankslapper

Drives: Z28
Quote:
The due diligence is the big concern... you guys seem to uncover all kinds of stuff I have no idea on where to go and get it... I mean, I know I can check the Carfax and auto check, but it just seems like a lot of that is BS. Of course I know what questions to ask, but it's clear dealers do not tell the truth.

Would a dealership service department share VIN # information??

Any tips are appreciated...
Best avoid all that and Buy one from the original owner directly!
I’ll sell you mine, then go buy the vengeance monster that’s for sale at the moment, PM me.
Tankslapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 03:05 AM   #35
I80truck

Drives: 2015 z28
2015 camaro z28 for sale

Original owner,2015 z28 white with ac,tinted ,brand new toyo triple 8 rs,18000 miles never raced,never thought I'd sell it but life change forces sell,located in reno nv 46000 cash call ken 2087162530 or text for pics
I80truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 11:27 AM   #36
Biergut

Drives: '15 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Chigga View Post
Your second choice of Color of White, 1 owner ,10,652 miles, price of $40,900 is listed. No Pictures though. http://www.darcyautos.com/VehicleDet...-IL/3333087063

Okay... first of all a BIG shout out to Chigga as this is now my car!

Second... a BIG shout out to this forum as again, you guys are fantastic.

The car I purchased was indeed a 1 owner and it checked every box I wanted. Obviously, it came together fast, but over the past month or so I started to get the picture on these bad boys... good ones tend to get snapped up fast and the questionable ones are the units that sit for weeks and months... reading all of your posts was a "tremendous" help.

I'll take delivery sometime this coming week, week after at the latest. Beyond pumped up. It was priced fairly and the dealer has been quite good thus far. I've been given the original dealer invoice, GM build sheet and might even get to meet the original owner who purchased at this dealer and traded it back in to this dealer.

Thanks again to everyone! I hope to be active and continue to learn from you all!

Biergut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 03:10 PM   #37
Supercup
Life Is Short Enjoy It!

Drives: Original Owner 15 Z/28 #934
Quote:
Yes -- this makes a lot of sense.

Color is not all that critical as I am on a budget of around 40-42k. (not much I can do about this) My favorite color, however, is Red, followed by White.

I really have to have an AC car.
I am in the Northeast, however, willing to travel for the most part to almost anywhere... CO west would be more problematic, but I am not closing off shipping.

Max miles is a tough one for me -- I have purchased many higher mileage cars in the past that were fantastic as they were well taken cared for their entire life. I've had 70k miles that were absolutely mint and 20k mile cars that were really more like 200k. I am not at all closed off to a car with 15,20, even 30k if we know it's well cared for. I suppose I would draw the line at 45k if there was documentation of a well cared for car.

You guys are awesome -- great forum.

- BierGut
HI,

This may not work, but this red 2014 appears to be a great deal. I am pretty sure it is a "no AC" car. they have had it awhile and dropped price from $42k to $38k in the past week - they want it gone - so deal wise this may be one of the best deals available out there.

link: https://www.pueblododge.com/used-Pue...FS1EE5E9700049

GL finding right car - will post anything else I see.
Supercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 03:18 PM   #38
Supercup
Life Is Short Enjoy It!

Drives: Original Owner 15 Z/28 #934
Congrats - see my prior post is now no longer needed! Great Buy - love it!

Pass along to anyone you know who is looking for a cheap red Z/28 - that has not been loved - 1 real owner and the rest dealer to aution to dealer!

Frankly the red one is a the perfect candidate for a full track car conversion!

Last edited by Supercup; 12-01-2018 at 03:29 PM.
Supercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 06:17 PM   #39
_Chigga

Drives: 2015 Z/28, #225 Red
Quote:
Okay... first of all a BIG shout out to Chigga as this is now my car!

Second... a BIG shout out to this forum as again, you guys are fantastic.

The car I purchased was indeed a 1 owner and it checked every box I wanted. Obviously, it came together fast, but over the past month or so I started to get the picture on these bad boys... good ones tend to get snapped up fast and the questionable ones are the units that sit for weeks and months... reading all of your posts was a "tremendous" help.

I'll take delivery sometime this coming week, week after at the latest. Beyond pumped up. It was priced fairly and the dealer has been quite good thus far. I've been given the original dealer invoice, GM build sheet and might even get to meet the original owner who purchased at this dealer and traded it back in to this dealer.

Thanks again to everyone! I hope to be active and continue to learn from you all!

No need to thank me , just did a quick search on all platforms. Found that your second choice, then passed it along. And Finally a Huge congrats!
_Chigga is offline   Reply With Quote