Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-05-2009, 05:20 PM   #29
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
No comment, I would probably be banned.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:53 PM   #30
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Please dont forget about our troops also, 30,000 more going over to the sandbox.
Blownhotrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:57 PM   #31
daphatgrant
June '10

Drives: '10 2SS/RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andro View Post
I'm a fireman and I will support all the way
Same here
daphatgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:59 PM   #32
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:47 PM   #33
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Since one thread about this was not enough, I will just put my comment here also. It is not to be taken as I am souless towards the loss of the officers but... I think I like my avatar better. Not that I don't feel bad for a few badges that were sitting in a coffe shop working on their lap tops and some jackoff comes in and shoots them but, I like the Camaro better. Sorry. Hats off to the men/women in uniform that serve ethically. I stress the word ethically. A local cop just got the axe b/c she gave someone a ticket for going 62 in a 55 and signed off that it was radar. Well guy fights the ticket and the cop admits to not using radar and gave him the ticket for it based on... and I quote "thats how fast I thought he was going... 62" WOW, just wow.

Secondly, I don't know if I necessarily believe they deserve any special treatment that any "civilian" murder victim would recieve. What about 9 year old Elizabeth Olten whose neighbor killed her or 10 year old Conner Conley whose brother killed him... "just to see what it felt like" My heart goes out to the parents of these kids WAY more then to the cops. They chose a dangerous career and get paid to do it. 9 and 10 year olds getting murdered... just sick.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 09:24 PM   #34
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
well Jr, had you read the first post, this is NOT a dupicate thread, but a "SIGN POST" to direct you to the origanal thread......thats all.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:29 PM   #35
Love my chevy

Drives: 1972 Nova/2010 2 LT/RS
good idea.Moore credit and honor needs to be paid to these men and women
Love my chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:35 PM   #36
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post

Secondly, I don't know if I necessarily believe they deserve any special treatment that any "civilian" murder victim would recieve. What about 9 year old Elizabeth Olten whose neighbor killed her or 10 year old Conner Conley whose brother killed him... "just to see what it felt like" My heart goes out to the parents of these kids WAY more then to the cops. They chose a dangerous career and get paid to do it. 9 and 10 year olds getting murdered... just sick.
I see your trying to say, but you have NO idea how hard and stressful it is to be an officer of the law.

Not that I'm one, but I run with these folks all the time. Imagine not being liked by half of the population that you are there to serve and the majority of the time your presence is not wanted. Every stop they make that appears to be "routine" could be their last, you never know what the person in the car is holding. For DAMN sure that is not a job I would want to do on the daily.

And about that cop who wrote that ticket.... remember with ANY profession, doctors, mechanics, realtors etc. including your's... there are good and bad ones
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:03 AM   #37
Kilo-9
Dog Is My Copilot

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
They chose a dangerous career and get paid to do it.
If we don't do the job, who will? You?

Thanks to the organizers/posters of this thin blue line campaign. We lost three Officers here in Pittsburgh this past spring...it tore the heart out of the entire city. God bless the fallen and their families...
Old 12-06-2009, 06:53 AM   #38
CamaroDude
Look Ma Im A Music Artist

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS
I'm Captain of our local Sheriff Department Explorers pro. we lost a Deputy a few months back and I know how the family and friends feel. My thoughts go out to them all.
CamaroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 07:16 AM   #39
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blownhotrodder View Post
Please dont forget about our troops also, 30,000 more going over to the sandbox.
...and it'll be 'Nam all over again! Poor guys.
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:58 AM   #40
bluman

Drives: '10 Corvette GS/'13 Mustang
retired LEO,
I'm in with this
2010 Camaro SIM/CGM RS/2LT VIN #310 SOLD

2010 Corvette Grand Sport
bluman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 11:54 AM   #41
CRYMFTR265
Semper Fidelis

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro 2SS\RS
jrhaus76,
You obviously don't like cops and don't care much for them.
I mentioned in the other thread how nobody has bad things to say about cops on this site and a short time later you do just that.
As cops we put ourselves on the line for everybody everyday and yes we get paid for it and chose this career but do we deserve to get killed?
That little girl you mention is a victim of some jerk that deserves the worst but you would piss your pants if you would have to deal with him or her!! And thats where we come in. To find that crook and put him behind bars of a failing legal system that has nothing to do with what we do. We do it to catch jerks like that and put them away. But to try to use her murder to reason why people should feel sorry for her but not the cops? Bad example. All lives of good people are equal and should be treated equally. But you can't see it that way because of that hatred in you that shows in your words.
I will pray for you...........and I will pray that you are never the victim of a violent crime. But if you ever are a victim those boys in Blue or Brown will be there to HELP you regardless of your opinion of them and would give their lives for you. How many people do you know that would do that for you?
Oh and did I mention that more than half of Law Enforcement are prior Service Military like myself, A Marine? But that doesn't matter much to you anyway, does it?
CRYMFTR265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:13 PM   #42
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
wow you got that all wrong.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote