Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2014 Camaro5 Fest (V)

Old 02-04-2014, 04:40 PM   #15
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Saweeet glad to hear the M6 street tire class is back.

Now I just need to come up with a few more mods to help burn the tires off a little faster, i'm pretty sure there will be some tougher cars in TX than Indy.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:03 PM   #16
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpower View Post
Sorry that is a inside joke
LOL.. I'm using the term loosely..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
If you see me.....you'll also be seeing the 9 second C7.

Maybe Matt will let me leave the cars and the trailer at his shop or maybe his buddy Jason in Jacksonville will. That would make it so much easier.
I smell some options and a lot of maybe here. The door is open and we'll roll out the red carpet for the Northeast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SSRSS View Post
Saweeet glad to hear the M6 street tire class is back.

Now I just need to come up with a few more mods to help burn the tires off a little faster, i'm pretty sure there will be some tougher cars in TX than Indy.
It's hard to deny a class that was so successful during Fest III.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:12 PM   #17
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

I smell some options and a lot of maybe here. The door is open and we'll roll out the red carpet for the Northeast.

Let me see what I can do. Gonna take some work. Just on the logistics. The wife already ok'ed my declaration on 2014 being my comeback tour to drag racing!!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:41 PM   #18
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
:( Ok lets not make this DRAG racing thing so confuzzing the Average guy doesn't know when he's supposed to be racing! This is supposed to be FUN! My first year at INDY I had not Idea what was going on? OR when ??? Mlee you know what I'm saying ~
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:41 PM   #19
grocerygetter
instigator

Drives: 2020 6.2 Trail Boss, 2022 XC90
K...thanks for the feedback. Lol
Why don't you clarify then...do you intend the indexes to be bracket raced? Or heads up? A bracket on those indexes with a one second spread in classes may not be that bad.
I take it you guys are going to have someone announcing classes and that the first day is a chance for everyone to get used to the track a few passes and get a dial in figured out.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:51 PM   #20
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
OK, there was only one reason I did not add (the best class we ever had) M6 street tire was due to the Autos being excluded.

But the point has been made that Autos dominate Bracket and Index so M6 Street is in..

One thing you have to remember is the number of cars for each class. We had 3 cars in the V6 class and we had a shop car class with 2 cars. They are here to race as well. This year the ARH/Farks car may be the only shop car in attendance other than some Fbods and it will only be there if the NMCA schedule permits. We will make adjustments if needed but we're not going down the road of registered/not registered or owner/driver, shop car or not.

There are not that many cars that run 9's. Break it down further and you have no class left.
M6 street tire class,what an awesome idea .........LOL I still think the Street Slayer challenge sounds better ....Great work guys cant wait...The RPM car may be there

Last edited by H-E; 02-04-2014 at 06:55 PM. Reason: add
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:12 PM   #21
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-E View Post
M6 street tire class,what an awesome idea .........LOL I still think the Street Slayer challenge sounds better ....Great work guys cant wait...The RPM car may be there
^^^^Yes sir that was a fantastic idea two years ago
RPM car...
Old 02-04-2014, 07:22 PM   #22
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post
:( Ok lets not make this DRAG racing thing so confuzzing the Average guy doesn't know when he's supposed to be racing! This is supposed to be FUN! My first year at INDY I had not Idea what was going on? OR when ??? Mlee you know what I'm saying ~
You just go out there, run and have fun. You're almost a pro now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grocerygetter View Post
K...thanks for the feedback. Lol
Why don't you clarify then...do you intend the indexes to be bracket raced? Or heads up? A bracket on those indexes with a one second spread in classes may not be that bad.
I take it you guys are going to have someone announcing classes and that the first day is a chance for everyone to get used to the track a few passes and get a dial in figured out.
Will definitely be adding details later. TPower caught me off guard and we needed to get discussions going anyway.

Index was meant to be heads up, but now that you mention it, it might not be a bad idea to do the entire bracket racing that way.

Friday is test and tune all morning and we always try to get bracket racing done late Friday afternoon. Plenty of time to get dialed in. Both tracks are shut down from 12 to 1 for Vendor appreciation and at 1 only slicks and DR's are allowed for the first passes on good prep.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:35 PM   #23
Andrew4180
Bigfoot

Drives: "Doomsday" 1981 Camaro
I love the idea of open bracket, that way you actually have a car count.
as far as index goes, heads up is the best way to go in my opinion, never really heard of bracket racing on an index. but I think I understand the concept, just a bracket race with the cars all within 1 sec of each other?

383ci SBC, Th400 Trans, 29X10 Hoosiers. Small Block, Small tire, bracket car.
Andrew4180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:47 PM   #24
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew4180 View Post
I love the idea of open bracket, that way you actually have a car count.
as far as index goes, heads up is the best way to go in my opinion, never really heard of bracket racing on an index. but I think I understand the concept, just a bracket race with the cars all within 1 sec of each other?
We've actually had a lot of fun doing brackets the past 3 years. Fest #1 was index racing only. Fest #2 was brackets and 3 & 4 we've added individual classes but not without controversy. Hope to get it nailed down and keep things the same or close every year.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:22 PM   #25
Andrew4180
Bigfoot

Drives: "Doomsday" 1981 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRD_WRK View Post
Index is not quite like that.

A 13.0 car will leave the line 1.0 sec before the 12.0 car. They will meet at the end if each runs close to the time Index dialed in.
There's pros and cons to being the faster/slower car.
Also have to work harder to get the car to meet the 1sec or more typically 0.5s spread.
Normally- you have to claim it in advance-you can't change it on the fly. No this makes it harder cause you have to make the car run the air conditions too.
in just brackets-you more so pick the time the cars running at just prior and try to repeat it.
You cannot go under your claimed dial in on either style.

You may have known most of this, but info good for others.
Gotcha, kinda like NHRA Stock/Super Stock Class eliminations.

383ci SBC, Th400 Trans, 29X10 Hoosiers. Small Block, Small tire, bracket car.
Andrew4180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:23 PM   #26
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
Can't race without a helmet sa2005 and sa2010 M2005 M2010. Don't forget it at home like I did last year and had to buy one :( GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:23 PM   #27
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Tim,
If we did .5 sec index we would have over 20 classes. If one sec is too much then index should just be scraped. The classes are pretty much the same as last year except for Ship car and naming. I'll go back through and re-name them to match last year and we'll go from there.

Matching fast list categories is nice but tech gets very difficult and all it takes is for one person to run out of class and we have a 50 page thread discussing it.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:29 PM   #28
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRD_WRK View Post
Index is not quite like that.

A 13.0 car will leave the line 1.0 sec before the 12.0 car. They will meet at the end if each runs close to the time Index dialed in.
There's pros and cons to being the faster/slower car.
Also have to work harder to get the car to meet the 1sec or more typically 0.5s spread.
Normally- you have to claim it in advance-you can't change it on the fly. Now this makes it harder cause you have to make the car run the air conditions too.
in just brackets-you more so pick the time the cars running at just prior and try to repeat it.
You cannot go under your claimed dial in on either style.

You may have known most of this, but info good for others.
No there would be no dial in. This would be heads up. After qualifying runs the cars running within the 1sec time slots would simply go head to head, same light. If your car ran a 11.9 then you could not run the 12 sec class and probably wouldn't do well in the 11 sec class but you never know. It went pretty well this way at Fest I. I was just trying to add this as an extra to Brackets so everyone would be involved with some side by side racing.