Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-02-2022, 08:10 PM   #15
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottletalk View Post
Nice, did u go with the rr or rr2?
Rr. I decided the programmable buttons was something I wouldn’t use much.
2014 SS LS3/LSA Supercharger, 10% Super Damper, 2.55 upper, AGP Dual Pump, ID 1050 injectors, Pegasus solid rear cradle bushings, LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite E2 catch can, E85 corn fed, 160 Thermostat, Monster Twin Disk, MGW Short Throw shifter, Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, HP Tuners, JL Audio system.
Valkyrie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 01:02 AM   #16
bottletalk

Drives: 15 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie14 View Post
Rr. I decided the programmable buttons was something I wouldn’t use much.
ummmm....the ejector seat!
bottletalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 06:10 AM   #17
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Quote:
ummmm....the ejector seat!
If that was an option then I made a mistake! When the wife screams at me when I am passing someone…
2014 SS LS3/LSA Supercharger, 10% Super Damper, 2.55 upper, AGP Dual Pump, ID 1050 injectors, Pegasus solid rear cradle bushings, LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite E2 catch can, E85 corn fed, 160 Thermostat, Monster Twin Disk, MGW Short Throw shifter, Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, HP Tuners, JL Audio system.
Old 09-03-2022, 07:00 AM   #18
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
Ordered a Sony AX6000 (released today) and Maestro Idatalink. Will post pictures later in the month.
Great choice and your jumping light years ahead from OEM technology.
Hope you really enjoy it.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 05:00 PM   #19
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Everything arrived today. I purchased an Idatalink adapter for Sony radios that doesn’t look like it connects to anything else is the only part I am unsure of. The rest of it is beautiful. I may be posting some questions on here when I get stuck.

Looking forward to this install!
Old 09-09-2022, 12:58 AM   #20
bottletalk

Valkyrie14congrats! been hearing really good things on that Sony you scored, post up a review if you can.....I'd love to find out what it has for gauges, performance menu/related screens and of course sound quality via Bluetooth....
Old 09-16-2022, 05:41 PM   #21
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Spent a week in the hospital. Threw me a bit off schedule. I am doing this project in baby steps, doctors orders.

I pulled the old stereo and there are some wires that look like they won’t be reconnected. The instructions are not the best, and I can’t find a diagram of what all is plugged into the back of the OEM head unit.

Are there supposed to be wires not reconnected? Does anyone have a diagram of the wires that plug into the OEM unit?
Old 09-16-2022, 05:46 PM   #22
SIM GhostrdrZ

Quote:
Spent a week in the hospital. Threw me a bit off schedule. I am doing this project in baby steps, doctors orders.

I pulled the old stereo and there are some wires that look like they won’t be reconnected. The instructions are not the best, and I can’t find a diagram of what all is plugged into the back of the OEM head unit.

Are there supposed to be wires not reconnected? Does anyone have a diagram of the wires that plug into the OEM unit?
It’s been years since I’ve done mine but the new stereo and kit should have which wires to use. Color coded to solder. But most are kit to new stereo and plug into factory plug. I might be way off on my thinking of this kit
Old 09-16-2022, 05:54 PM   #23
bottletalk

Quote:

There are some awesome YouTube vide out there, I'll post a couple in a minute.
I'm 85% that everything u need is on the idatalink site.....could be wrong cuz it's been a while.
Old 09-16-2022, 05:59 PM   #24
bottletalk

https://youtu.be/4S3QmhywlI8

https://youtu.be/pHwk2SlYq9s
Old 09-16-2022, 08:29 PM   #25
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

There are 3 wires that are like the antennae plug ins. I am pretty sure I found the shark fin antannae. I am guessing one is for XM radio, and not sure about the third. There are a couple other two pin harnesses that don’t hook up either. I think one is the microphone, which Idatalink replaces and the other is probably GPS which the Idatalink also replaces.

Tomorrow I will turn it on and see what works and what doesn’t.
Old 09-16-2022, 09:24 PM   #26
bottletalk

post a pic of these connections.....I'm pretty sure I didn't leave anything out besides the sat module???? not %100 on that
Old 09-17-2022, 08:34 AM   #27
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Quote:
post a pic of these connections.....I'm pretty sure I didn't leave anything out besides the sat module???? not %100 on that
Here is what’s left
Attached Images

Old 09-17-2022, 10:46 AM   #28
SIM GhostrdrZ

I’m pulling mine out of the Z28 today and putting it in the ZL1. The brownish connector is for the aftermarket xm tuner. I carefully pulled off the plastic and saved it for today so I can put OEM unit back together.
The other connectors are too fancy for my Z28 but I think I’ll run into them in the ZL1( guessing backup camera and usb)
It’s all plug and play with the harness and so simple to revert back to OEM if you ever need to switch it. I don’t have any use for music in either but the dog loves the convertible so it’s getting switched.
Good luck