Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-08-2010, 10:26 AM   #99
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
Why the hell is this thread still going.....the guy wanted to offer up some advice and admit not all cops are out to "get you"...a great read actually. It subsequently turned into a ...cops sucks, lawyers suck, my life sucks, rules sucks,...oh and valentine 1 rocks thread yet again.
Ive see more and more of these threads popup. As a cop myself it really makes me concern if anyone has any respect in todays world.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:44 AM   #100
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdenotter View Post
Ive see more and more of these threads popup. As a cop myself it really makes me concern if anyone has any respect in todays world.

I have learned if they have children, prior military, and some form of responsibility for another human being..then they care...otherwise, it is all a joke and cops only watch them when they leave their house following them all the way to their destination to ensure no foul play or possible violation of +5 over the speed limit...you cops have nothing better to do, anyways.
Performance: 439 RWHP: 226/236 Comp Cam, Kooks 1-7/8, CAInc, Borla S type, Vmax TB, Rx Catch Can, Trans cooler, SLP 160 termo, Melling high volume, Eibach Springs/Sways 1" drop, Whiteline complete bushing kit.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:33 PM   #101
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdenotter View Post

Like everyone else in the world, some (most) do deserve it, others don't - the difference and underlying point of contention is that few of the others in the world have arrest powers and all that.

Personally I'm more concerned about the ongoing controversy over recording interactions with cops at traffic stops than I am with whether they pull you over in the first place.

Last edited by Lazerbrainz2k3; 12-08-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #102
jdenotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
I have learned if they have children, prior military, and some form of responsibility for another human being..then they care...otherwise, it is all a joke and cops only watch them when they leave their house following them all the way to their destination to ensure no foul play or possible violation of +5 over the speed limit...you cops have nothing better to do, anyways.
I couldn't agree more

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:28 PM   #103
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
I love how a "Bad Cop" is now one who actually gives you a ticket for breaking the speed limit.

Really..some of you people are pathetic.
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:53 PM   #104
G10
GForce

Drives: 2010 Honolulu Blue 2LT M6
I've only been pulled over once and I'm pretty sure the cop had a massive nightstick over my ride so he straigh up asked me "Do you like tickets?" I said "No Sir" so he said "OK... then... Don't do that." and he drove off. Needless to say... I didn't do "that" anymore.
G10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:51 PM   #105
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
Maybe us cops should start a thread called "PEOPLE SUCK".......then theres a fair fight....all these threads end up the same...biggest pet peeve with my job is people tellling me or telling others how we should do it
Old 12-08-2010, 09:27 PM   #106
jdenotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC-SS View Post
Maybe us cops should start a thread called "PEOPLE SUCK".......then theres a fair fight....all these threads end up the same...biggest pet peeve with my job is people tellling me or telling others how we should do it
Sounds like a good idea lol.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:54 PM   #107
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC-SS View Post
Sounds good to me too. Then we can give them a taste of their own medicine.

Ya know what else if funny. Nobody on here bitches about the politicians who make up the laws and fines. Nor do they bitch about the DMV who assess the points on their driving record. I don't know about any of the other cops but I haven't handed anybody points for their driving record. No one bitches about their insurance company who charges them more for insurance. It's all the cop's fault.

Last edited by SILVERHAWK; 12-08-2010 at 11:23 PM.
SILVERHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:29 PM   #108
custompainter
Retired and diggin it!

Drives: 2011 camaro ss/rs
My father was a police officer in Denver Co. He was on patrol one night when he pulled over a car for no tail lights. When he approached the drivers side window he was shot 3 times. The bullet that took the right side of his head off is the one that killed him. The driver of the car was later quoted saying...."I couldnt afford another ticket and I panicked". I was only 5 yrs old at the time,but I can still remember him coming home after night shift and he would always stop and get me a toy.
So the next time you are pulled over by a police officer....Remember he is literally risking his life just walking up to your car. Be respectful, do not lie to him and let him know you are aware of his sacrifices, because he may not be around to pull you over for your petty BS next time.
Thanks guys for all you do. Stay safe. Happy Holidays to you and yours!
custompainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:24 AM   #109
Mhoward08

Drives: Black 2SS/RS Silver Hood/Hockey
pulled over twice in the first month of owning mine one by a trooper when i was going 66 in a 65....luckily i was doing my father a favor and driving him to austin and hes a dps sgt so i just got off with a written warning lol (that trooper got nice real quickly when he identified himself) second time was a sheriffs deputy who had a new charger and had to flex his man power but only gave me a written warning. After that it seems like cops really don't care around here lol ive flown by them going triple digits and they just ignore me.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:37 AM   #110
SILVERHAWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by custompainter View Post
My father was a police officer in Denver Co. He was on patrol one night when he pulled over a car for no tail lights. When he approached the drivers side window he was shot 3 times. The bullet that took the right side of his head off is the one that killed him. The driver of the car was later quoted saying...."I couldnt afford another ticket and I panicked". I was only 5 yrs old at the time,but I can still remember him coming home after night shift and he would always stop and get me a toy.
So the next time you are pulled over by a police officer....Remember he is literally risking his life just walking up to your car. Be respectful, do not lie to him and let him know you are aware of his sacrifices, because he may not be around to pull you over for your petty BS next time.
Thanks guys for all you do. Stay safe. Happy Holidays to you and yours!
Thank you for sharing your experience. I have 2 sons myself and that 1% traffic stop is always in the back of my mind when on duty. "We" thank your family for their sacrifice. There's always a blue light on for you at my house. I don't know how much you are on the forum, but please also post this on the Onstar support for the families of fallen LOE's thread in the main discussions. Happy Holidays.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:46 AM   #111
the Kolektor
Patiently waiting....

Drives: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I like how everyone blames the police for getting pulled over. They aren't the ones behind the wheel of your car. Everyone knows that if you speed, theres a chance of getting caught, it's a risk we all take when choose to go above the limit, now granted sometimes one doesn't have much of a choice depending on traffic, but all in all, it's our fault for speeding, so it's our fault for getting caught. Just my opinion.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:51 AM   #112
SILVERHAWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
Do you expect people to respect your badge or you as a person? Hopefully both. The first deserves respect without question for the law must be respected. The second needs to be earned just like anyone else has to earn it. The trouble with many cops is they think the two go hand in hand regardless of what pricks they are.
This thread really needs to end. Its going to be the neverending battle of Cops vs. The Public. The problem is the officers who have made themselves known on here seem to be the "cool" officers with alot common sense and some empathy. Everyone who "bitches" on here about an officer conducting enforcement-- groups the action with "Damn Police" or "Cops Suck" when it should be "I hate officer "Jones" for his/her actions. The rest of us get tired of hearing how you all hate it when "we" do our job. And if you've never seen things from "our" side you really shouldn't complain until you do. Cause we know what its like to be "Joe Public"----we weren't officers from birth.