Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 01-16-2011, 09:25 AM   #29
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggerorange73 View Post
I've seen and read enough....I need these inserts...NOW!
yes, you do. good choice. call pete up at pedders
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:05 AM   #30
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
stock gaps vs BMR's inserts. I see all these performance companies building 600-1000rwhp camaros with absolutly no suspension upgrades
Attached Images

BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:15 AM   #31
2010_5thgen

yeah, its crazy. suspension was the first thing i did on my car. after you can handle the power, then its time to get it.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:19 AM   #32
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Absolutely no difference in NVH?
EP1200 inserts will be an ideal solution for you Camaro. If you can hear a difference in cabin noise level or feel you ride quality has deteriorated in the slightest, you would be the first.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:31 AM   #33
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
did i say that? my car is very loud and bumpy from all the mods ive done, so i cant really comment on that.

No...you didnt.

Why do you think I asked the question?
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:37 AM   #34
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond Limits View Post
I've actually always kinda wondered why you guys never shot video of the cradle movement. You should do one for the stock bushings, the inserts, and then for your full poly replacements (if memory serves me correctly you have 2 different durometers available). Get one of those little helmet mount HD cameras and slap it under Pete's car.
We did.

Far more important than a sub-frame bush video is the overall performance and ride quality. Anyone can replace OE bushes with Delrin and achieve a performance gain. You end up with razor sharp handling, boy racer ride and you need ear plugs. That is unacceptable anywhere but on the track, especially in a refined chassis design like the ZETA II Camaro. Pedders delivers excellent ride quality with close to OE NVH on a full bushes 5th Gen. Here is the TRUE test of sub-frame stability.

Sustained 1.3 G turns. Not peaks, sustained 3 g turns.
Fastest 5th Gen Laps at Spring Mountain
Fastest 5th Gen Laps at Gingerman
Fastest 60' and 1/4 Mile with Lingenfelter -- AFTER THEY REPLACED Brand-X with PEDDERS SUPERCARS.

Sooner or later a brand-x suspension company will run a 5th Gen faster than Pedders. They should. We have posted every detail of our build and setup on the Camaro5 forum. Building a faster car would be easy with the information we provide. The real question isn't is Pedders the best and fastest. The real question is what is taking everyone else so long to be as fast or faster?
Old 01-16-2011, 11:50 AM   #35
2010_5thgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
No...you didnt.

Why do you think I asked the question?
sorry. misunderstanding i though you were saying i said that.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:51 AM   #36
2010_5thgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
We did.

Far more important than a sub-frame bush video is the overall performance and ride quality. Anyone can replace OE bushes with Delrin and achieve a performance gain. You end up with razor sharp handling, boy racer ride and you need ear plugs. That is unacceptable anywhere but on the track, especially in a refined chassis design like the ZETA II Camaro. Pedders delivers excellent ride quality with close to OE NVH on a full bushes 5th Gen. Here is the TRUE test of sub-frame stability.

Sustained 1.3 G turns. Not peaks, sustained 3 g turns.
Fastest 5th Gen Laps at Spring Mountain
Fastest 5th Gen Laps at Gingerman
Fastest 60' and 1/4 Mile with Lingenfelter -- AFTER THEY REPLACED Brand-X with PEDDERS SUPERCARS.

Sooner or later a brand-x suspension company will run a 5th Gen faster than Pedders. They should. We have posted every detail of our build and setup on the Camaro5 forum. Building a faster car would be easy with the information we provide. The real question isn't is Pedders the best and fastest. The real question is what is taking everyone else so long to be as fast or faster?
pete, you ready to sell those wheels yet? shouldnt you be do for a newer set? if you are...send me an email...ill take those off your hands
Old 01-16-2011, 02:12 PM   #37
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
sorry. misunderstanding i though you were saying i said that.
No big deal man...
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:31 PM   #38
BMR guy

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
stock gaps vs BMR's inserts. I see all these performance companies building 600-1000rwhp camaros with absolutly no suspension upgrades
Thanks BLACK10 for posting installed pics. I am also surprised at just how many shops are building these high powered "tuner" cars without suspension mods. We private label products for a few of them but the majority seem to be more interested in horsepower figures then delivering a balanced overall package.

For those of you still on the fence about cradle bushings we recommend them for even bone stock cars. Before you spend money on any other suspension parts, install cradle bushings first. Every suspension component attaches to the cradle so if the foundation is moving around so are your nice new suspension components. Cradle bushings stabilize the cradle, making your swaybars, trailing arms, toe rods, etc. work that much better.

We have two options for cradle bushings, inserts or full bushings. We recommend the inserts for anything up to 450 rwhp and the full bushings for anything above that.
BMR guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:55 PM   #39
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
Since this thread has taken a left turn to subframe bushings, can someone please tell me the (true) rear subframe/cradle bolt torques for the (2) forward and (2) rearward bolts??

I've been finding conflicting info on the forums.

Thanks,
Tom
Vengeance Kaotik Cam, C.A.I., ARH LT, Pypes Cat Back, ZL1 Shifter+2012LS3VERT bushing, Quantum Brake Ducts, JDP Tow Hook Scorch Yellow Trim Kit, Shark Fin, AAC DRLs+ABLs+SMDs, ZTA Rear Spoiler, R.Y. 1LE Splitter. Pfadt coilovers, camber plates, trailing arms, Pegasus Solid Subframe. Pedders ZL1 barz, radius arm & steering rack bushings. BMR adjustable toe-rods. Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace. ZL1 GMPP Driveline Upgrade. TurnOne P/S pump. CTS-V 6 pistons.
447 HP @ 6180 RPM / 418 TQ @ 5100 RPM
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:09 AM   #40
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalnch View Post
Since this thread has taken a left turn to subframe bushings, can someone please tell me the (true) rear subframe/cradle bolt torques for the (2) forward and (2) rearward bolts??

I've been finding conflicting info on the forums.

Thanks,
Tom