Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-26-2015, 10:40 PM   #57
Chris1SS1LE

Drives: 2014 Camaro Red Hot 1LE NPP Recaro
I love that blue, looks like the Hot Wheel blue. I wanted that color on the 1LE
Chris1SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 12:30 PM   #58
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL575BumbleBee View Post
Very well said and what amazes me how today's youth feel owners of any business should make a profit and should sell there stuff for no profit.

All I can say is good thing there is a store called Walmart were they can shop because if the owner of a business can't make money he sure isn't going to pay he's employees a salary that the can afford to live in. But that's okay they can just stay at home and live with mom & dad. Because once you buy a car and pay insurance you most likely won't have enough money to pay rent, utility's or have enough for food and water.

And FYI building custom cars cost money, lots of money. I seen cars where the paint & body work alone cost 100 grand. and then some

Marty-MJ
www.garagescene.net
If you don't mind blowing extra cash you go ahead. I'm going to look for best value and what you did 50 years ago is irrelevant. I want to know they did great stuff in the last 5-10 years with cars I'm driving.
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 12:34 PM   #59
digdeep0169

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcampos View Post
Im considered a young'n and i could care less about hamBERGER Chevy. I nor will hundreds and thousands of other people never buy a $91k Z28! No matter how their name plays out in history.
I'm not a youngin... and completely agree with this! If you shall out $91k for a Camaro... a camaro people... you must have waay too much disposable income.

~ 2012 SS ~
digdeep0169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:29 PM   #60
Chris1SS1LE

Drives: 2014 Camaro Red Hot 1LE NPP Recaro
They will sell them because the people growing up knowing what that name stood for will see the justified expense anyone over 55+

The young buyer who could afford it is not going to buy one, they want tech packages, they want the car to do as much as their cell phone does and more. Plus they want to be pampered most didn't take a school bus, they were chauffered in mommys mini-van, they want cup holders for juice boxes and TV's to see favorite movies, went to college to design video games, or dream of working at apple, lived in mommys basement playing dungeons and dragons until Facebook bought their app and moved out into a 3 million dollar home.

Basically guy buying a $90k car is retired dude, high paid tech young dude, or some dude just got his inheritance.
Chris1SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:47 PM   #61
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsaterz28 View Post
Have purchased new from them in past very fair to deal with
Tried to deal with them in the past, very hard to deal with!
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:55 PM   #62
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMCamaroSS View Post
That's the best looking Z/28 I've seen.

Agreed!!!

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:33 PM   #63
USMUCL

Drives: 2014 Red Camaro 1SS 1LE
I wonder just how well it was painted. Hard to tell how much care and craftsmanship went into it when just looking at pictures.

In person, it might be a soup sandwich . . .
USMUCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:20 PM   #64

Drives: 15 2SS RS 1LE, 18 Sonic LT, Z71
With prices like that its amazing they still have that SSR from 2006.
1110110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:24 PM   #65
Devon
Highway Man

Drives: '10 2SS/RS
I admit, I have a bit of a boner right now from that pic. Absolutely beautiful! If I had a spare $100k+ I'd buy that car in a heartbeat. A quality paint job, especially in such a gorgeous color isn't cheap.

Too bad I'm broke and the exchange rate is horrible...

Roto-Fab Intake
Tuned by dynosteve @ RDP
Devon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:29 PM   #66
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
My favorite Z yet. Dicker sticker shock though.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:43 PM   #67
klaatu barada nikto
C5 Best Gen

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
This thread seals the deal that at least for some, the original muscle car era is, indeed, truly dead.

Newsflash- Every dealer tries to make a profit.

To twist a quote Michael Crichton, by not understanding history, there's a growing number of leaves here that don't know they're still part of a tree.

Not defending the asking price, but people are quick to poo poo the history-makers of the hobby they enjoy. And quick to assume a Berger car was just thrown together by a bunch of hacks. Couldn't be further from the truth.

Lingenfelter, SLP, and everyone else that's currently in the aftermarket performance Camaro crowd owes their own existence to the original Chevy hi-po businesses like Berger, Baldwin(-Motion), Yenko, Nickey, Fred Gibb (ZL-1 fame), Dick Harrell, Dana, etc. These guys influenced GM back in the day and was key in getting GM to build performance platforms straight from the factory.

Here's a cool tidbit- Berger had around 50 COPO Camaros in 1969 (which included the yellow ZL-1 #3), and ranked only behind Yenko in '69 COPO Camaros.

Does that make this Z/28 worth 91K because it's sold by Berger (btw, it's still a new car, not a used one)? Probably not to most, but it saddens me to see people making incorrect assumptions about Berger and their legendary history concerning our beloved Camaro. My guess is that most of you have never seen a Berger Camaro up close and the quality paintwork they're capable of. Maybe they're not the same caliber of factory performance dealer as they were before, but they're the one of the O.G.s in Chevy-backed high performance vehicles.

Personally, if I really wanted a blue Z/28, $3K above MSRP isn't bad for a first-class color change. There's people on (or used to be on) this board that have paid a whole lot more than that above MSRP to own a 2010 Camaro.
Very well said and i agree.
Berger is legendary like Yenko, Nickey, Baldwin-Motion and the others mentioned. I think the value on this car will remain high for years to come and is well worth $80k (or more) as far as i am concerned.

If i had the extra coin this gorgeous Z/28 would be in my garage NOW.
klaatu barada nikto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:49 PM   #68
Kings2010

Drives: 2005 C6, 2013 ZL1 2020 Ram Cummins
25-30k on a lightly used SS. Then dump the rest of the 40-50k into a complete rebuild and beef up. Not saying it's not a sexy car, but I'd rather build my own.
Kings2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:17 PM   #69
Kendall421

Drives: 1969 Z28, 1982 Z28, 2014 SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Love that blue color!

I let someone else buy it and then buy it used in 2 years for 50k.

Great looking car though.

It's almost 2 years old NOW! LOL Being a 2014 means they have had a hard time selling it. For that price, in 2016...and maybe 2017, it will still be sitting there losing value! Nice car...but if I was going to spend that money, I would just buy a Vette!
Kendall421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:30 PM   #70
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaatu barada nikto View Post
Very well said and i agree.
Berger is legendary like Yenko, Nickey, Baldwin-Motion and the others mentioned. I think the value on this car will remain high for years to come and is well worth $80k (or more) as far as i am concerned.

If i had the extra coin this gorgeous Z/28 would be in my garage NOW.
I get the whole heritage thing. But, and this is JMHO, the old days of the dealers ordering up the special cars using the old COPO system is long gone. This is nothing more than a Z/28 with paint job. Now if Berger did this with several cars, and the Berger package was a little more than a mere "appearance" package, then yes, it might be special. But at a $15,000 mark up, I ask myself one question, would this car attract anything more than trivial attention if it were at Barrett Jackson, or Mecum? The answer is probably not, there is no notoriety on this one, nothing special other than the fact that it is blue. If that is worth $15K to somebody, than more power to them, but i just don't see it.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote