Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-16-2010, 11:16 PM   #29
20Camaro11

Drives: SS
"Damn Nissan Isn't Messing Around This Year " -- It wasn't that long ago that Infiniiti was not much more than a re-badged Nissan, Lexus- A re-badged Toyota, Acura-...Honda, so on and so forth. I agree with the OP, most of the manufacturs seemingly just keep upping the ante and building better machines all the while giving their upscale line of cars a very different personality than that of their cheaper cousins.
20Camaro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:28 PM   #30
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by syr74 View Post
I'm not throwing anything out. I'm saying somebody who needs a car in a larger segment isn't going to look at a CTS. And what I get in response is a bunch of guys who seemingly think you can just throw cousin Ted in the trunk because they've got 50 bazillion horsepower and that is all that matters. Trust me, when people have to choose between power and space, if space is important, power never wins.

And as such the comparison is silly, because the M56 was designed for somebody who needs a bigger car.
I don't need to trust you, for the most part we agree, BUT those who buy 65k cars usualy own more than one vehicle!! If they are in the market for a luxury sport sedan than the CTS-V pwns the M56. To take your car to the track (like the M5) and the kids to school or coworkers to lunch (like the M5), than the CTS-V fits the bill, you are correct that the M56 has better rear space though. I have seen the dual nature of the M5 (track/street), the M56 I doubt would hold up on the track very well, even the video showed that, I don't think it even comes with a manuel transmission. I can only speak about the few M5 owners I have met, knowing them they would skip right over M56 and never even consider it.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:36 PM   #31
syr74
Account Suspended

Drives: Thunderbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth411 View Post
I don't need to trust you, for the most part we agree, BUT those who buy 65k cars usualy own more than one vehicle!! If they are in the market for a luxury sport sedan than the CTS-V pwns the M56. To take your car to the track (like the M5) and the kids to school or coworkers to lunch (like the M5), than the CTS-V fits the bill, you are correct that the M56 has better rear space though. I have seen the dual nature of the M5 (track/street), the M56 I doubt would hold up on the track very well, even the video showed that, I don't think it even comes with a manuel transmission. I can only speak about the few M5 owners I have met, knowing them they would skip right over M56 and never even consider it.
Heck man, I would skip over the M....but I know you get my point.
syr74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:37 PM   #32
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Quote:
I picked up on that, but are you not seeing a little of the 'CTS-V' rules because it has the power and nothing else matters argument going on with some others here? Heck, I've got to be honest, you are talking to somebody who is looking for a car and, if I needed a smallish four door, the CTS-V would absolutely be on my short list. For me, I can get by with a coupe so the CTS-V sedan is not on my short list.

My wife is looking for a sedan with room for grown adults, so the CTS is off of her list in any trim level. I get the sense of pride the CTS-V gives the GM faithful, and I'm glad for you guys. But I think the guys who compare cars based on power and nothing else do the GM fan base a disservice, it makes you look out of touch as a whole and I know some of you have to 'get it'

I figured thats what you thought, This is my honest opinion
Luxury sport sedan CTS-V>M56
If you are not looking to have one of the best performing sedans in the world and are just looking for something thats a little quick and more trunk space M56 > any CTS.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:37 PM   #33
syr74
Account Suspended

Drives: Thunderbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth411 View Post
I figured thats what you thought, This is my honest opinion
Luxury sport sedan CTS-V>M56
If you are not looking to have one of the best performing sedans in the world and are just looking for something thats a little quick and more trunk space M56 > any CTS.
And there you have it.
syr74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:40 PM   #34
TahoeCamaro

Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS VR, '11 Tahoe LTZ
Syr74, if you have people in the backseat who are going to complain about how comfortable they are, they can drive themselves. Seriously. If you're that nit picky about a backseat that you'll be in for 30 minutes, just get out of my car.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:16 AM   #35
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Am I the only one who see's the OP's point

People who cross shopping between a 7 series and a S class for their.. KEYWORD "size" aren't going to look at the CTS-V.. don't matter what it can do.. or how much performance per dollar it has against the s class or 7 series... how much fun is the cts-v if you can't "fit" your grown ass friends in the back

I seen the M cars.. they are big in the back.. by the looks I be able to fit in the back and be comfortable for a 7 hour drive to Pittsburgh

I am a full sized person.. been in the back of pops CTS numerous times.. and I have an attitude everytime.. the shoulder and leg room is too cramped!!! I'm glad the next gen CTS is growing in size

If you have a family and looking at a CTS.. I recommend your kids be under the age of 15..

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon

Last edited by Muscle Master; 10-17-2010 at 12:31 AM.
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:33 AM   #36
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post

People who cross shopping between a 7 series and a S class for their.. KEYWORD "size" aren't going to look at the CTS-V.. don't matter what it can do.. or how much performance per dollar it has against the s class or 7 series... how much fun is the cts-v if you can't "fit" your grown ass friends in the back

I seen the M cars.. they are big in the back.. by the looks I be able to fit in the back and be comfortable for a 7 hour drive to Pittsburgh

I am a full sized person.. been in the back of pops CTS numerous times.. and I have an attitude everytime.. the shoulder and leg room is too cramped!!! I'm glad the next gen CTS is growing in size

If you have a family and looking at a CTS.. I recommend your kids be under the age of 15..
one of the post of reason In the thread. like the other guy was saying the m5 has more back seat space than the cts and he could see how someone would buy the m5 over the cts and that was it. honestly the cts>>>m5 exterior and performance wise for the obvious reasons
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:44 AM   #37
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
More like tragically pathetic. Seriously, we apparently have a whole sub forum worth of GM enthusiasts who literally don't understand why cars larger than the CTS exist.
Sounds like the Infinity doesn't know why sports cars exist........ Sound kinda stupid huh?

But seriously, is it a good idea to put 'Plenty of rear passenger room' in a car with 420 HP so you can kill more people?

I'm exagerating of course, but my point is valid imo.

Myself, if I want to go thrash on a fast car doing doughnuts, drifting corners, and finding my best 1320, I'm thinking rear passenger room might get me laughed at.....

If you HAVE to combine the two, maybe you should be focused more on need rather than desire.

But every make and model have their fandom............ each to their own....... I think the CTS-V is kinda stupid too. Why all the power in these passeger cars?
Old 10-17-2010, 04:33 AM   #38
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I think the CTS-V is kinda stupid too. Why all the power in these passeger cars?
lol

The question is why not?? Something about a car that looks like a family car but can haul *** is appealing to me. I have no need for a 4 door since I am not married or have kids... but when I do I for sure will be getting a fast sedan or SUV. I really want a Porsche Cayenne Turbo S and I would trade my Camaro for one right now! But I do not have $130K laying around

Back on Topic:

The only nissan/infiniti I would ever consider buying are the GTR and 370Z. If I was looking for a comparably sized car to the M56 (since the CTSV is in a smaller segment), I would pick a BMW M5. The M56 looks like Maxima with a couple different body parts.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:00 AM   #39
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
this thread makes me lol.

call me when nissan aint messing around with something that gets more then 1mpg compared to the camaro and 2 compared to my GT500...

lol. 2.5 inches.
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:32 AM   #40
Toyaholic
It's a sickness!

Drives: '69 442 Vert
Stopped in to look at the new CTS-V coupe and WOW! that thing was nice inside. One of the nicest interiors I've ever seen. Black on black with piano black wood trim. Can't snicker at 558 ponies either, that's world class power!

I like to Buy American! Next time you guys want to run out and buy a car from a foreign company, be sure to stop complaining about the state of our economy. I know, I know some foreign cars are built here and GM / Ford is built there. Still shipping all profits to other countries is NOT GOOD!

Toyaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:47 AM   #41
Jay J
Prince of Zamunda

Drives: XW30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post

The CTS feels like an M3 sedan on the inside. (space wise)...
Also Bolteon593; about the MPG's. Nissan does it with a DOHC V8...And the gears are stacked relatively within as well.
Jay J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:42 AM   #42
CombatVet0311

Drives: blk 2010 camaro 2ss l99
The caddy is a better car if you dont mind the guy in the back seat crying over two inches is what I got from this thread.

If I were cross shopping a world class sedan and its inferior slightly more spacious uglier competition, I would go with the former.

Lastly, not now or will I ever, buy a car for tens of thousands of dollars and care what my passengers think unless my passengers were my kids, and I'm sure there is plenty of space in the V for them.
CombatVet0311 is offline   Reply With Quote