Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-29-2018, 02:26 PM   #1
who-dat

Drives: 2011 1ss
Gen 5 DIY Harness

I have the Non RS to RS Headlight Harness #2 with always on Halo function. It's been working for a little over 6 months now without any problems. As of a few days ago, the right side no longer works. The left side works fine, but not on the right anymore. I can manually turn on the fog light, but headlight will not come on at all. What should I do?
who-dat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 04:59 PM   #2
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Send them a email ..ask for them to help troubleshoot they are very helpfull...could just be your Headlight ballast went out..also . Check your connection that bolts to the fuse box with that fuse ,make sure nothing came loose there as well... double check the harness and make sure nothing came loose on any connection by the inside the bumper .
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 05:00 PM   #3
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Definitely let us know what the outcome is I have that exact same harness when I did my conversion as well
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 07:36 PM   #4
anth331

Drives: 12SS
Ofer and the crew at gen5diy are the best Everytime I’ve had trouble with anything they have always came through
anth331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 09:59 PM   #5
who-dat

I emailed them. Told me to swap the relays. Problem still there. I have 2 extra bulbs/ballast so I changed them both, still problem. Changed bulb to other side, bulb works. Checked all connections, checked all wires, checked fuses, all good.

The headlight will not turn on at all anymore. Fog light does not work with DRL like it's supposed to. It only comes on with the manual switch. Basically the entire right side does not work.

Now the left side low beam stays on as the hi-beam
Old 06-30-2018, 01:21 AM   #6
Coz3z3

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2015 1LE
Have you checked the actual wiring inside the loom? If you mess with it while it's on, does it flicker at all? I had something like that happen with my HUD harness. Turned out to be the soldering. Just happened to break loose somehow, so redid it and havent had a problem since. So might want to undo the wire looms and tape to have a look at the connections since they are all custom harnesses
Coz3z3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 09:25 AM   #7
who-dat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coz3z3 View Post
Have you checked the actual wiring inside the loom? If you mess with it while it's on, does it flicker at all? I had something like that happen with my HUD harness. Turned out to be the soldering. Just happened to break loose somehow, so redid it and havent had a problem since. So might want to undo the wire looms and tape to have a look at the connections since they are all custom harnesses

Was hoping I wouldn't have to do that, but I guess that's my last option
Old 07-03-2018, 07:29 PM   #8
who-dat

Would this cause the issue? If so, what's the best way to go about fixing it?
Attached Images