Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 02-01-2013, 11:59 AM   #1
MrGs SS

Drives: 2013 Black SS/RS
Edelbrock E-Force

I have been kicking around the idea of putting an E-Force kit on my 2013-L99 this summer. I am guessing I would want to set up the top end with an LS1 type conversion, cam, springs, lifters etc, and of course a dyno tune.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this product and could offer any advice. The only other things I would probably add would be LT headers and maybe cats.

The object for me is to have a sleeper type DD, since I do drive the car most days. I dont race around or anything, but it is fun to have space shuttle acceleration available for those weak moments..

Thanks....

Performance Mods-CAI intake, APEX washer bottle relocate and scoop, Ported TB. SLP 160 degree stat, Norris Catch-can, Pfadt Tri-Y headers, BMR F/R sway bars and Arms, Corsa cat back exhaust.
Appearance Mods-Blackout kit (markers, tail lights), black tail light bezels, black chrome trunk lettering, LSR billet engine dress-up kit, sub box. Billet tensioner pulley and thermostat housing (Billetcustom), Heritage grille.

Tuned by Matt @ Florida Speed and Power
379/388 Mustang dyno
MrGs SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:19 PM   #2
Supermaro585HP
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS
I have the Edelbrock and love it. I put SLP headers with a Roto Fab CAI. I just put a 3" pulley on it with a ZL1 fuel pump. I'm at 563 at the wheel. The Edelbrock is a great supercharger and I haven't had any problems with it. It is a great choice for everyday driving. Oh I did put 60# injectors in also. You don't have to worry about doing any other work to the motor unless you want more power.
Supermaro585HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #3
MrGs SS

Drives: 2013 Black SS/RS
Very nice, did you do the work yourself?

Performance Mods-CAI intake, APEX washer bottle relocate and scoop, Ported TB. SLP 160 degree stat, Norris Catch-can, Pfadt Tri-Y headers, BMR F/R sway bars and Arms, Corsa cat back exhaust.
Appearance Mods-Blackout kit (markers, tail lights), black tail light bezels, black chrome trunk lettering, LSR billet engine dress-up kit, sub box. Billet tensioner pulley and thermostat housing (Billetcustom), Heritage grille.

Tuned by Matt @ Florida Speed and Power
379/388 Mustang dyno
MrGs SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:00 PM   #4
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79

Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White
I installed the E-Force and a LS-9/ZR-1 cam. Everything else is stock. The E-force kit is easy to install and there is a cam install thread on this web site that is super helpful. If you are doing the LS-3 conversion at the same time you will need some additional parts. I bought the E-Force from Janetty Racing so the tune is free and you DEFINATELY want the custom tune. If you are The Edelbrock supplied tune is CRAP. I have over 400 ft-lbs of torque from 2000 RPM to 5500 RPM so it is a BLAST to drive on the street. Nothing else will give you more torque at that low an RPM. It is a sleeper that makes no extra sounds or drivabillity compromises.

Well....except I do break driveshaft bolts from time to time. Lots of torque.

-Mark.
Stingr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #5
TeddyP25

Drives: 2SS
Love it.....
2SS/RS CGM/BLK GFX MN6418 Stroker.785rwhp/885lbtq.50 SHOT NO2..Pfadt arms,toe links,coilovers,swaybars,end links,engine mounts,dif/sub bushings.MGWshifter.Tick LVL 3.ARH1 7/8 LT's/ARH exhaust.ADM gauges/race CAI.E-FORCE SC.8 rib IW 10%OD.LPE dual pump/module.85lb inj,custom valve covers.RMCR tune.TOOLEY RACING CAM.JRE posi kit.JRE fuel upgrade.RX MONSTER CatchCan.DSS axels/DS.Hammerhead rear, 3:73's. WYOSPEED builthttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115687
TeddyP25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:21 PM   #6
Camaro_Custom_Painted
Choke on that causality!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I installed mine myself. I love the power and have never had any problems with it. A perfect sleeper if thats what you are after. Just ask the Corvette and Mustang owners I smoked at the track!
Edelbrock EForce - Stainless Works Headers - BMR Sways & Arms & Toe Links & Control Arm Bushings & End Links - Rotofab CAI - Assorted Interior, Exterior, Underhood Bling - Red Jewel Stripes & Full Body Clear - Lexani LX15 Wheels - JRE Fuel Rail Upgrade - Kenne Bell BAP - Heartthrob XPipe - Elite Catch Can - Pedders Cradle & Front Arm Bushings - Hotchkis Strut Brace - MSD Wires - Carbotech Brakes - DSS 1000HP Axles & Driveshaft - Mickey Thompson Tires - Halo Harness - AutoMeter A/F, Boost, Fuel Pressure Gauges - Whats Next?
Camaro_Custom_Painted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:44 PM   #7
wayner

Drives: White SSRS Convertible Edelbrock SC
Had mine for two years now and still love it.
Plenty enough power for me.Not looking for any more.
I have long tube headers and a tune.
500hp at the wheels

wayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:58 AM   #8
mntgome1

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS/RS
Perfect SC for the street / Daily Driver. I can't speak on the cam and springs as I havent done any surgery inside of the block yet. The E-Force tuned rite is a monster. Being that your here in MD hit up Tony's Corvette in Gaithersburg. One of the best tuners in the area.

B.T.W thats one clean ass ride you got there brah...
Old 02-02-2013, 07:20 AM   #9
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
If not planning on the warranty they offer for sale,like others here mentioned,don't use the canned tune. If you go with a Cam and Headers through the Corsa Exhaust you definitely won't have a sleeper. However, Eforce TVS Rotors are arguably the least whiniest of the bunch and it comes alive with headers and the right sized Blower Cam,supporting parts and Tune Would definitely suggest bigger injectors fuel pump and the JRE Eforce Fuel Rail mod if going to be adding additional mods with the Supercharger..(Oh yeah and don't forget some suspension upgrades with this extra power. At very minimum Rear Arms/Links. They will help with Wheel Hop) At 656/624 RW here now on the 3.25 pulley.
Knock on wood 16k now on the EForce. Reliable and Low/No Maintainence Put gas in it,stomp on it and hang on.
Attached Images

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:09 PM   #10
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
I installed the E-Force on my SS in 2010. I've put 17K miles on mine since the S/C was installed. No problems whatsoever. Other mods are Kooks LT headers and hi-flow cats, Jannetty fuel rail up-grade kit, ZL1 fuel pump, 72# injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, Ported TB, Dyno tune by Jeremy Formato, 1000 HP DSS axles, Spohn lower control arms, Trailing arms and Toe links.

NO CAM

546/rwhp and 522/rwtq

For me the above is enough for the street and it still gets 24 MPG on the highway. It drives like a daily driver till you hit the throttle.

2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.

Last edited by sscamaro; 03-06-2017 at 12:20 PM.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #11
ROCrMH

Drives: synergy green 2ss/rs
I had Grabiak Performance Ctr. install mine, 565 rwhp and 563 rwtq, plenty of power, nice unit, looks like its right from the factory, clean install.
ROCrMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:39 PM   #12
GEN-IV
Right Cam

Drives: 2010 LS3 / 79 Z28
Did it myself, love it!

Old 02-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #13
Joe@CPR.com
Account Suspended

Drives: 03 vette, 94 trans am, 04 gto
The e-force is a fantastic option for a roots style supercharge, super easy install and looks oem! we have installed a bunch and every customer grins from ear to ear when they feel it if you would like a price quote on one please let me know! also if you are wanting any other parts we love to build packages that save you time and money!
Joe@CPR.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:05 PM   #14
TeddyP25

Drives: 2SS
Attached Images

2SS/RS CGM/BLK GFX MN6418 Stroker.785rwhp/885lbtq.50 SHOT NO2..Pfadt arms,toe links,coilovers,swaybars,end links,engine mounts,dif/sub bushings.MGWshifter.Tick LVL 3.ARH1 7/8 LT's/ARH exhaust.ADM gauges/race CAI.E-FORCE SC.8 rib IW 10%OD.LPE dual pump/module.85lb inj,custom valve covers.RMCR tune.TOOLEY RACING CAM.JRE posi kit.JRE fuel upgrade.RX MONSTER CatchCan.DSS axels/DS.Hammerhead rear, 3:73's. WYOSPEED builthttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115687
TeddyP25 is offline   Reply With Quote