Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-24-2020, 07:44 AM   #15
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Time to change and is the second to the rear in the right have oil on it?
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 09:04 AM   #16
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
2 of them did have no points left. I daily drive this car and I'm at almost 80k.

I don't even know where to start trying to figure out why only those 2 were worn down so much.

The third on the right is not oil. I took that one out first just to look and ended up reinstalling it with stuff on the threads to prevent galling.

I'm definitely replacing them all. I also got new wires, although the wires were good before I started. No corrosion, not dry rotted, but I pulled a couple wires apart from the boot taking them off.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2020, 09:48 PM   #17
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
Finally got everything back together!

Changed plugs and wires (I was only able to find AC-Delco 41-162 instead of the OEM 41-110), inspected rockers, replaced worn and cracked front control arm bushings with Z28 control arms, and drained and filled my transmission with Mobil 1 synthetic ATF.

Managed to spill a whole quart of ATF literally on my face!

I also ended up finding out the left rear axle seal needed replaced so I tackled that and drained and refilled the differential with Mobil 1 75W90.

Everything checks out, and my idle is much smoother. I'll have to drive it around more, but I was feeling like I was getting a lot of extra wheel spin when turning from a stop. Hopefully fresh oil will help the LS work properly. Steering is tight too, the dead fluid filled bushings up front we're very noticeable.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk