Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-05-2019, 08:35 AM   #29
wasthatacop?

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry_b View Post
So I'm getting a puppy soon, actually we should be able to bring him/her home at the end of next month. I have the Camaro and my fiancee has the mustang... Not the most practical, I know.

I've got one of those rear seat taco things, and we'll see how it works in the mustang, but it won't really hang off the recaros properly since I don't have the headrests.

Those of you who daily driver the Camaro, what have you come up with? I'm just looking for ways to protect the interior and keep puppy safe when we decide to take him out for adventure and stuff.

Our puppy is a golden retriever and coming from a breeder who runs a nonprofit organization that gives their dogs away and trains them as service animals. So very mild mannered and well trained, and he might even be able to sit in a dog harness in the front seat without causing problems.

I've also been searching for a suitable 4 door sedan... But nothing really replaces the Camaro for me. I'd love to get a Chevy SS, but they're holding their value a little too well for my budget.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I use this cover that I bought off of Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Images

ZL1 factory rims
misc: drilled and slotted rotors, fresh air brake cooling system, new speakers, installed reverse camera, muffler delete
wasthatacop? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 09:21 AM   #30
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
I have had my Shih Poo in the car just to travel to and from the groomers. She LOVES cars, but the leather seats give her a lot of trouble sitting and standing. It really is not a good vehicle for pets. Barring emergency, that is the only time that will happen for any of my dogs. I will use the Cruze or Lancer if needed.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 02:25 PM   #31
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Last night my wife asked if she could drive the camaro to work today because she took our dog on a ride and hers was full of dog hair. I said sorry but I still have the drag radials on it and they are aired down to 24 psi.
StingrayblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 06:30 PM   #32
15RS2NV
Ponies are for girls

Drives: 2015 RS LFX Red Hot A6
My recommendation, get an offroad bench seat cover and make it work for the back seat. Here's why: claws will puncture seats and before you know it, they look like tears. Also, hair, hair hair! Dog hair is hard to get our of cars. I show my car, and try and keep it clean even while my service dog, Roxy, is riding with me.
H&R 1.8/1.7” drop, Overkill 80mm + intake ported by AFS, 1" insulator MACE, Accel Super Coils, THR cai, JET MAF sensor, Hurst shifter handle, GPP strut tower brace, CI ice cube tray hood vents (functional) @SemperFiCamaro
15RS2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 08:20 AM   #33
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
We have Seven dogs and four cats, and we use a rolling Vet usually with a RV to pull up out front, but the rare times I take a dog for a trip I put down a towel or have my wife hold them as they are smaller dogs which can be crated in the back.... Shedding dogs hair is a problem and sticks to me I vacuum fairly often and avoid animals as we have a truck for them mainly if we have too....
Old 09-08-2019, 06:16 PM   #34
CHRISCAM

Drives: 2013 Summit White 2SS/1LE
I don't often take him, but once in a while I'll bring my hulking brute 11 lb. Greyhuahua (Italian greyhound/ Chihuahua) Reuben.
I have cheap plain black seat covers on the front seats. I wrap his leash around the seat back to make a low-buck harness to keep him from flying around in the event of a panic stop.
He just lays on the seat and chills while we're driving.

That said, if he was a large dog who tended to slobber and scratch, I would never bring him in the Camaro.

Last edited by CHRISCAM; 09-08-2019 at 06:17 PM. Reason: corrected misspelled word
CHRISCAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 12:43 PM   #35
Rainbow1616

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
My 2 dogs don't shed. They ride with me all the time. They are well groomed and nails short. Wouldn't even consider not letting them ride in any of my cars or trucks. They are family, a car or truck is just a car or truck and can be replaced.
Rainbow1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:08 PM   #36
Jonesm24

Drives: 2012 2SS Victory Red convertible
I just use a blanket. Our Border-Doodle loves going for car rides with the top down. Being she’s a non shedder and very mild tempered makes it a lot easier though. Here’s a pic of my boy and our pup. Sorry about the sideways pic!
Attached Images

Jonesm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:13 PM   #37
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
That's awesome!

Our Golden should be a very mellow dog. I'm hoping that I'll get to cruise with him like this!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2019, 09:03 AM   #38
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
I assume cats are a no go due to their super sharp claws.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 09:27 AM   #39
LillyPinon

Drives: camaro v8
It is better to fold the last seat and put any towel or cloth on it for better protection. Many seat covers are also available in the market but you can also use this kind of back seat cover for protection. I found the following images very useful in this regard:

I usually don't take my dog with me in the car but yes, before lockdown, we were going to teach him to fetch. Yes, it is important to teach a dog to fetch like this but due to high risk of coronavirus, we are not going into parks. So, it could be a better idea if you don't carry your dog with you for protection purpose.

However, dog harness seat belt and plush carry box are the best ideas. Yes, I am not in favour of crates. Also, don't give any treat or meal to your dog during car travel.

LillyPinon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 10:16 AM   #40
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Dont do it.
Short haired dogs aren't as bad as long hairs. Had a golden and the hair is beyond fine and gets into everything meanwhile its very hard to get up.

My current is an Akita and a little more energetic depending on what she sees. Still sheds something awful in my DD and you haven't felt pain until a 120 pound dog steps on your balls while driving. We managed to stay out of the duck pond but it was a close one and apparently ducks are afraid of humans screaming out windows. Who knew?
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 11:07 AM   #41
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Mine rides shotgun or in the back. She is an older Dog and is 75 lbs of muscle but doesn’t move around much, so not worried about scratches or messes. My Camaro is a DD and I bought it to use not as a museum
2014 SS LS3/LSA Supercharger, 10% Super Damper, 2.55 upper, AGP Dual Pump, ID 1050 injectors, Pegasus solid rear cradle bushings, LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite E2 catch can, E85 corn fed, 160 Thermostat, Monster Twin Disk, MGW Short Throw shifter, Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, HP Tuners, JL Audio system.
Valkyrie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 11:37 AM   #42
hudson773
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 camaro SS
kid
Attached Images

hudson773 is offline   Reply With Quote