Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 07-29-2012, 05:42 PM   #2045
Black Cami

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Got a question for all you nebraska camaro owners. Has anyone powder coated their rims? Curious if anyone in Omaha can recommend a shop and how much this would run me. Thanks for the info!
Black Cami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:08 PM   #2046
TheRealMcCoy

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cami View Post
Got a question for all you nebraska camaro owners. Has anyone powder coated their rims? Curious if anyone in Omaha can recommend a shop and how much this would run me. Thanks for the info!
Go to Trail Performance Coatings. They're located in Papillion. Here's their website: http://trailperformance.com/
They did an AMAZING job on my wheels. I think it cost almost $500, but that was higher because I went with a matte black face and gloss black lip. Here's a crappy cell phone pic
Attached Images

Old 07-30-2012, 08:01 AM   #2047
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4LIFE View Post
Exactly.

We actually moved it back to the fall. Decided to have a fall wedding. Our new day is October 27th 2012. We changed the day about a month b4 the wedding. Then were going to Walt Disney World for the honeymoon.

Were SUPER excited about it tho! My dad has the Melon/Pumpkin stand on Hwy 2 between Cairo and Ravenna and has a big assortment of things for decorations. 24 different varieties of squash and gourds, 14 different varieties of pumpkins. So should be quite colorful.

We are also getting a SS here hopefully soon. Its going to be kinda our wedding present to ourselves. So we will both be in Camaros. She will have the new car most of the time. She really wanted one
Sounds like fun! And it will be cooler, those bridal dresses can get hot!!! Can't wait to see the new Camaro. You should take them both to the wedding site so you can get pictures.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:07 PM   #2048
Black Cami

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMcCoy View Post
Go to Trail Performance Coatings. They're located in Papillion. Here's their website: http://trailperformance.com/
They did an AMAZING job on my wheels. I think it cost almost $500, but that was higher because I went with a matte black face and gloss black lip. Here's a crappy cell phone pic
How does the matte black compare to rims that have been plasti-dipped? I don't want to get into the habit of re-applying plastidip to my rims every 6 months. Although it is super cheap compared to going the powder coat direction.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #2049
TheRealMcCoy

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cami View Post
How does the matte black compare to rims that have been plasti-dipped? I don't want to get into the habit of re-applying plastidip to my rims every 6 months. Although it is super cheap compared to going the powder coat direction.
I plasti-dipped my stock wheels just to see how the black looked on my car, and they looked ok. Definitely didn't look as good as the matte black powder coat though. And I only had them on for a couple days so I don't know how durable the plasti-dip it is. But I would say it is definitely worth the money to just get it done right the first time and powder coat them.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:40 PM   #2050
nebchevy

Drives: 2011 2SS SGM Camaro
Hey, just wanted to say hi to all my camaro buds out there..... got a promotion so i have been living in a hotel and trying to sell my house out west to move to Omaha. Hope you all are having a great summer, cant wait to get my house and car to Omaha and start going to some events.
nebchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:20 AM   #2051
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebchevy View Post
Hey, just wanted to say hi to all my camaro buds out there..... got a promotion so i have been living in a hotel and trying to sell my house out west to move to Omaha. Hope you all are having a great summer, cant wait to get my house and car to Omaha and start going to some events.
Congrats! And we don't have an SG in our group so that will be even better!
Old 07-31-2012, 04:39 PM   #2052
Black Cami

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMcCoy View Post
I plasti-dipped my stock wheels just to see how the black looked on my car, and they looked ok. Definitely didn't look as good as the matte black powder coat though. And I only had them on for a couple days so I don't know how durable the plasti-dip it is. But I would say it is definitely worth the money to just get it done right the first time and powder coat them.
I plasti-dipped my rims about 4 months ago and they are holding up pretty good so far. Its just when the brake dust gets on them it really turns the black to a nasty brown. And its hard to wash off without making a mess or messing up the dip on the rims. Thanks for the info!!
Old 07-31-2012, 04:39 PM   #2053
Black Cami

Is anyone going to the car show in Norfolk, NE this weekend?
Old 08-01-2012, 11:24 PM   #2054
*KissMySS*13
GM4LIFE is my other half

Drives: Soon to be 2013 Camaro 2SS RS
Hello! I am new to Camaro5 as a member, but some of you may know me as Kent's (GM4LIFE) fiancé, Sara. Our new car is expected to get here early next week so we are really excited.

Kent already has window tint scheduled, muffler delete scheduled, and new all season tires ordered.
*KissMySS*13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:11 AM   #2055
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
Welcome to the club Sara
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:12 AM   #2056
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KissMySS*13 View Post
Hello! I am new to Camaro5 as a member, but some of you may know me as Kent's (GM4LIFE) fiancé, Sara. Our new car is expected to get here early next week so we are really excited.

Kent already has window tint scheduled, muffler delete scheduled, and new all season tires ordered.
Hoorah! Welcome, can't wait to see your new baby and hope all goes well at the wedding!
Old 08-02-2012, 01:15 PM   #2057
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmpackers View Post
Hoorah! Welcome, can't wait to see your new baby and hope all goes well at the wedding!
Holy crap??? Sara's pregnant????
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:26 PM   #2058
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Welcome, Sara.