Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 1st & 2nd Generation Camaros

Old 05-02-2016, 11:16 AM   #29
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
Lynn everything I've ever read and seen refers to Yenko SUPER Car, not SPORTS car. Even the Yenko site is called the SUPERCAR Registry.

http://www.yenko.net/
It might be Sports Car as Yenko also sold Porsches & other Brands
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 05:24 AM   #30
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Well in the context of the OP's question (and thanks to Chevrolet't penchant for alliteration),if you really want to split hairs it is a Yenko Super Camaro, which in '69 a lot started as COPO's that were given the Super Car treatment/ upgrades at Yenko. No doubt when the logo appeared on the Nova's it was Yenko Super Car.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:31 PM   #31
Lynn Yenko

Drives: Camaro, Dodge Dart, Honda Civic
Response to message on SYC standing Yenko Supercars

Hi,
The Yenko sport car club, which is what the club that was originally formed by Yenko supercar owners is not my father's organization. This was formed in 2001 & embraced by our family as a good idea. Tom Cleary was the organizer. He saw the need for the Yenko owners to have a meet & greet and a forum to race their street legal vehicles. Don Yenko was all about making street legal, factory warranted, & insurable vehicles for the guy next door, not rich playboys, who are the only ones that can afford the COPOs today that are not street legal. This is diametrically opposed to his legacy. My father, Don Yenko, had the logo SYC that stood for Yenko Sports Cars. Any other meaning for SYC belongs to someone else. Someone purposed that SYC should stand for 'Steal Your Concept.' If anyone has followed the progress of what has happened in the Yenko venues, this may be the more appropriate application of the logo today. This seems to be going quite frequently in this day & age.
Lynn Yenko
Lynn Yenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:39 PM   #32
Lynn Yenko

Drives: Camaro, Dodge Dart, Honda Civic
When my father was alive, he owned several franchises. TC Davis appropriately stated that he also sold Porsches. To be exact, he had Porsche, Audi, Fiat, Saab, Subaru, Honda, & Chevrolet as franchises, but only modified Chevys through GM during his racing years.
Lynn Yenko
Lynn Yenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:58 AM   #33
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

NOTE: the OP was asking about COPO and/or Yenko first gen Camaros. As I stated, when the sYc logo appeared I always saw "Yenko Super Car" referenced, once again as it pertains to 1st gen. Camaros. Also loosely Yenko Super Camaro, or Yenko Super Chevelle, until that pesky Nova came along, had to call it Super Car or change the logo!

Lynn maybe you should contact the folks at wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Yenko

"This limited series of cars sometimes began to take the name "sYc" (standing for Yenko Super Car), after the graphics found on the hoods and seat rests."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yenko_Camaro

"Yenko rounded out the visual package with front and rear spoilers, a cowl-induction hood, special "Yenko 427" badges, twin stripes down the flanks and hood, (not with all cars however), and the sYc (Yenko Super Car) badge, (again, not with all cars)"

Last edited by MLL67RSSS; 05-24-2016 at 10:18 AM.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:26 AM   #34
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Maybe this helps, Yenko Sportscars Inc. made Yenko Super Cars (note Sportscars is one word). But again, always thought the sYc stood for Yenko Super Car when it comes to the first gen Camaros that the OP was inquiring about. Did any other car modified by Yenko other than the '69 427, Camaro's, Chevelle's , and Nova's have the sYc logo? Also note that the '70 LT-1 350 Nova Yenko Deuce did not have sYc logos. Gonna have to go with the vintage advert., 427 cars with Yenko SC stripes and sYc logo being called Yenko Super Cars.
Attached Images

Last edited by MLL67RSSS; 05-24-2016 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:21 PM   #35
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
NOTE: the OP was asking about COPO and/or Yenko first gen Camaros. As I stated, when the sYc logo appeared I always saw "Yenko Super Car" referenced, once again as it pertains to 1st gen. Camaros. Also loosely Yenko Super Camaro, or Yenko Super Chevelle, until that pesky Nova came along, had to call it Super Car or change the logo!

"This limited series of cars sometimes began to take the name "sYc" (standing for Yenko Super Car), after the graphics found on the hoods and seat rests."

"Yenko rounded out the visual package with front and rear spoilers, a cowl-induction hood, special "Yenko 427" badges, twin stripes down the flanks and hood, (not with all cars however), and the sYc (Yenko Super Car) badge, (again, not with all cars)"
You know how Wiki Works? Anybody can put content in there whether it is right or wrong!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 06:18 PM   #36
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:

With all due respect, are you really suggesting Wikipedia is a more legitimate source of information than the knowledge from Don Yenko's own daughter?

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 07:55 AM   #37
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
You know how Wiki Works? Anybody can put content in there whether it is right or wrong!
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
With all due respect, are you really suggesting Wikipedia is a more legitimate source of information than the knowledge from Don Yenko's own daughter?
Quote:
Quoted myself. Yes I know how wiki works. That is why I suggested that. If it is wrong and they are misrepresenting what her father did, then she should contact them and have it corrected. Simple as that.

Last edited by MLL67RSSS; 06-29-2016 at 08:16 AM.