Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 07-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #29
bluBlud

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Tom View Post
Did everyone actually detach the negative side of the battery cable before installing? Just wondering if this resets everything--radio, auto window drop down, etc. Thanks.
I did not, mostly because I had the same question. Checked with a buddy who's been building cars for decades and trusted his opinion when he said not necessary.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #30
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Tom View Post
Did everyone actually detach the negative side of the battery cable before installing? Just wondering if this resets everything--radio, auto window drop down, etc. Thanks.
Like the above poster said, not needed.

I have my 1LE separator & RX Monster Catch Can because I'm slightly more rwhp & also supercharged, but nonetheless it's an awesome combo that works great.

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:38 PM   #31
lvrtrnsplnt

Drives: 2012 LT2 Camaro Convertable
might be asking on the wrong post, but how does the Clean side breather cap and hose hook up too ? or has anyone posted a written pictorial on this part of it?
The info from elite was superb and truly has caught my eye.
lvrtrnsplnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:58 PM   #32
ICTsccaCamaro
ITCRNRS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Just installed our elite gen2 can tonight and have been running our 1le oil separator since day one, going to be alot happier with this then our RX can we had on our RS horrible drain valve, so ready to just unscrew the bottom of the can and clean it out.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:36 AM   #33
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvrtrnsplnt View Post
might be asking on the wrong post, but how does the Clean side breather cap and hose hook up too ? or has anyone posted a written pictorial on this part of it?
The info from elite was superb and truly has caught my eye.
You'll remove the line from your intake to valve cover, plug the nipple on the valve cover, replace your oil cap with the separator and run that line to the nipple on your intake system. Super simple install really. There are some pics floating around here somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICTsccaCamaro View Post
Just installed our elite gen2 can tonight and have been running our 1le oil separator since day one, going to be alot happier with this then our RX can we had on our RS horrible drain valve, so ready to just unscrew the bottom of the can and clean it out.
Yeah, gotta love the easy draining method of the Elite cans. No mess and easy to inspect the contents.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:47 AM   #34
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
I have the Apex can, which is large and appears well built and designed. It has a large quantity of stainless steel coils to condense the vapors. I get significant amounts of oil despite using both the Apex can and the 1LE oil separator.

The Apex can interferes with the bend in the oil separator to intake plumbing. The mounting bracket is easily bent toward the fuse box to allow for clearance.
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote