Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-17-2009, 06:55 AM   #15
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB2010CC View Post
As previously stated both of those functions work with the 3GS. The only problem I have is that when you plug the iPhone into the USB port and bring up the iPod function it will not give you the iPod controls. It just has a screen that says iPhone Docked or something like that. Anybody else have this problem?
That is not a problem.It is working the way it is supposed to work.

1100 - 10/22/2008
3000 - 05/27/2009
3300 - 06/06/2009
3800 - 06/29/2009
4B00 - 06/29/2009

Warehouse 13 survivor

Blood stains,speed kills,fast cars,cheap thrills,rich women,fine wine,i lost my sense i lost control i lost my
mind.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:39 AM   #16
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB2010CC View Post
As previously stated both of those functions work with the 3GS. The only problem I have is that when you plug the iPhone into the USB port and bring up the iPod function it will not give you the iPod controls. It just has a screen that says iPhone Docked or something like that. Anybody else have this problem?
My iPhone and iPod do this with any accesory I plug them into. With the one exception of the aftermarket Pioneer I have in my FJ I can set the option for control to the deck or the phone (which still allows me to change tracks and adjust volume through the deck still, but navigating your music much fast on the iPhone rather than scrolling the long way with the deck). Either way I still have access to the rest of the features on the phone. Also, I do believe if your streaming audio via Bluetooth, you won't have the problem witth the accessory connected screen At least I don't when I connect to my other utooh accessories like wireless headphones.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:19 AM   #17
Lord Grey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Not trying to necropost or anything, but.... Does anyone know if the Camaro cuts off the power to the USB port after the car is cut off? I'm wondering if leaving an iPod attached via USB will cause a (car) battery drain or not. Does anyone know?
Lord Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:40 AM   #18
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
AT&T Navigator also works over Bluetooth. You can even play music while you navigate. Whenever the navigation voice prompts come on over the car speakers it just pauses your music then resumes once the nav prompt is over. Pretty cool feature.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:18 AM   #19
BrandonGoodman

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Grey View Post
Not trying to necropost or anything, but.... Does anyone know if the Camaro cuts off the power to the USB port after the car is cut off? I'm wondering if leaving an iPod attached via USB will cause a (car) battery drain or not. Does anyone know?
I believe there is no power to the USB port when the car is not running. I leave my ipod permanently connected in my car.
7/18/09 bought it off another dealer's lot

Prior:
1984 305 Camaro
1997 5.7L Z28 Camaro
BrandonGoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:22 AM   #20
Lord Grey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonGoodman View Post
I believe there is no power to the USB port when the car is not running. I leave my ipod permanently connected in my car.
Great, thanks!
Lord Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:20 PM   #21
Camaro400

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Auto
FYI...when the iPhone3Gs gets the 3.1 update, we will be able to use the voice control feature of the iPhone through the Bluetooth of the car! We won't have to create voice tags anymore. Just speak the persons name and the car will use the voice control of the phone and call that person via Bluetooth. The update is supposed to be out within the next 4 weeks. That will be cool!
Camaro400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:50 AM   #22
BrandonGoodman

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Camaro
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro400 View Post
FYI...when the iPhone3Gs gets the 3.1 update, we will be able to use the voice control feature of the iPhone through the Bluetooth of the car! We won't have to create voice tags anymore. Just speak the persons name and the car will use the voice control of the phone and call that person via Bluetooth. The update is supposed to be out within the next 4 weeks. That will be cool!
I believe this voice control functionality will only be available to 3GS owners. So don't get your hopes up 2G & 3G iPhone owners
7/18/09 bought it off another dealer's lot

Prior:
1984 305 Camaro
1997 5.7L Z28 Camaro
BrandonGoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:30 AM   #23
Jody89c

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Can anyone offer some help to a rookie? I paired my Iphone 3Gs with my 2010 Camaro (I love this car), but I can't get it to play my music over the Bluetooth connection...Do I need to enable this feature somehow? The phone works great, but in order to play music - it needs to be plugged into the USB. I called the GM support line and they said that it is not possible, but it looks like some people on here were able to do it.......

Thanks!~
Jody89c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:32 PM   #24
hollywoodjose

Drives: 2010 Black 1LT
i havent tryed synching it through bluetooth so that if someone calls i can answer from the steering wheel has anyone done that yet?
i got the 3gs btw
hollywoodjose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:04 AM   #25
codeman71
GM Employee

Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody89c View Post
Can anyone offer some help to a rookie? I paired my Iphone 3Gs with my 2010 Camaro (I love this car), but I can't get it to play my music over the Bluetooth connection...Do I need to enable this feature somehow? The phone works great, but in order to play music - it needs to be plugged into the USB. I called the GM support line and they said that it is not possible, but it looks like some people on here were able to do it.......

Thanks!~
Yeah it's def. possible. I don't know why our support line would tell you otherwise. This is our first car that does support this, so they're probably just very used to telling people it's not possible and moving on to the next caller. Hopefully we'll get that fixed soon.

So, to set it up, you get to the Aux input (it'll probably say Aux Jack Out) and then press the menu button. The Bluetooth menu will come up and then go to add device and follow the screens to get it set up. The BT interface isn't quite as nice as the USB one, but you don't have to plug in anything, which is nice. Over BT, you don't get to see any metadata or get to choose your songs. With other devices you can skip forward and backward tracks, but Apple hasn't supported that feature just yet over BT. I would imagine that in a future software version they would add this in.

I'd love to hear your feedback on this once you get it set up.

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:08 AM   #26
BB_Yellow2010

Drives: 2010 2SS RS L99 Rally Yellow
Thats awesome! I just bought my second iPhone, a 3GS this time, and my car should be here in a few weeks!
Old 08-28-2009, 06:05 AM   #27
glambert1
HOMER

Drives: 2010 camaro 2LT RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodjose View Post
i havent tryed synching it through bluetooth so that if someone calls i can answer from the steering wheel has anyone done that yet?
i got the 3gs btw
yes when someone calls the cell phone rings and the car rings and music volume drops you can answer with the steering wheel or the phone , any time you get in your car if you have your iphone with you your phone will sink and you dont have to do anything it will work if you get a call . You do have to sink the music connect service each time you get in your car to stream music via bluetooth though. Once you sink the first time , the gmconnect phone service on your iphone you should never have to do it again. I have streamed music to my car from 25 feet away before
Old 08-28-2009, 08:07 AM   #28
Jody89c

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Codeman71 -

Thank you very much for the help! That was really easy and it now works great. I really like being able to control the Ipod from the car radio, so I think for now I will just continue to use the USB cable. Hopefully there is an update to the Iphone in the future that will allow for Bluetooth streaming to be controlled the same as the USB plug in.

GM really did hit a Home Run with this vehicle as well as the Technology that is included in it. I hope that more people give this car (and GM) a real look when considering to buy a new vehicle!

Thanks again~
Jody89c is offline   Reply With Quote