Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-10-2018, 12:49 PM   #1
Troublemc

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2ss, 1998 Corvette 6.0
6.0 ls turbo engine issue

First off it's not a Camaro, sorry! I don't know where else to go for help... I'm having issues with my 93 mustang notch with a 6.0 lkq and has a 72mm turbo. The car was running great last week but I noticed a little vacuum leak around the intake. So I removed the intake and replace the seals then reinstalled everything. Now the afr gauge reads 14.6-14.9 all the time even under boost. It obviously doesn't run well under load but idles fine. The car never did this till I changed the intake gaskets. Any ideas why the afr gauge and car is thinking it's at idle all the time?
Troublemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 08:18 PM   #2
scv_guy

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Do you have HP tuners? Can you log to see that's happening. Without that your just guessing, it's not going into PE. Is it an SD tune or MAF?
scv_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:30 PM   #3
Rem0v3r

Drives: 2013 ss2 vert l99
1. Check and double check that you reconnected everything including sensors and fuel injectors (especially the fuel injectors). Vacuum lines etc.
The tune didn't change.. if you were getting power enrichment before then you should be getting it now.

I'm assuming you didn't remove the exhaust manifolds or do anything to create possible air leaks in the exhaust.

I'll also assume you didn't mess with the wiring of the afr guage..

I'd start with the injectors, check the wires then let it idle and listen to each one to make sure they're clicking open and closed.

I wouldn't do much/any more wot pulls till you figure it out.
Rem0v3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 10:55 AM   #4
Troublemc

Yes I double and triple checked all the injectors, wiring and vacuum lines. I even pulled the intake off again to see if I missed something. Everything seems right. I checked for codes and did have a p0327 which is knock sensor. The knock sensors are under the intake and we're never plugged in since I pulled the intake off the first time. There's not even a wiring harness going to them
Old 06-11-2018, 10:57 AM   #5
Troublemc

Also I did just buy the hp tuners software but haven't figured out how to use it yet