Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-25-2017, 05:17 PM   #43
rfopt

Drives: 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzzed View Post
In theory, maybe. But in the real world, my foot would never be able to simulate the response of the VTC. That said, yes you will use more fuel because you will be driving around like a maniac after the VTC is installed.
I agree. Pressing the pedal is not same. Perhaps an even easier way for one see the big impact of the VTC is to go completely the other way on the economy EC7 setting. It takes forever for the car to get up to speed after you pressed the pedal a certain distance.

I've had mine for over 2 years and no problems, however, I only have an intake, axleback exhaust and a tune. My preferred setting for my manual transmssion car is SP4, (sometimes SP5depending on my mood). This is the best bang for the buck mod, by far, IMO.

I read a post from Vitesse on the corvette forum claiming that their device completely remaps the throttle position sensor. They also say the device reduces the lag but doesn't completely eliminate it (which I can notice as well) as a little bit of lag keeps the car drivable.
rfopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 06:34 PM   #44
Aug

Drives: 2014 2SS MT, Convertible
i had a 2014 2LT V6 automatic. I tried the ported TB, could not tell the difference. I installed the VTC, sure, made a bog difference. But what I didn't like was that it resulted in shift points changing, shifted at higher RPMs. I think not only does the VTC reduce the lag, but must also trick the computer into thinking you are pressing further down on the throttle. So, FF a year later I sold the V6 and bout my 2SS manual transmission. Had a tune, nice. installed the VTC - WOW! the car is fun fun fun. Set at sp7. I KNOW i don't press the throttle down much to get it to move compared to no throttle controller. Didn't like it on the V6 automatic but LOVE it on my SS manual. Never had any codes with it on either car.
Aug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 08:48 PM   #45
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Ported throttlebody is a real, measurable performance improvement modification resulting in improved performance. The VTC is just an electronic device that tricks the ecu into quicker reactions, a perceived improvement, not a measurable one.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 09:20 PM   #46
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
Ported throttlebody is a real, measurable performance improvement modification resulting in improved performance. The VTC is just an electronic device that tricks the ecu into quicker reactions, a perceived improvement, not a measurable one.

Youre absolutely right about the TB, You're kinda right about the VTC. It doesn't trick anything. It actually makes the motor respond quicker when you push the accelerator. Depending on where you set the VTC (0 being off, 1-9 9 being very quick) dictates the response time. NO MORE, NO LESS.

Honestly, it adds a huge fun component to the driving experience FIRST, with maybe an added reaction time you can easily achieve with a good AM TB.

This is an opinion of someone who has used both and I like the VTC because I can set it to zero and drive smoothly or I can crank it up and drive like my hair is on fire.

I liked the TB because it was consistent and gave you few, very few, more HP. But when once you're pushing over 450 or so RWHP, who GAF?

I have no idea why I'm still posting on this thread. I do not own stock in VTC or any after market TB companies unless Bo White has gone public. LOL.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote