Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-24-2010, 07:41 AM   #43
IPS Brandon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS black
Send a message via AIM to IPS Brandon
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekid96 View Post
Easy, the one that has parts available for their customers...
Pete you're all right (and to members please realize this is not a flame war of any sort, merely a salt thrown over the shoulder).

In perspective this is like a Verizon versus At&t debate for cell phone service, but in the Camaro suspension market.

Time and results will settle all debates (usually for the rational), so to not "hurt" to many feelings let us rejoice in the competitive nature in both companies, and top notch Pfadt products

Pete if the Pedders parts are moving at the rate claimed, maybe try to get the products out of East Asia faster...

Regards

Last edited by IPS Brandon; 04-24-2010 at 07:55 AM.
IPS Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:22 AM   #44
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Jesus Christ.

Okay - after taking a deep breath and revising the message I almost sent, let me say that if the posts don't start cleaning up, this thread is going bye-bye. I can appreciate some fun sh*t talking, but this is starting to get rediculous. I'm hoping I'm looking into it too much, but if not

How about this thread turn around into trying to get all these companies together for a common shootout in the near future. No excuses. No BS. I love in the information I'm getting from this Section, but these threads are starting to turn into a bunch of bickering, and this is not going to contine. Please don't make the Admin'/Mods' take away as valuable resource as these threads. There are too many good products for us not to have knowledge of, but this is going to stop now

Respectfully...
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:06 AM   #45
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
So how is the weather out your way?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:17 AM   #46
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
My weather is great!! Perfect weather to watch the grape vines grow in all the vineyards around my house.

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:29 AM   #47
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPS Brandon View Post
Pete you're all right (and to members please realize this is not a flame war of any sort, merely a salt thrown over the shoulder).

In perspective this is like a Verizon versus At&t debate for cell phone service, but in the Camaro suspension market.

Regards
Brandon,

Aaron is a class act. I would have him to the house for dinner any time he is in the area. He and I agreed that we would bang heads hard for business and not to cheap shot each other. We also agreed to watch our people and Dealers. If either of us felt things were not being done right, we would call each other to resolve it. So far so good. Hard fought fight, no below the belt punches, maybe a blow or two right at the bell, but nothing we can't live with. Life and business are both good.

I am sure you and I will meet. Hopefully we develop a relationship too. I'll be happy to buy the first beer. You never know, by the time dinner is over you could see the light and become a Pedders Dealer.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:34 AM   #48
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Brandon,

Aaron is a class act. I would have him to the house for dinner any time he is in the area. He and I agreed that we would bang heads hard for business and not to cheap shot each other. We also agreed to watch our people and Dealers. If either of us felt things were not being done right, we would call each other to resolve it. So far so good. Hard fought fight, no below the belt punches, maybe a blow or two right at the bell, but nothing we can't live with. Life and business are both good.

I am sure you and I will meet. Hopefully we develop a relationship too. I'll be happy to buy the first beer. You never know, by the time dinner is over you could see the light and become a Pedders Dealer.
Lets show him the light in Ohio!! lol

mike
dms
Old 04-24-2010, 12:12 PM   #49
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
I'd really like to see the test on a stock car with stock tires. What suspension components will be tested? You can't have one guy come with springs and sways and another come with coilovers, sways, and bushings...everyone needs to be on an equal playing field.
We did that with Xa coilovers and radius bush inserts with Nickey last year. We ran in Joliet at the Autobahn using a completely stock new Camaro. We ran on OE tires and wheels to establish the baseline. The driver was the head instructor at the course. With the benchmark lap established we pulled into the garage and installed the Xa coilovers and radius bush inserts. Same car, same tires, same driver same day, virtually identical track conditions and the results were just over a 2 second reduction in lap times.

Because our built Camaro is so fast around the track the first benchmark test keeps slipping into a dark corner. We know that a full Pedders suspension is good for just over three full seconds. We know that we pull 1.38 Gs on street tire on a road course. That is what it is.

Here is the other item that constantly gets lost. Pedders does NOT make race parts. We make street part that are quiet with a civil ride that you'll love to drive every day. A Camaro is not a race car. It never will be unless you build one from scratch using a body in white. What you can build from a production car is a VERY fast street car that runs exceptionally well at a race track. Think about a F1 car. It weighs 1,500 pounds. It has HUGE the rubber. For a Camaro to have the same weight to tire ratio it would need TWO AND ONE HALF TIMES THE AMOUNT OF RUBBER A F1 CAR RUNS. Ain't gonna happen.

With less wheel and tire running the same relative coil / damper rates as the F1 car the Camaro would be ridiculously over sprung and over damped. It would chatter and slide in a hard corner running over most any imperfection in the track surface. It would over heat the tires and get lower on every lap as they melted into grease balls, but it would corner flat and look good in a video.

This is where Pedders STREET parts come into play. By being softer than what most would consider race parts, there is sufficient compliance for the suspension to work with the limited wheel and tire packages dictated by the OE body work. Pedders has a long history of racing in AU, but we sell to the street driving enthusiasts that want their handling to be track like, but with a daily driver comfortable ride. It is all about YOUR driving experience.

Let's assume that two companies had identical stellar track times. The cars drove great on track. Which suspension should you buy? You should buy the suspension that delivers the best daily driver ride quality. That is why we ALWAYS encourage you to take a ride in a Pedderised car before you buy. The eye popping numbers from the track are great, but it is the daily driver qualities (quiet, smooth, comfortable) that help you make you buying decision!

DRIVE BEFORE YOU BUY!
Old 04-24-2010, 04:06 PM   #50
IPS Brandon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS black
Send a message via AIM to IPS Brandon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
Lets show him the light in Ohio!! lol

mike
dms
Stop on by , I drink Guinness

This is just good ole fashion competition here, and I respect Pete and Mike, and the company and products they represent, although I am making an assumption (and god knows that it is dangerous to make rational assumptions these days) I believe they have a the same mutual feeling. So no worries Mr. Moderator

Regards
IPS Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:00 PM   #51
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Thanks everyone
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:57 PM   #52
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I'll add my 2 cents, though I in no way claim to be an authority. In fact, I'm very much a noob at this mod stuff.

I recently had a suspension mod done to my car and the whole process came down to 2 major factors for me: 1) what will I be doing with my car and 2) budget.

As far as what I use my car for, I don't anticipate ever seriously racing. I might take it to a track one day just to drive it without worrying about a speeding ticket. I have no dilusions of being a competitive racer. (That isn't what I bought my Camaro for.) I will be doing street driving, but I want to look good/sound good while doing it. So, I wanted to drop the car a bit for appearance, but also so it would handle better on the twisties.

As for budget, if I'd had unlimited funds, I could have gone hog wild with coilovers and other hardware. However, I wanted to save some money for other mods. If you are doing only street driving, those things may not be necessary. I found a very good bang-for-the-buck was the Pfadt Sport Suspension+ for my needs, so that's what I had installed. The car looks better and corners better. I had that suspesion installed for under $1500 and I'm very happy with the results. The folks at IPS Motorsporsts and at Pfadt were really great about answering all my questions and helping me choose a suspension that was right for me and my budget. With the money I saved, I'm able to have my headers and exhaust installed this year as well.

Modding these cars is great fun, but we all know it can cost a lot of money. I sometimes have to remind myself that I should always keep in mind how I'll use my car before spending my hard-earned money on it.

I do love to see the cars with the best of the best installed for racing and I love reading and watching how you mod your cars. Keep it up!
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:02 PM   #53
Beauwulf

Drives: '10 LT RS A6 & '04 Acura RSX Type S
Quote:
Originally Posted by NXC1978 View Post
That is soo awesome, any more pics like of the rear end??
Here's the only one I have ATM... may have to wait for some of the V8s to post photos of their view from the autocross! hehe!

Old 04-24-2010, 07:45 PM   #54
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPS Brandon View Post
This is just good ole fashion competition here, and I respect Pete and Mike, and the company and products they represent, although I am making an assumption (and god knows that it is dangerous to make rational assumptions these days) I believe they have a the same mutual feeling. So no worries Mr. Moderator

Regards
Absolutely.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:09 AM   #55
Info@PeddersUSA.com

I totally agree!! Pete and I will convert you!! LOL

mike
dms
Old 04-26-2010, 09:12 AM   #56
NXC1978

Drives: 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauwulf View Post
Here's the only one I have ATM... may have to wait for some of the V8s to post photos of their view from the autocross! hehe!

Thanks! I'll bet it drives as amazing as it looks!
NXC1978 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suspension camarofest