Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 01-30-2013, 09:52 AM   #1
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Drives: 1994 1LE / 2006 Z51 Corvette
--RELEASE-- Camaro ZL1 Racing pads from LG Motorsports and Cobalt

--RELEASE--

LG Motorsports is proud to bring you Cobalt Racing Technology pads for your Camaro ZL1

If you are going to be tracking your new Camaro ZL1 you will need a better pad on the car than the OEM equipment. For those tracks hard on brakes as well as experienced drivers are going to find the factory brake pads are just not up to the task of repeated hard use of the brake pedal.

We at LG Motorsports have chosen the best for our own race cars with Cobalt Friction Technologies (Cobalt Racing Brakes) brake pads. We have been using Cobalt pads on our own race cars since 2006 and have not used anything else on them since! Easy on rotors, great initial bite, and awesome wear rates make them the best pads on the market today.

We have fitments for the SS, ZL1, OEM Corvette brakes as well as almost any other aftermarket BBK kit on the market today. Talk to your sales rep for details on what compounds would be right for your setup.
Anthony @ LG Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:26 PM   #2
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Are they high met or low met linings? Any quick information on them as far as temperature etc.? I am thinking of going to Carbotechs since those I have experience with but heard about these from a few guys, have you guys ever used Carbotechs?
Old 02-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #3
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
Are they high met or low met linings? Any quick information on them as far as temperature etc.? I am thinking of going to Carbotechs since those I have experience with but heard about these from a few guys, have you guys ever used Carbotechs?
Every person I have changed over to Cobalt from Carbotech pads as never EVER asked for CarboTech's again.

Temp and torque curves change depending on compound...
Old 02-04-2013, 01:36 PM   #4
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Some video from COTA this weekend.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275054
Old 02-10-2013, 11:08 AM   #5
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
I'm looking to upgrade from my Hawk HP-Plus pads that I swap out for racing. My friend runs the Cobalts on his Z06 and told me to check them out.

What Colbalt pad combo is recommended for a suspension modded 2010 SS for mixed auto-x and track use. I'd like to go a bit agressive without excessive wear on the rotors.

Can you please PM me pricing also?

Thanks,
Tom
Vengeance Kaotik Cam, C.A.I., ARH LT, Pypes Cat Back, ZL1 Shifter+2012LS3VERT bushing, Quantum Brake Ducts, JDP Tow Hook Scorch Yellow Trim Kit, Shark Fin, AAC DRLs+ABLs+SMDs, ZTA Rear Spoiler, R.Y. 1LE Splitter. Pfadt coilovers, camber plates, trailing arms, Pegasus Solid Subframe. Pedders ZL1 barz, radius arm & steering rack bushings. BMR adjustable toe-rods. Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace. ZL1 GMPP Driveline Upgrade. TurnOne P/S pump. CTS-V 6 pistons.
447 HP @ 6180 RPM / 418 TQ @ 5100 RPM

Last edited by Avalnch; 02-10-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:35 AM   #6
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalnch View Post
I'm looking to upgrade from my Hawk HP-Plus pads that I swap out for racing. My friend runs the Cobalts on his Z06 and told me to check them out.

What Colbalt pad combo is recommended for a suspension modded 2010 SS for mixed auto-x and track use. I'd like to go a bit agressive without excessive wear on the rotors.

Can you please PM me pricing also?

Thanks,
Tom
I would run XR1's on the front and XR3's on the rear....that is what we had on Lou's ZL1 when we went to COTA (see the testing video).

Some of the great things about Cobalt is the great wear rates, bite when they are cold and excellent pedal modulation. Hell of a pad, I don't think you would ever go back to Hawks again for track work.

PM coming with pricing!
Old 02-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #7
Avalnch

Thanks Anthony,

I do a lot more auto-x than track, will this setup be good?

I noticed that your website didn't have the XR3 pads listed for the Gen5 Camaro application.
Vengeance Kaotik Cam, C.A.I., ARH LT, Pypes Cat Back, ZL1 Shifter+2012LS3VERT bushing, Quantum Brake Ducts, JDP Tow Hook Scorch Yellow Trim Kit, Shark Fin, AAC DRLs+ABLs+SMDs, ZTA Rear Spoiler, R.Y. 1LE Splitter. Pfadt coilovers, camber plates, trailing arms, Pegasus Solid Subframe. Pedders ZL1 barz, radius arm & steering rack bushings. BMR adjustable toe-rods. Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace. ZL1 GMPP Driveline Upgrade. TurnOne P/S pump. CTS-V 6 pistons.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:39 PM   #8
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Quote:
Thanks Anthony,

I do a lot more auto-x than track, will this setup be good?

I noticed that your website didn't have the XR3 pads listed for the Gen5 Camaro application.
Still working on more updates to the site for the added pads

Yes, again that is one of the great things about Cobalts is their ability to grip when they are cold more so than a lot of other pads.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:26 PM   #9
Avalnch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony @ LG Motorsports View Post
Still working on more updates to the site for the added pads

Yes, again that is one of the great things about Cobalts is their ability to grip when they are cold more so than a lot of other pads.
The sooner you can get the website updated, the sooner I can order them.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #10
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Quote:
The sooner you can get the website updated, the sooner I can order them.
Sorry guys....been in the shop on this thing... http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200908

Should have it up here by the end of the week.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:45 AM   #11
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Going on the web page right now as we speak
Old 02-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #12
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
I dont see them on there.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:35 AM   #13
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
I dont see them on there.
Check your PM's....forum rules do not allow me to post links to the site or pricing in the tech sections.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:10 PM   #14
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
How is it that these don't fade on the track if their temp ratings are only 50-1000 according to your website?

Hell the Carbotech XP-8 temp range is 200°F-1350°F+ and I use these on the rear and XP-12 on the front with a temp range of 250°F to 2000°F+. Not to mention these are much more expensive than the CarboTech's. Even if you spend the extra money to have them pre-bedded.

So how are these better??

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote