Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 03-08-2014, 04:40 PM   #183
Anaconda

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 6-speed VR
Ah I see.
Anaconda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 04:52 PM   #184
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
I have a feeling that if and when the brand comes back , the boxes will have a sticker with something like this

Designed in USA

Built is PRC/Mexico
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:57 PM   #185
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
I have a feeling that if and when the brand comes back , the boxes will have a sticker with something like this

Designed in USA

Built is PRC/Mexico

They won't be coming back, or at least I don't expect them to.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:57 AM   #186
2ss-booya

Drives: 2015 SS Sedan M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by elarson5757 View Post
Getting small business loans or grants doesn't mean they were not under capitalized nor does it mean they didn't repay them. A small business loan or grant for a couple hundred grand isn't a drop in the bucket if your business is of any size at all. Hell 200K in many cases might not even get you setup in a building and allow you to get started...

you can have all the orders in the world and even be back ordered and easily be in this situation. Not enough cash to expand to be able to meet orders, get some suppliers that you are using for steel, etc that start paying late in this economy, or not enough cash to be able to buy raw materials in sufficient bulk to keep the prices down where your margins need to be. Have a bank cut your LOC due to the economy...it's all easily possible no matter how many orders you have so don't google their name, find this info, and assume your being lied to believe me.

Eric
Why shouldn't I google them? It's public information...and frankly, my tax dollars that went to their loan as well. I was simply providing the information I found out of curiosity and one shouldn't always believe what they hear directly from the company...I mean did you really think that pfadt would come out and say..."Well guys screw it...we're going under...and those guys that ordered product...well you're screwed. Have a nice day" ?
2ss-booya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:21 PM   #187
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
If you can't charge customers until you ship, and you have a large number of orders that are expensive to make, you need the money to be able to order all the materials and cover the payroll to build and fulfill those orders so you can ship and charge the customers. If you don't have the money and can't get the credit line, you can have the situation where you have a product that's selling and has orders and you can't fulfill them.

If anybody in your supply chain has a problem and now you suddenly can't get a key component, you've also suddenly got a problem. Now you have to find another source and the length of time that takes can be fatal business-wise if you were under-capitalized to begin with, because your overhead still continues each month eating away at your reserve.

I don't see anything underhanded taking place with the Pfadt situation; just an unfortunate situation that didn't work out.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:22 PM   #188
elarson5757
Obsessed and Loving It...

Drives: 2013 1LE-SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ss-booya View Post
Why shouldn't I google them? It's public information...and frankly, my tax dollars that went to their loan as well. I was simply providing the information I found out of curiosity and one shouldn't always believe what they hear directly from the company...I mean did you really think that pfadt would come out and say..."Well guys screw it...we're going under...and those guys that ordered product...well you're screwed. Have a nice day" ?

Think you need to re-read. What I said was essentially don't google them and take what you find as fact and or draw your own conclusions. This is especially true if you have never been a business owner and this may not know anything about lines of credit, business loans, payment terms, etc etc etc.
elarson5757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:52 PM   #189
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Ranger View Post
What business can you start for $5000 today? A hot dog cart costs more probably just in government taxes licenses and fees.

Still the best country on earth but I fear the "land of opportunity" will need to be renamed "land of the handout".

Its sad.
The Pfadt situation aside, you can start plenty of businesses for under $5000 still today…especially service or non brick and motor retail businesses. I am willing to bet more vendors on this site started with less than $5000 than more than that. Manufacturing used to be the one thing that required a crap ton of money and investment to do. Now that is even passing. If you go to SEMA, there is row upon row of Chinese manufacturers looking for an American to peddle their wares.

It's not hard to start a business. The problem is, most of the people who start businesses do so because they want to spend their lives doing something they love…NOT because they have a clue what they are doing.
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:24 PM   #190
Crazyhorse6901
Turbine Maker

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT-RS "LFX"V6
It's all about credit in order to obtain the Benjamin's... Too bad I really wanted the Pfadt 2010+ Camaro Road Racing Kit - Stage 5. I have looked at others and wasn't that empressed with the overall quality, nothing will compare to Pfadt.
Crazyhorse6901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:42 PM   #191
2ss-booya

Quote:
Originally Posted by elarson5757 View Post
Think you need to re-read. What I said was essentially don't google them and take what you find as fact and or draw your own conclusions. This is especially true if you have never been a business owner and this may not know anything about lines of credit, business loans, payment terms, etc etc etc.
I understand what you're saying...though to be honest... If I am not allowed to do my own research and draw my own conclusions and opinions..then what am I allowed to do? Am I only supposed to believe what Pfadt says? My point was to simply look at the bigger picture here coming from a business that started in 2006 (very young), and as they say there are always two sides to a story. Nevertheless it is still unfortunate that they closed their doors...their parts were well made.

In addition, why would you suspect that a government site that lists SBA loan information to not be as close to fact as possible?

On another note, I manage a family business that was founded in 1983...so I've had my fair share of education on lines of credit, business loans, payment terms etc etc.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:39 AM   #192
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
The Pfadt situation aside, you can start plenty of businesses for under $5000 still today…especially service or non brick and motor retail businesses. I am willing to bet more vendors on this site started with less than $5000 than more than that. Manufacturing used to be the one thing that required a crap ton of money and investment to do. Now that is even passing. If you go to SEMA, there is row upon row of Chinese manufacturers looking for an American to peddle their wares.

It's not hard to start a business. The problem is, most of the people who start businesses do so because they want to spend their lives doing something they love…NOT because they have a clue what they are doing.
Nail on the head!

I started SNL Performance and Monster Clutch Co. for less than $5k and in a storage facility, I've since turned this into a multi-million dollar venture. I also don't live frivolously through my shops bank account. (not saying the guys at Pfadt did this btw) I have a small house, and I just bought a new car for the first time in almost a decade. I like the simple things in life, I don't need a ton of material things to make me happy and I believe that's why we are the way we are. Hell, I'm the third lowest paid person on my staff. LOL

We have no loans either, everything we do is paid in cash - this is both a good and bad thing.

Running your own business is a large venture, many don't realize what's involved, even though they think they do. It's incredibly tough.
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:19 PM   #193
sapperlite

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Convertible
Holy crap. I don't log in for a couple of weeks and then when I do I see this. I feel like someone I know and care about just died. I am so glad I got my PFADT ZL spec front and rear sways and drop springs during the black Friday sale. These parts are my favorite mods so far. Thanks for all you have done for us PFADT and I wish you all the best and a Phoenix like rebound.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:39 PM   #194
BooSSted

Drives: 2017 Z06 / 2012 CTS
Regardless of the situation, it sucks seeing a quality GM aftermarket outlet fail. But someone else will emerge from others struggles, demand is still there.
BooSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:50 AM   #195
2ss-booya

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooSSted View Post
Regardless of the situation, it sucks seeing a quality GM aftermarket outlet fail. But someone else will emerge from others struggles, demand is still there.
^^ This
Old 03-18-2014, 01:54 AM   #196
DESERTDOG

Drives: 2012 ZL1 M6 Summit White
Glad I was able to purchase your finest ZL1...it is in good hands.
DESERTDOG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, closed, headers, pfadt