Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Camaro5 Store Merchandise

Old 07-18-2016, 09:04 AM   #15
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Should you have problems in the future, please contact me by phone, email or PM. That will end your service and communications issues.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 07:03 PM   #16
Mike_G

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Issues continue. After about 5 miles I am getting a metallic squeaking noise from the front passenger shock. This is the one that I had issues with the camber plate not fitting properly and getting stuck on the shaft and then the shock coming apart when trying to disassemble everything.

Shock was rebuilt by DSE. There were still some imperfections in some parts of the camber plate that were not replaced. Not sure if these could be causing the issue.

Issues identified that remain with camber plate on passanger side are as follows. 1) Drivers side upper spring perch and stearing bearings fit over the shaft and slide up and down smoothly. Passanger side spring perch and stearing bearing gets hung up as you slide it down on the shaft. It is easily pushed all the way on but it is not a smooth motion like the drivers side. 2) There is actually metal missing from the inner circumference of the upper spring perch and the washer under the stearing bearing, are these rough surfaces an issue?

Here is a video of the metallic squeak. It happens pretty much anytime the suspension is compressed or un-weights on the passenger front wheel. You can hear it at 1 and about 1.5 seconds in the video. If anyone has any thoughts please let me know. It was not making this noise before I had the camber plate issue and the shock re build. It was not present when I put my stock shocks back on while these were being inspected and rebuilt and started after a couple miles of these being re-installed. I have checked all adjustment collars on the shock body as well as the bolts on the camber plate itself and all are tight. Unit was shipped back completley assembled with monoball for cambe rplate already attached so all I needed to do was bolt the bottom to knuckle and the top to the camber plate mounting plate.

Use to have
2010 Camaro SS - ECS SC 1500, Kooks LTH + HFC, Corsa, CTS-V brakes, Detroit Speed Coilovers, BMR sways (FE4 conversion), DSE endlinks, BMR toe rods and trailing arms, Forgestar F14's
Mike_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 02:22 PM   #17
Mike_G

Quick update, great support for Jordan at JDPmotorsports where I purchased these from. Sent some pics and heard back same day. I noticed there was a loose part on the top of the shock body when I took the wheel off to inspect and take pics to send. Turn out it was a dust cap that should be pressed into the top of the shock. Jordan had me press that back into place and after about 60 miles of driving today to drop the car off for some work, not a single noise. Thanks Jordan!

Use to have
2010 Camaro SS - ECS SC 1500, Kooks LTH + HFC, Corsa, CTS-V brakes, Detroit Speed Coilovers, BMR sways (FE4 conversion), DSE endlinks, BMR toe rods and trailing arms, Forgestar F14's
Old 08-08-2016, 07:15 PM   #18
Mike_G

problems continue. Dust cap has come off a few times, anoying but easy fix. Went to make an adjustment to the compression/ rebound in the front and same shock I have had issues with from the start has a completely frozen adjustment knob. Can't turn it in either direction as hard as I try. This one shock is just turning out to be a nightmare. Sent JDP and Detroit speed a message, we'll see if anyone has any thoughts now. I am ready to just have this one damper swapped out at this point, I have about had it. The three other dampers have been problem free.

Use to have
Old 09-09-2016, 08:59 PM   #19
Mike_G

Someone just asked how this turned out, didnt realize I never updated it.

In the end my second experience with Detroit Speed customer service was extremely good. Unfortunately I did have to send the shock back a second time to have them fix the dust cap pictured above as well as fix the issue with the adjustment knob.

Before sending the shock back this second time, I expressed my concern being without the car for an extended period of time again. They were not able to send a replacement part and have me just swap it out and send mine back but they promised it would be shipped to JRI as soon as they got it and JRI would do a 24hr turn around time for them on the repairs. Detroit speed got my shock on a Monday afternoon, sent it off to JRI who fixed and sent in back to Detroit Speed. It was shipped back to me on the same week Thursday afternoon. Preety amazing turn around if you ask me.

Hopefully people get this type of swervice from them consistently and my one experience was an outlier. Based on my most recent experience and the performance of their parts I would buy from them again if I needed something.

Use to have