Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-23-2015, 10:49 PM   #1
BULLITT65

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Manual, Aqua Blue
2010 early production vs. late productions emblems

Hi guys, I am new to the forum, and was curious about what differences there were on 2010 camaros for early production vs late production.

1)I know the back up assist was added later on

2)I know if you pre ordered your car it will show up on the original window sticker
(but not on a copy)

3) I see a lot of the early 2010 with the silver GM emblem on the lower quarter, (behind the front wheels) but I do not see this emblem on the later 2010models. Did they stop installing it at one point during the 2010 model year?

4)I am aware that they discontinued Aqua Blue Metallic prior to the end of the 2010 model year, what was the cut off date?

5) Was the beige interior option also discontinued early?

These are just a few of my questions, if there are any 2010 model year changes please post them
thanks!
BULLITT65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 11:05 PM   #2
Tony's10

Drives: '10 Inferno Orange SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLITT65 View Post
Hi guys, I am new to the forum, and was curious about what differences there were on 2010 camaros for early production vs late production.

2)I know if you pre ordered your car it will show up on the original window sticker
(but not on a copy)

3) I see a lot of the early 2010 with the silver GM emblem on the lower quarter, (behind the front wheels) but I do not see this emblem on the later 2010models. Did they stop installing it at one point during the 2010 model year?

4)I am aware that they discontinued Aqua Blue Metallic prior to the end of the 2010 model year, what was the cut off date?

These are just a few of my questions, if there are any 2010 model year changes please post them
thanks!

I have a (when I purchased) totally stock early production 2010. It did NOT have the little square GM emblem you refer to and in fact I have NEVER seen a 10-15 Camaro with them. I know you can buy them through the dealer or ebay, but I have yet to see one.

I believe the beige interior you refer to is a photo trick or bad lighting. It is the white/cream interior that sometimes looks beige. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty good. Just say'n

My car has the back up sensors and it's an early production #. A lease return I purchased in 2014. Produced in December of 2009.

The window sticker I am no help on as I bought my fine ride used and the previous owner did not see fit to keep such a cool artifact to the introductory year of such an awesome machine.

-Tony
Tony's10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 11:19 PM   #3
BULLITT65

1) I have seen pics of early production cars being delivered with the GM emblems on them,
so pretty sure these made it on some cars, just not sure when/if they became discontinued.
2) beige interior: I am pretty sure white or cream was not an interior option, unless you are saying the beige was in name only and looked white/cream.
I know the production was low:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82768
BTW my Aqua blue metallic was produced 10/09 according to the door sticker, and the original owner said he ordered it right before it was a discontinued color. (Not sure how much truth there is to that statement.)
I am sure I am missing some other items that got switched mid year....

Last edited by BULLITT65; 11-24-2015 at 12:10 AM.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:04 AM   #4
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLITT65 View Post

(but not on a copy)

thanks!
Production of the Camaro began in May 2009, these cars came with the GM badge on the fender and without backup assist. In Aug or Sept 2009 (I can't remember which) GM stopped putting the badges on the fenders, I think the cut off vin number was around 16k. In Oct 2009 GM starting putting back up assist on the Camaro.

Aqua Blue was discontinued in Dec 2009. The cars themselves was still being built up to the end of Dec but you had to have your order in for one before Nov.

Beige interior was never discontinued and is still being offered today on the '15s. It's just not a popular color so you won't see many of them.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 07:10 AM   #5
FloridaBill

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE
My old ABM was built in Nov 09 and it was #2844/3903
FloridaBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 07:40 AM   #6
$inferno
Trust No One

Drives: 94 Camaro Z28 & 2010 Camaro 1LT IOM
We have a 2010 that we are the 3rd owners of. It has the badge on the fender at the bottom. I asked my wife if we could take it off but she said no. You can see it in my signature.

Sorry for posting 3x. It kept saying that I had to wait 30 secs and then it timed out. Sorry

2010 Camaro 1LT V6/A6
94 Camaro Z28 A4
$inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 07:41 AM   #7
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
the emblems are referred to as chicklets here.... and were a carry over and eliminated as corvettes had them before Camaros and they do nothing for value or appearance really....... The differences are quite a few in the revisions over the years as the suspension and interior got upgrade as did the power steering and safety etc etc Consider: the steering wheel, the leather on the dash, the mylink, the mirror, the rear view camera and back up warning, and even the HUD are not things a early production model would have you can see just by sitting in a newer model.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:38 AM   #8
FloridaBill

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE
I think on the early models the rear bowtie had posts that went through the decklid, and later models it was installed with tape adhesive. Not sure what the cutoff was on that change.
FloridaBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:02 AM   #9
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
I have a late 2010 without the GM chicklets and with back up sensors.

Also, when in paddle shift mode, I can get back to sport auto shifting by holding the upshift paddle down for a few seconds. This documented in the 2011 OM, but not 2010. In earlier 2010 cars, you have to move the lever back to D to restore auto shifting.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:24 AM   #10
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
GM stopped putting the GM emblems on the lower front fender of all cars (chicklets ) in 2009 around sept. or oct.i have an early build made in august of 2009 and it has the emblems,but i do not have the back up sensors.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 10:05 AM   #11
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
The 2010 SS I had was built late August 09, #51,xxx with no chicklets, had backup sensors and GM Performance Division badge under hood.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:38 AM   #12
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Production of the Camaro began in May 2009, these cars came with the GM badge on the fender and without backup assist. In Aug or Sept 2009 (I can't remember which) GM stopped putting the badges on the fenders, I think the cut off vin number was around 16k. In Oct 2009 GM starting putting back up assist on the Camaro.
My car was built September 2nd 2009, and it has the "GM badge of excellence" Had I gotten my car a week later then it would have also had the backup sensors. My vin is 43192 so I was among the last to have them.

Interestingly enough, the owners manual shows backup sensors and an LED light on the rear deck lid to show you how far you are for backing up. I can see a cut out in the deck lid to install that, but newer cars don't have that.

Someone pointed out the trunk seal was also changed from earlier models in 2010 and I have seen that. Also earlier 2010 models (2LT and 2SS) had additional plugs for the ambient light that was supposed to go in the dash.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:30 PM   #13
BULLITT65

Very good info fellas. So it looks like the back up assist came in to play right around the time the GM chicklets were not used.
Have to check my owners manual for that LED light on the rear deck lid. I am surprised any additional light would be needed with how bright the back up lights are.

Are the additional ambient lights plugs in the dash visible from the front, or do you only see them behind the dash?

Do all 2010 Camaros have the GM performance division badge under the hood?

I had no idea the Beige was still offered.

When grey is picked out , is it only the black/with grey insert in the seat that is available?
There is no grey only right?
Old 11-24-2015, 02:05 PM   #14
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron10 View Post
GM stopped putting the GM emblems on the lower front fender of all cars (chicklets ) in 2009 around sept. or oct.i have an early build made in august of 2009 and it has the emblems,but i do not have the back up sensors.
My SS was built for me on 8/04/09, #132351. I was the first member on camaro5 who posted photos of a Summit White Camaro which was a delayed color. I have no sensors, do have chicklets plus the GM performance tag on the engine tie bar. I also have a CD player which was also discontinued, but I don't know when.
Welcome to camaro5 and I hope you enjoy your Camaro.