Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 07-21-2008, 03:02 PM   #15
big_dog
Future Z28 Owner.

Drives: Future Camaro Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
they aren't it's just down the road. it's probably going to be the GT500 killer. Fbodfather stated it was down the road. so. . .it's not dead.
thats the best news i heard all year! YES!!!!!

GT500...meat the Z/28
big_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:04 PM   #16
05GT-O.C.D.

Drives: 2005 Mustang GT
Look forward to seeing you guys on the streets, or preferably, the strip. Hopefully Chevy will deliver your car before gas prices kill it. Having you guys around will give the Honda boys someone else to go bother instead of me. Any word on a projected release date? You guys have to be frustrated having GM drag your hopes along for this car for years now, meanwhile Challengers are already on the streets. Not rubbing salt in the wound, but I understand the frustration.

05GT-O.C.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:06 PM   #17
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Kind of reminds me of when Art Model stole our Browns, our main rival the Pittsburgh Steelers supported us and the movement to get our Browns back.

And then they were our enemies again!
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:06 PM   #18
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D. View Post
Look forward to seeing you guys on the streets, or preferably, the strip. Hopefully Chevy will deliver your car before gas prices kill it. Having you guys around will give the Honda boys someone else to go bother instead of me. Any word on a projected release date? You guys have to be frustrated having GM drag your hopes along for this car for years now, meanwhile Challengers are already on the streets. Not rubbing salt in the wound, but I understand the frustration.

as for the honda boys. they still bug me in my silverado and it's stock. what's up with that? hopes haven't been dragged they are out in front and the challenger is just that only a challenger. can't compete. . .lol. only kidding. all I got to say is to each his own.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:20 PM   #19
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Yea, though I drive through the valley of the shadow of rice, I shall fear no turbo, for the torque art with me. Thy rod and thy piston, the comfort me.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:26 PM   #20
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D. View Post

No offense, but the Challenger absolutely reeks of "rush job" now that I've seen the Camaro. The base model Camaro is more appealing than the top model Challenger as far as amenities go.

I'm happy they took their time!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:36 PM   #21
Beyond Limits
Pushin a rock...

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chogan2200 View Post
wow....that's something you would never see on a sport compact tuner site like ClubCav.com for example. That would be like a Civic owner coming in and saying hi, just wouldn't happen. I think the rivalry should be kept at a Highschool Football leage level, keeps interests and humor up, and we unite against foreign cars....except for the 350z cause c'mon, you have to admit that's a sexy piece o' ass ride!!! But I think above all, we will stand united as Muscle Car fans.....especially when the Middle East starts making cars.
That's because in general American Muscle Car owners kick azz!

Perhaps it comes from that deep rooted knowledge that each of us has about how superior our vehicles really are.
Beyond Limits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:44 PM   #22
05GT-O.C.D.

Drives: 2005 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Kind of reminds me of when Art Model stole our Browns, our main rival the Pittsburgh Steelers supported us and the movement to get our Browns back.

And then they were our enemies again!
Hey man, last year was great, but I think this year we're going to really have a team to be proud of. MUCH tougher schedule than last year, but I think the tough schedule will make us stronger in the playoffs. :fingerscrossed:
05GT-O.C.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:04 PM   #23
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Nice to see some sanity. Reminds me of pulling into Blockbuster video a few years ago, and these 3 men about 50 years old glare at me. Then i see they're standing next to two mustangs. (and i drive a CAMARO obviously)
Get a life!
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:09 PM   #24
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Rivalry is supposed to be friendly. You're not sworn mortal enemies.

Bragging rights are the ultimate goal, not feelings of hatred...

EDIT: BTW 05GCD, that's a nice looking mustang. I'm digging the retro wavy bar across the shaved back. No emblems make that car much more appealing.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:38 AM   #25
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I've never been a hater. From the beginning I've said one of my favorite musclecars were the old fox bodies....preferably the 93 5.0. LOVED it.

I appreciate the owners out there who welcome us back to the track with our new 5th Gens. The best part of the story?? We get our Camaro's back...badder than ever....and in return, Ford has to up everything on their Mustangs. It's a win/win situation for both of us!!! I've always loved this rivalry....always been a good time.

Welcome, Mustang owners and thanks for stopping by!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:43 AM   #26
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
I am liking this thread.

When its Maro' vs. Stang. im taking Maro'.

But you better belive its America vs. the World for everything else.
Congoman775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 03:45 AM   #27
swazworth
the nerd king

Drives: 2005 scion xb...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Congoman775 View Post
I am liking this thread.

When its Maro' vs. Stang. im taking Maro'.

But you better belive its America vs. the World for everything else.
so then would you say we are like "TEAM AMERICA" ?

we can all get together and play "America, F*%k Yeah". (from the movie)

count me in..... and i think i need to add a song to my maiden voyage playlist.
swazworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 04:32 AM   #28
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Hey, I've said it before and will say it again: I love all american muscle and pony cars so no hostility from me. Where it now for the Camar I'd probably get a current Mustang GT, might still a bit further down the road to have a little collection.

Nice of you guys to stop by!