Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-13-2008, 04:22 AM   #99
Bomber Z

Drives: 95 Camaro Z28
That one is mine!!!
Bomber Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:39 AM   #100
mega_man_01103

Drives: 2011-12 Chevy Camaro
Send a message via AIM to mega_man_01103
you know how certain cars will always be around? continuous production without years off, say like the corvette which has been in production since 1953!!!!!????? or even the mustang since 1964!

this is the beginning (or i should say re-beginning) of the CAMARO!!!!! this car will be around for a long time!!!!!

EDIT: that is if CAFE doesnt have anything to say about it!

and i totally agree that there are not many other things they can reveal about this car before they HAVE to start talking about the engine......i just hope its sooner than later, so i can start trash talking, even if its with numbers.

mega_man_01103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:40 AM   #101
balonywolf

Drives: 1996 Jeep Cherokee
Send a message via AIM to balonywolf
In a lot of ways, the rear haunches of the Camaro remind me of the Cadillac Cien from several years back.

balonywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:12 AM   #102
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Quote:
Originally Posted by black34v6 View Post

did a little photo enhancement....(sharpening) on a few pics to try to get some better definition in them... that one above turned out best. the rest were blurry...but i can CONFIRM from working on the pics that there was NO fuel door on EITHER side of the car.

there were a few reflections and shadows that appeared to be circular in shape in the old location of the fuel door (but no fancy silver cap) -- so i cant confirm or deny that the fuel door is on top of the fender, but i will attest that teh fuel door is NOT on the side of the car. i'm pretty confident about that...
Weren't the camo Camaros the ones with the weird sign inside saying there was only X liters/gallons of fuel available? Considering that limitation, would that lead you to believe that there is some internal filling mechanism, hence no outside gas cap?
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:54 AM   #103
sdimess84

Drives: 1996 SS S10
looking good in black!
sdimess84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:25 AM   #104
bigralph

Drives: 2001 v6 Camaro
Some one out there please take a quick video of this beautiful black beast.
bigralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:46 AM   #105
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mega_man_01103 View Post
you know how certain cars will always be around? continuous production without years off, say like the corvette which has been in production since 1953!!!!!????? or even the mustang since 1964!

this is the beginning (or i should say re-beginning) of the CAMARO!!!!! this car will be around for a long time!!!!!

EDIT: that is if CAFE doesnt have anything to say about it!

and i totally agree that there are not many other things they can reveal about this car before they HAVE to start talking about the engine......i just hope its sooner than later, so i can start trash talking, even if its with numbers.
The corvette skipped a year in the 80's, between the C3 and C4 generations. it just wasnt ready in time
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:50 AM   #106
balonywolf

Drives: 1996 Jeep Cherokee
Send a message via AIM to balonywolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
The corvette skipped a year in the 80's, between the C3 and C4 generations. it just wasnt ready in time
And with the Mustang, I don't really count the 5.0's as Mustangs. Some people may like 'em as performance vehicles, but, let's face it, they're not Mustangs.
balonywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:08 AM   #107
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY

I swear that these are the same camera's used by Ufologists. You'd figure that in this day and age, with all the mega pixels and telescopic lenses that are available, that we'd be able to take a decent photo of a car.

Other than that, the car's looking real good. Those head lights look good in black too. But I agree, get your copyright off the car.
Eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:16 AM   #108
smike07

Drives: 1998 convertible Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisenhower View Post
[IMG]
I swear that these are the same camera's used by Ufologists. You'd figure that in this day and age, with all the mega pixels and telescopic lenses that are available, that we'd be able to take a decent photo of a car.

Other than that, the car's looking real good. Those head lights look good in black too. But I agree, get your copyright off the car.
If you would like to see the pictures w/o the watermark, go to:
http://www.leftlanenews.com/chevrolet-camaro-2.html
smike07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:20 AM   #109
smike07

Drives: 1998 convertible Camaro RS
I'm with Dragon on this one. The fuel door appears to be on the right quarter panel. The pictures in the left lane news website are better. They're not perfect, but you can see the detail a little better.
smike07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:26 AM   #110
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Man those are some cool shots! I was just thinking that I was hoping for some more spy shots, since it had been a little while. I loved it the first time I saw photos of it, but after seeing it more, I'm finding I like it more and more. I don't think we are going to be disappointed

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:01 AM   #111
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
Taking a look at the pictures from leftlanenews.com (which aren't a ton better), I have to hold out hope for the gas filler at least being on the correct side, and maybe still on top.

As much as I can't see the filler door on the passenger side in the pics, it isn't on the driver's side either. In the 2nd pic, you can see that it isn't on the driver's side, but it kind of looks like it's on the top of the driver's rear quarter.

I can't tell for sure in any of these pics. I'm still hoping, but as I've said before, it isn't a deal breaker.
Attached Images

Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:34 AM   #112
Jay

Drives: Audi A4
Guys I for one am not concerned about the fuel filler door as to where it ends up.... simply I dont care... but all the conversation about it.... I couldn't help but look again for myself... from these pics gentlement it looks like it is on top in the original concept spot on drivers side.... look at the picture attached..... its there imo... if you look hard enough... drivers side quarter panel.... look at it.... so everyone should be happy!!!! Especially TAG, lol, you seemed really down about this one!!

"HEAVEN JUST COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE NOISE"
JAY
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote